• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

vortex fury HD range finding binoculars

missed

nothing
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
TEXAS
Any body have more info on these or real world testing yet? Looks like street price is going to be about $1200. I need a new range finder and binoculars, thinking real hard about these when they come available.

I don't think they're supposed to be released until June or July.

No there not to be out till summer. But Frank had the AMG in hand months before the release running it through its paces.

Haha figures when I just bought a Bushnell conx.

Maybe I'll still pick them up later in the year once they have been torture tested.

I have not thoroughly tested them yet but out to 600 yards on steel, tags are very quick and accurate. Good fit and feel for size and weight. I am excited to take them out this hunting season and try them on game.

Nice! ill have to add them to my list! I like my Bushnell rangefinder, but the bino's would be really nice.

We just did a video for the Furys. These are better than a pocket rangefinder in every way. Certainly more comfortable, better glass than most pocket rangefinders, more magnification and wider field of view. I found the Fury to be a great product for the price. Certainly allows alot of shooters access to rangefinding binoculars that could'nt previously get into them.

Looks promising, I wonder how well it will actually do on 20" plates at/beyond 1000m. If it can compete with the Kilos out to 1400-1500, They might get even more money from me (again).

I saw cameralandny listing geovid hd demos for $1500 recently. I'd happily pay that extra $300 over what has been reported as viper level glass in the furys.

I'm by no means a binocular/spotting scope snob. I've always paid out the ass for rifle scopes, but never really got too overboard with spotting equipment, so I guess I've never felt the need to have the very best glass in my binos. That said, I won a pair of Viper HD binos a couple years ago, and was stunned by the clarity from them. If these Fury binos are on that level, I don't know how a guy could really complain.

I'd like to replace my old Bushnell Fusion 1600's because I've crushed/dropped them a few times and have JB weld holding the battery terminal together, and I've never been impressed with the glass in them. My only worry is how far the Fury will range in various conditions. I can put reflective markers up near my targets and get 1700-1800yd pretty repeatably with the Bushnells.

We just took our first delivery on the Fury. If you get one from us and are not thrilled, we will of course take it back from you.

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that I can assist you with please let me know.
Doug

Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000

Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com
Long Islands Largest Camera and Sports Optics Superstore

Please visit www.PelagicOutfitters.com for your Fishing Tackle needs

I'm considering buying a pair of the Fury HD's and stopped in Cabelas to get a pair in hand the other day. The glass was on par with other Viper HD glass and the rangefinder seemed to work well. Nikon had a set similarly priced and I looked at those as well. The glass in the Vortex was superior to the Nikon but the rangefinder in the Nikon was faster. I still plan on buying the Vortex.

We just did a video for the Furys. These are better than a pocket rangefinder in every way. Certainly more comfortable, better glass than most pocket rangefinders, more magnification and wider field of view. I found the Fury to be a great product for the price. Certainly allows alot of shooters access to rangefinding binoculars that could'nt previously get into them.

Thanks for the review~

Gonna touch on this. Found and ordered a set on Monday. Arrived yesterday. Was waiting payment on a Terrapin ready to ship out so I unpacked it and took both outside and began ranging. I hit stop signs (307 yds), vehicles out to 933 yds, a water tower at 1458 yds, and even 2 dudes standing at a street corner at 805 yds. I kept going back and forth with the two and the fury ranged within 1 yd of the Terrapin on every target. Big smile on my face, I thought that was impressive. Impressions on the fury bino/lrf, I think the glass looks awesome and I say that cause I’m in a ground blind in deep south Texas and the brush country looks beautiful thru these binos (very 3D). The ranging button when pressed to fire the laser seems like a 2 1/2 lb trigger pull versus the Terrapin more like a 4 lb pull. I like the smaller aiming reticle on the Terrapin but had no problems with the fury at the distances ranged. I know the gent I sold my terrapin to is going to love it but don’t feel I down graded with how well the fury is performing for my needs( mostly target archery, some hunting and taking the rifles out to just past 1,000 yds maybe a handful times per year.

Forgot to add this A1CECD87-FA13-49B1-880A-0ACD25858C85.jpeg

These look really interesting and I'm a van of Vortex Viper binos - been using mine for 2 years as a full time/year-round outfitter/guide. But I'd kinda like to see what Sig comes out with. I can't imagine that they don't have a rangefinding bino in the works. I love my Kilo 2000 and I've been saving to upgrade to the 2400. I'm crossing my fingers that maybe Sig will have a marriage between the 2400 and their optics department to deliver a range finding bino at SHOT.

We can always dream, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does someone has any information about the beam divergence spec?
i mostly hunt foxes and small varmints in almost flat land and ranging such small target is not really easy.

a comparison between the fury's and the crf 2700 rangefinder would be fantastic..

I borrowed a set of these from a friend, a few days ago. I will have them for a total of 5 days. So far so good. I've got an 800 yard range in NW Texas, with steel in front of berms every hundred yards. Yesterday morning, with the sun shining in the face of the optic, here is how it ranged:

Ranging steel:
800 Vortex says 798
700> 698
600> 598
500> 498
400> 400
300> 295
200> 196
100> 104

Many range finders have lasered my berms, and got exact hundred yard increments. Is the error enough to cause someone to miss center? No. But I would like to (and will) test the laser beyond 1000 yards.

The glass. Man, it really is nice. I've been playing with it overcast, sunny, dusk, from sunlight into shade, from shade>across sunlight>and into shade. I kept glassing last night up to 30 minutes after sunset. Glassing east, I could still clearly make out tree leaves at 380 yards, 17 minutes after sunset. Glassing NW, I could still see details on my entryway and gates from 540 yards away, and it was 20 minutes after sunset. So far, the unit is telling me I need to buy one of my own. Only negative (for some people) it does weigh quite a bit. It doesn't bother me, but could bother others.

I'll report anymore findings.

does someone has some news about it especially concerning their performance on games and varmint?if it works on foxes it would be perfect for my needs!

does someone has some news about it especially concerning their performance on games and varmint?if it works on foxes it would be perfect for my needs!

When I had one on loan, I ranged several non-reflective objects, usually tree canopy, and tree trunks. The farthest I ranged with it was a juniper, across a plowed field at 1050 yards. My inclination is that it is a pretty capable laser. The ranging box that comes up is significantly smaller than the ring in a Swaro laser guide, that I am accustomed to. I coyote hunt on a weekly basis, and belive the laser would do a good job for that.

Good input, thank you. I’m gonna head to Cabela’s and get a look at them. I’m in need of a RF and I go and forth on 2 units vs a combo like these.

thank you garvey!i have to make a choice between the vortex and the crf 2700,not an easy choice!

i think i will order a crf 2700 because i ve a crf 1200 for a few years and never had any issue with it and my leica dealer is a fantastic man to deal with!
it would have been different if i could have tried a fury set especially on varmints but considering i'm in Europe it won't happened!

This is high on my xmas list this year

I'm by no means a binocular/spotting scope snob. I've always paid out the ass for rifle scopes, but never really got too overboard with spotting equipment, so I guess I've never felt the need to have the very best glass in my binos. That said, I won a pair of Viper HD binos a couple years ago, and was stunned by the clarity from them. If these Fury binos are on that level, I don't know how a guy could really complain.

I'd like to replace my old Bushnell Fusion 1600's because I've crushed/dropped them a few times and have JB weld holding the battery terminal together, and I've never been impressed with the glass in them. My only worry is how far the Fury will range in various conditions. I can put reflective markers up near my targets and get 1700-1800yd pretty repeatably with the Bushnells.
I have the same problems with my Bushnell 1600arcs. Broke the battery cap and sent it in, their solution wasn't to replace the housing, it was to sell me a whole new unit.... finally got a manager on the phone and they got it fixed, mind you warranty was up so I had to pay for it.
Broke the same damn housing yesterday, I'm not even going to try to deal with them. I'm going to go a different route. Their warranties suck ass and they're a crap company turning out crap glass, and that's on a good day. They'll never see another dime from me.
If they'd been vortex, they'd have fixed or replaced them at no cost. Bushnell can keep selling their upgraded barska junk to air softers

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Would these have better glass than the Bushnell fusion lrf binos? That’s what I’m currently using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had my hands on both the Fury and the Bushnell Fusion (not at the same time) and I'd have to say the Fury glass is in another class and on par with the Viper HD glass if not better.

Would you choose the viper over the fury if money was not the issue? Or any similar RF binos?

The FURY is the only RF bino Vortex currently offeres, I was just using the Viper HD as an example of comparative glass quality. Depending on the budget these are a good value for the $, IMO...that said they aren't in the same category as the Leica or the Swavs for glass or rangefinding ability, you will pay extra for that. Nikon has one out now too in the same price range as the FURY but I have zero experience with them.