• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex defender caps

nagantguy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2020
Small review but I’ve run two sets of vortex defender lens caps on two scopes a Strike Eagle and a DiamondBack I found them to be easy to install , easy to take off and I love that they lay flat on the scope .seem in my humble and limited opinion they are better made and more durable than butler creek and light years beyond any bikini type rubber job. Also like that you can paste your dope /drops into the rear cap lid and have it right in front of your ocular input device’s.

Reactions: oldfart80
Small review but I’ve run two sets of vortex defender lens caps on two scopes a Strike Eagle and a DiamondBack I found them to be easy to install , easy to take off and I love that they lay flat on the scope .seem in my humble and limited opinion they are better made and more durable than butler creek and light years beyond any bikini type rubber job. Also like that you can paste your dope /drops into the rear cap lid and have it right in front of your ocular input device’s.
Yep, gotta agree. I bought a pair of Aadmout caps for my Sightron and couldn't open or close them without entirely too much pressure. Vortex Defenders fit plenty tight enough and open and close with the right amount of force.

Yep, gotta agree. I bought a pair of Aadmout caps for my Sightron and couldn't open or close them without entirely too much pressure. Vortex Defenders fit plenty tight enough and open and close with the right amount of force.

I'm having exactly the opposite experience with the Defenders for my Strike Eagle. Eye piece cap fits fine, however the objective cap just wont stay closed. Breathe on it and it flips up. Vortex sent a replacement however the replacement is doing the same thing. Third times a charm maybe?

I'm having exactly the opposite experience with the Defenders for my Strike Eagle. Eye piece cap fits fine, however the objective cap just wont stay closed. Breathe on it and it flips up. Vortex sent a replacement however the replacement is doing the same thing. Third times a charm maybe?
I've had that happen to caps that were too tight, or pushed too far onto the tube. Just a thought (y)

Reactions: Bigskyguy
Sure hope you get it worked out; I always seem to be the guy who gets the recommended accessories and they don’t work for me. Does sound like maybe they pushed to far unto the tube.

I replaced mine w Aadmout and I’m glad I did. Rather too hard to open when new than have them pop open in their own.

Reactions: Stoweit