• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex EBR-2C

Djstorm100

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
Has anyone been able to get their hands on one of these? I'm having a hard time to really see if it would be worth it and how it compares with the horus reticule I plan to get a 6-24x50 FFP for my remy 700aac-sd.

Pros/cons/ other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Vortex EBR-2C

I've got that reticle in my razor HD 5-20x. I will be going with the same 2C option on my new RazorII model that should be here next week sometime. I do like having the marking which has made hold overs a touch quicker for my eyes when holding for elevation and windage together.

So far I've really enjoyed the reticle although it seems that some really prefer the 1C option as a less cluttered look.

Last edited:
I've got that reticle in my razor HD 5-20x. I will be going with the same 2C option on my new RazorII model that should be here next week sometime. I do like having the marking which has made hold overs a touch quicker for my eyes when holding for elevation and windage together.

So far I've really enjoyed the reticle although it seems that some really prefer the 1C option as a less cluttered look.

You've got the 2B not the 2C, they are different reticles. The C is thinner all around with 10th has marks too. Basically it's the 1C with dots.

Has anyone been able to get their hands on one of these? I'm having a hard time to really see if it would be worth it and how it compares with the horus reticule I plan to get a 6-24x50 FFP for my remy 700aac-sd.

Pros/cons/ other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I personally wouldn't touch a Horus if you gave it to me. WAY to cluttered to be useable. They are good for hunting people though, just not the precision match game. I will have that 2C you're looking for feedback on here tomorrow. I'll let you know my thoughts. I'm more of a 1C type of guy myself but with these scopes I'll take what I can get right now

Last edited:
You've got the 2B not the 2C, they are different reticles. The C is thinner all around with 10th has marks too. Basically it's the 1C with dots.

I personally wouldn't touch a Horus if you gave it to me. WAY to cluttered to be useable. They are good for hunting people though, just not the precision match game. I will have that 2C you're looking for feedback on here tomorrow. I'll let you know my thoughts. I'm more of a 1C type of guy myself but with these scopes I'll take what I can get right now

Hey bud, did you get a chance to check out the scope?

The EBR-2C in the PST is a revised version of the XLR reticle in the Viper HS LR FFP 6-24x50. I've been running that scope on both my competition rifles since Nov 2012, and it is tits plain and simple. The revisions include an open center, 2MOA wind hashes on the main horizontal, and most importantly they made the #'s large enough to read at less than 24X along the vertical.

sub_vhs-lr_f_6-24x50_xlr_moa-t.jpg

sub_pst_f_6-24x50_ebr2c_moa-t.jpg

Hey bud, did you get a chance to check out the scope?

I shot with the new Razor today quite a bit. Zeroing it all the way out to 500 practicing on a mover. I can't say enough about the scope. It's the closest thing to a perfect scope as I've used. The reticle is good, it's just not for me, but I say that with a bit of hesitation. Reason being is that I like a really simple reticle. I.E. EBR-1c. That being said the EBR-2c is awesome. It's got everything you could need in a "horus style" with out all the Excel sheet bs. You want pictures? I can try and take some tomorrow during my match. BTW the glass in these new Razors is fu*king amazing!!!!

I've have the PST line...Thought about the Razors but can't spruge on that type of scope as much as I would love too.

Is there $1,000 different in these scopes..I know I went off topic a little here.

Could you explain more please. What makes the 1,000 dollar increase in price justifiable ? I took one shot through one but that was it.

Construction and glass. It's a totally different scope. The PSTs are a good scope for what they are, a sub $1000 FFP scope, but the original Razor is built tougher and has better glass and also features like the zero stop. It's not just the same scope in a different color with an extra $1000 added to the price.

The pst also has the zero stop. I looked at both and went with the pst. I like it alot

The pst also has the zero stop. I looked at both and went with the pst. I like it alot

No the PST has a washer system that can be worked into a zero stop. It's not a hard set zero stop like the Razors. PST is a fine scope for what it is but the Razors are a different league of scope.

Oh. I didn't have to use the washers. I bottom out with a 100 yard zero. Thanks for the correction

The PST's are a great scope for the price but the PST's and the Razor's are not in the same league. The razors have better construction, glass, turrets, internals, and on and on.

I really like the Ltec zero stop on the Razor, very easy to use and accurate. Didn't like the shims on the PST.

The shim system on the PST series is sloppy. While it does work for light target use, the stop tends to migrate with hard use and can even momentarily jam. It is no substitute for a real zero stop built into the turrets from conception.