• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex HD 5-20x50

cyborg

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2007
Departed
Anyone have any feedback on the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Vortex HD 5-20 x 50 Scope</span></span>?

Thanks
1S1

Re: Vortex HD 5-20x50

Do a search for member - Vu - Great review recently

I see Rob just beat me to it.

I love mine, but the eyebox is tight. You'll need to be darn near perfect behind the scope on higher magnifications for perfect sight picture.

This guy did a review too
wink.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...476#Post1679476

As stated, nice scope, good value, eyebox is a little sensitive.

the reviews are pretty much spot on,.. i recently put mine back on my .300WM 5R,. the tight eye box was pissing me off,. so it went to a diffrent rifle,. and now that i've been using it alot more i have gotten use to the eye box enough to put it back on the gun i orginally got it for.

just got mine yesterday

shot a little with it this afternoon

the more i use it the more i like it

i love the reticle

just a few tweaks and it would be an amazing scope

i used to shoot a 4-16 schmidt, i am happy with the razor and an extra $1,000 in the bank

for the money its tough to beat

The thing I've told several people is to make sure you've got it far enough forward. Many people mount it too far back and this makes the eye relief more sensitive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The thing I've told several people is to make sure you've got it far enough forward. Many people mount it too far back and this makes the eye relief more sensitive. </div></div>

great tip

i ended up moving mine 3 times before i got it set, it is sensitive, thank goodness for adjustible cheeck's without that i wouldnt keep the scope

by far the longest scope mounting session i have ever had

i played around alot today 15x and didnt have alot of issues getting a good sight picture, to me anyway that is a good magnification for positianal type shooting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love mine, but the eyebox is tight. You'll need to be darn near perfect behind the scope on higher magnifications for perfect sight picture. </div></div>

The good news is, I rarely get parallax induced POI change. It's almost impossible to get my eye in the *wrong* spot.
wink.gif

John

I really liked mine. The eyebox gets tight around 20x, but if you have a an adjustable cheek piece it shouldn't cause any problems. I think you would be very happy if you got one.

if i use mine at 20x then i take the time to make everything right,.. but if i am shooting quick & dirty and using the reticule instead of dialing then i usually have it backed off to 15x and i dont have to worry about eye placement nearly as much.

even on 1K targets 15x is good enough with the EBR-2 ret.

Grat feedback fellas. Bottom line, is that the Razor HD seems to be settling down into one of the best options out there for under $2000....and knowing Vortex, the scope will only get better with time.

Scott

Which reticle are most of you using?I am looking at the EBR-2.

I had the EBR 3 and switched to the EBR 2. I don't range with my reticle, so the .1 mil increments offered nothing to me, but the open center and the option of dialing down/left 1 mil and using one of the Christmas Tree dots as an aiming point with the EBR 2, improve the precision shooting aspect of this scope.

John

I had one Vortex with EBR-2, contemplated EBR-3 for the 2nd scope precisely for its improved ranging capabilities, finally got my second Vortex also with EBR-2 - mostly for the reasons John outlined in the previous post.

I have a Vortex Razor HD and a Vortex Razor spotter. The are extremely clear optics and spotting holes for my 223 at 350 yards can be accomplished with the spotting scope. I was blown away by their clarity. As these are my first high end optics I am sure that I have more to see but these are working out great so far.