• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Vortex fluting - SA Remington

Boltfluter

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
Haines, Oregon
Hey Guys,

Just finished the first Rem. SA in the latest style. I think I like it.
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.

Re: Vortex fluting - SA Remington

what is the cost for the bolt knob/install and fluting/coating exactly like this on a standard remington 700 long action.

dawson08,

Fluting runs 85.00 for a Remington. Bolt knob install, including knob, runs 95.00. The bolt in the pic is not coated. It is the original bluing. Fluting can be done on a Savage for 95.00 as the bolt bodies are very hard on tooling.
grin.gif

Thanks Guys,

Paul.

There is a little less friction, as there is less of the bolt body in contact with the action. They cycle very smoothly.
grin.gif

Regards, Paul.

I like that style too. I might be sending mine in.

I like it ! Was on the fence about bolt fluting till I saw this . Email sent on having my 700 long action done .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aspen69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I like it ! Was on the fence about bolt fluting till I saw this . Email sent on having my 700 long action done .</div></div>
+1
I really like the vortex fluting. I would like to have my Rem 700 SA done as well. What is your turn around time?

Paul's work is insane!!!! and his turn around time is very fast. One of the best transactions I have done off of this forum.

Thumbs up Paul!!! As I said before I hope your business is very successful. Lord knows your customer service is awesome!!!!

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for the positive feedback. It is greatly appreciated.
grin.gif
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.

I like the bolt knob AND the overly aggressive fluting! Looks cool and it should keep the bolt from locking up in all but the harshest conditions

Thumbs up!!!

Reminds me of a screw in a super charger. Hey, a catchy name there. Looks good.