• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Diamondback HP?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    Has anyone shot with this scope? I'm looking at the 2.5-8 offering for my hunting rifle. I compared it to a leupold VX-3 and the specs are very similar but at $80 less.

The only thing I don't like about the vortex is the side focus (mainly because I've never had that option before, therefor don't know how to use it. It's just another thing I can screw-up in the field).

Any thoughts?

I own the Diamondback HP 3-12x42mm with Dead-Hold BDC reticle. I love the scope. Very clear and holds zero.
    I personally like the side focus. First time I had the option and wouldn't have it any other way. It's really good for fine tuning the clarity I think.

The first weekend I took this scope out, after I zeroed at the range, I took 2 deer. One at about 250 and the other at 325. The clarity and side focus really helped in confirming the points on each deers rack. I love it and have no regrets. Great Bang for your buck! Hope this helps with your decision.......

Well since you offered...

How does the parallax adjustment work? I understand what parallax is, but if I have it set to, say, 80 yards, and a deer walks out at 130, will my POI be off? Or will the image just not be totally clear?

Well since you offered...

How does the parallax adjustment work? I understand what parallax is, but if I have it set to, say, 80 yards, and a deer walks out at 130, will my POI be off? Or will the image just not be totally clear?

POI will remain the same. The image just won't be as clear as it can be. It was funny, when I saw my first deer for the season I lased it at about 250yd. Without even looking at the parallax adjustment I fine tuned the image until it was crystal clear, when I looked at the adjustment knob it was was a hair under 250yd. That parallax knob is right on. But it Will Not change your POI.