• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Pro series 30mm Rings

enichols

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2010
Southern CA
Hi All,
I am looking for firsthand user feedback on the following rings:

Are these rings any good? I am thinking of using them on a Tango4 6-24x50 that is going on a .223 bolt rifle.

Thanks!

All kidding aside, I don't have any practical experience beyond fingering them at SHOT show but I liked them, the fit and finish was good and I'd have no problem trusting them on a rifle. I think $90 is a little outrageous for them though, especially when Amazon has them for $65 with Prime shipping and both Bass Pro Shops and Brownells are at $60.

Just bought a set a few weeks ago. The quality seemed to be good for the price. I got my set off of Amazon. For what its worth, they are made from 6061 Aluminum per an email from Vortex. The Vortex PMR & Seekins are made from 7075 Aluminum. They are mounted on a 30-06 and seem to be holding up just fine. At $60 I would buy again if I didn't want to spend the money for a premium set of rings.

I have a couple sets in 30mm. They are nice and lightweight, but on both sets, the ring caps seem to contact the bottoms, whereas I'm used to seeing a bit of a gap. This may be fine, but in my mind, it may not hold as well as my PMR rings. (None of the 'pro series' rings are on heavy recoiling guns)

Thanks for the input so far, fellas. I am thinking to pick up a set from Brownells when they have a 10% off and Free Shipping coupon.