• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Military Discount!

Semperfi87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Can someone offer some insight on the actual buying process I registered for the Law Enforcement/ Military Discount program a while back, Once Verified I was sent a email with order form. Now the process seems to use Experticity any Experience with this site? Looking for someone with first hand experience it's a lot of money at stake?

There might be some dealers that will do the discount that have product on the shelf and can ship same day..........

Many ideas who would? I ordered a set of 34mm rings when I ordered my razor and the rings have been on backorder since 6-dec. Killing me that I can't use my scope but the rings were such a good deal I can't bring myself to pay double to order them from somewhere else.

Experticity and the military/leo program you registered with are both legit and proven methods of ordering product direct from Vortex. Vortex is a great company and tends to under promise/over deliver. Having said that, there will often be a fairly substantial wait for products ordered via either of these two methods. Rumor has it some dealers will match Vortex's mil/leo pricing and ship in stock product same day but I don't know if this is actually true or not. Someone PM me details if you know! lol

Many ideas who would? I ordered a set of 34mm rings when I ordered my razor and the rings have been on backorder since 6-dec. Killing me that I can't use my scope but the rings were such a good deal I can't bring myself to pay double to order them from somewhere else.

Sportoptics honors Vortex Mil/Leo program. Just ordered for them. Hassle free and awesome customer service.

Experticity was changing me tax so i went directly through vortex.

I've heard nothing but great things about this program. Good job vortex!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Ordering directly from vortex with this program was easy and all staff involved are great to work with. I might have trouble buying scopes from anyone else.

I know Leupold offers a 50% discount and you deal with them directly. Seems strange vortex would farm this out to a 3rd party. Might be worth a call to them to verify this is indeed the process.

How long did it take to get your "team" approved? I sent them a DD214 last Thursday and still haven't heard a peep.

Usually, it only takes a day or two for them to respond. The NRA show was last week, so they may be catching up on things...

After the AMAZING discount I got through the Vortex Mil / LEO program and OUTSTANDING customer service plus a warranty that is second to none, I am a loyal customer from here on out! Besides......my Razor HD II is an awesome piece of glass!!!

Vortex using Expertcity but you can still order direct,just got my razor hdii 4.5x27x56 last week even when they say it would take 4 to 6 week waiting.thanks to Mr Boran to a great service!!!!

Koda

Don't mean to derail, but does S&B offer any military discount? Or any of the top sellers of S&B maybe?

I know Leupold offers a 50% discount and you deal with them directly. Seems strange vortex would farm this out to a 3rd party. Might be worth a call to them to verify this is indeed the process.

Leupold used to use Promotive/Expertcity as well. Not strange at all. Vortex is transitioning out of the forms and prefers Promotive/Expertcity until such a time as their new system is ready. You can still call in an order if you are already vetted.

After the AMAZING discount I got through the Vortex Mil / LEO program and OUTSTANDING customer service plus a warranty that is second to none, I am a loyal customer from here on out! Besides......my Razor HD II is an awesome piece of glass!!!

Ok, now you have me wondering. I'm in the market for a gen 2 viper prs - are we talking like 10% discount or what? Pm if you want, I'm not trying to dig for specific $ amounts or anything.
thanks.

( and experticiti doesn't make it real clear on what to do after I crated an account as the vortex page suggested...)

( and experticiti doesn't make it real clear on what to do after I crated an account as the vortex page suggested...)

Yeah, Experticity is so vague. I unlocked 3 brands, I'm top 50% in hunt/tac with all the quizzes I have available done. I think I have to start buying stuff to unlock more.

go direct to vortex, the shipping time from experticity is about 4+ months (based on good friend buying a razor HD a while back)

IMG_3980.JPG
Ok, now you have me wondering. I'm in the market for a gen 2 viper prs - are we talking like 10% discount or what? Pm if you want, I'm not trying to dig for specific $ amounts or anything.
thanks.

Contact Vortex directly rather than going through a third party. Provide them your credentials and they will tell you what the discount is. I also ordered scope rings, scope caps, and a Switchview from them. Arrived within a couple of weeks. Here is the result mounted on my RPR:

Last edited:

Contact Vortex directly rather than going through a third party. Provide them your credentials and they will tell you what the discount is. Mine came up to xxx which was about xxx less than the online price from retailers. I also ordered scope rings, scope caps, and a Switchview from them. Arrived within a couple of weeks. Here is the result mounted on my RPR:

One of the only stipulations is that you don't disclose the amount of the mil discount to others. I'm certain that also means don't post it on a public forum. I'd appreciate if you didn't ruin it for the rest of us.

One of the only stipulations is that you don't disclose the amount of the mil discount to others. I'm certain that also means don't post it on a public forum. I'd appreciate if you didn't ruin it for the rest of us.

I'm with Devildog on this. GT, It looks like you've been a member of the Hide since Sept 2011 so you should have seen this warning posted before. Vortex goes over and above trying to take care of those who are serving in the military, or have served, and I thank them for recognizing our service. Please abide by their wishes.

Sorry about that.....either he didn't bring it up or I missed that during the very long conversation I had with the Vortex salesman that took my call. Thanks for the heads up......I have edited my post.

I'm with Devildog on this. GT, It looks like you've been a member of the Hide since Sept 2011 so you should have seen this warning posted before. Vortex goes over and above trying to take care of those who are serving in the military, or have served, and I thank them for recognizing our service. Please abide by their wishes.

Well that is an assumption and an incorrect one at that! I may have been on the Hide for a long time but I have NEVER.....EVER.....seen a "Warning" about any such thing.

Every company that offers a law enforcement / military discount tells you not to disclose the prices. Why start an argument? Just say, "sorry, I screwed up and delete your post." No harm, no foul.

Well that is an assumption and an incorrect one at that! I may have been on the Hide for a long time but I have NEVER.....EVER.....seen a "Warning" about any such thing.

You're right, I did assume. I may have incorrectly assumed that since you had been a member for some time, longer than myself, you had seen the same posts I had that mentioned members were not to discuss the amount of the Vortex discount, it has been asked in the past. It has never been posted as a "Warning", just a friendly reply of "you need to contact Vortex" when people ask what the discount is.