• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Gen3 6-36 turret position ring loose

Gatis

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2023
Latvia
Hi everyone!

Small problem here.
A part what I would call a turret position ring (?) came loose on my 6-36 without any impact or any abuse to the rifle or the scope.
The one indicated on photo (stolen from the net).

Shooting match is coming up this weekend and I'm hesitant to start the warranty process.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?
I'm tempted to fix the loose ring with a small drop or two of glue as it does not seem to have any other function as just to hold the line for turret position indication. Would that sort out the issue without affecting other functionality?

And yes .. I'm bit disappointed in Vortex quality. Scope is just few month old.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
Just call vortex and send it to them. They’ll have it back to you in a week or so in the correct state.

When you call Vortex, ask for a shipping label if it isn't offered.

Vortex gave me a shipping label in less than 15 minutes of messaging them, they'll get you sorted right quick! I kmow that doesn't really "fix" your problem with the QC, but at least it gets sorted super fast when there is an issue...

Last edited:
Reactions: YotaEer