• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Optics Strike Eagle 1-6 RFI

black06

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2012
Doing an upgrade of the 10-22 my Dad bought me.

Has anyone mounted one on a 10-22 or have feedback?

Current state of upgrade. Decided on a Kidd rail.

IMG_1139A.jpg

Wanted something that could shoot quickly at 1x yet give me magnification to shoot at 100+ yards.

Thanks in advance.

I think it all depends on what you're intending to shoot at 100+ yards. I might opt for at least the Strike Eagle 1-8x if you're set on going that direction.

Ben

Thank you Ben. Might try silhouette steel or just plink. I spoke to Vortex Optics last week. The rep recommended the 1-6 over the 1-8 for clarity. For the price range I'm trying to stay in it probably offers more value.

Have you shot a 1-8 Strike Eagle?

The 1-6x at 6x is quite clear. I have one on my AR and like it on there for out to 300

Thanks gents. The Vortex rep was clearly trying to steer me to the 1-6 over the 1-8, even though I'd like the 8x.

Reactions: SethJ
hmmm that's interesting cause I would consider one of those for an AR too. I was thinking 1-8 also. Can there be that much of a difference?

I got the impression he was recommending the 1-6 over the 1-8 BUT I did tell him it was for a 10-22 and not an AR. It may be worth the extra $ to get the 1-8. I am leaning towards the 1-8.

Well, the 1-8 wasn't around when I got my 1-6, so I'm interested to find out how they really perform.

Spoke with Travis Boran of Vortex regarding the Strike Eagle. Travis advised the 1-8 would be fine but cautioned me about parallax issues when shooting "close", as in 25 yards. I asked where the scope was made and was told China. Travis advised they quality has not been an issue. The scope is currently backordered approximately 2-6 weeks. I'll be placing my order next week for a 1-8.

I also noticed the 1-8 has a nice dot in the middle of the reticle for precise shots at higher mag.

I have the 1-6 on a at and have been running it with no problems for a couple of years, clear glass for the price point