• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST 6-24x50 Mil reticle scope arrived today

Cbmax

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2010
New Jersey
Hi All,

I just received this scope from Liberty Optics tonight.

I looked through the scope and noticed that it says "EBR-1 Mrad" just above the horizontal cross hair and "24X" below the cross hair on the left side. Is this for real? I am guessing this is permanent. So far this is the only thing I am not thrilled with.

I did play with the turrets. I don't think they will move unexpectedly. They do not have a real clear click sound, but for the price of this scope, I am happy with the turrets.

The magnification ring is stiff but easily stops at the marked 6, 8, 12 and 24X. I like the way Vortex marked the magnification ring so the numbers can be seen directly behind the scope.

The reticle itself seems clear and easy to read. Not to thick. I haven't tried the illumination yet. I am putting this scope on a Savage 22-250 LRPV rifle. I have a Ken Farrell 20 MOA base and medium low rings ready to go.

Anybody else who has this scope, please comment on reticle markings.

I will post further comments and pics once I get the scope mounted.

CB

Re: Vortex PST 6-24x50 Mil reticle scope arrived today

Yes, they all have them. I guess this is one more mark in the FFP column--it goes away as soon as you turn the power up a bit.
wink.gif

I have a 4-16 FFP mil and the turrets on it are actually as good as any turrets I have owned personally. (To be honest though, I have never had issues with any turrets on any scope, seems a pretty easy thing not to fuck up really).

Glass is great (not that the glass on a $300 Leupy prevents me from hitting a target), I like the reticle a lot, easy to read and not too busy, fit and finish is excellent (a Vortex theme IMO) overall, I was expecting a lot from Vortex given my history with them and they more than exceeded them.

I couldnt be happier. They delivered a ton of optic for a great price. I love Schmidt and Bender, but I can no longer justify the price. If I had unlimited funds I would keep on buying them but when I can get more performance than I need for well under $1K, I am spending that money on ammo and other platforms

Thanks Vortex. Keep it up.

Forgot to say that mine is a SFP model. Hope the markings aren't distracting when I actually use the scope!

CB

Is the eye relief finicky at 24x with the SFP?

Yeah I am impressed with the turrets too.
I just posted some pics of my 4-16 PST replacement I received yesterday if it's pics you want. They are here...

Not a 6-24 PST but close

Hmmm. that's kinda funny, I have the FFP model 6x24 MOA, it been to the range and back and I never even noticed the reticle markings, but of course I'm not one to pick apart something just to find something wrong with it, great scope for the money

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DuaneC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm. that's kinda funny, I have the FFP model 6x24 MOA, it been to the range and back and I never even noticed the reticle markings, but of course I'm not one to pick apart something just to find something wrong with it, great scope for the money </div></div>

You wont notice it unless you are are on almost the minimum magnification with the FFP. As soon as you start zooming up it goes out of the FOV.

Hi,

Well I just brought my Savage rifle with the scope, rings and a tactical fore end rail to attach a bipod to my gunsmith. The action is going to get glass bedded.

Here is the bad part. After just receiving the scope, I am looking at 4 to 6 weeks for everything to come back. So a new waiting period is now in place.

Oh well, as long as it is done by early spring!

CB

I just went and looked for the reticle markings. I powered down to minimum and there it was! All the way off to the left off the fat part of the reticle.

EBR-1
MRAD

How this would interfere with anything is way beyond me. I really had to go and look for it. Even after I found it, it was of no consequence to me anyway.

To each his own I guess.

Thanks for the post. Most do not have an issues with the tiny reticle markings, but to each their own. Thanks for being our customer. The feedback on the PSTs has been overwhelmingly positive to date.

Scott

Scott,

You are a pleasure to deal with. I am going to be switching out the scope on my .308. I am thinking very hard about the Razor HD 5-20. Can't decide which reticle. Leaning towards the EBR-2A!

CB

Mine is really fincky at 24x

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jake_c02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is really fincky at 24x </div></div>

Please explain...

The eye relief is fine at 6x I get clear good picture but as go up to 24x I lose it. My head has to positioned perfecly any slight movement and the picture is gone.

Interesting.....thanks for the feedback.

I'm heavy in the market for a new scope, and leaning towards trying the PST....but I keep going other directions.

No problem it could just be my scope or my eyes no one else seems to have that problem.

When you divide the 50mm objective by 24 (as in the power) you cut the amount the eye gets to about 2 mm.

That's not a very large area to align your eyeball with, which is why I got the 16x.

I think the most your eye can use is about 4mm if memory serves so think at 24x you are getting half of what your eye can use. It's more a matter of physics than the brand of scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jake_c02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The eye relief is fine at 6x I get clear good picture but as go up to 24x I lose it. My head has to positioned perfecly any slight movement and the picture is gone. </div></div>

Do you have an adjustable cheek piece? I have one and when it is adjusted correctly your eye automatically goes to the center of the lens which keeps you from looking through the side of the scope.

40gt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jake_c02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The eye relief is fine at 6x I get clear good picture but as go up to 24x I lose it. My head has to positioned perfecly any slight movement and the picture is gone. </div></div>

Do you have an adjustable cheek piece? I have one and when it is adjusted correctly your eye automatically goes to the center of the lens which keeps you from looking through the side of the scope.

40gt </div></div>
No I do not have a check piece, but that is something I might look into. I could definitely see it helping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jake_c02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The eye relief is fine at 6x I get clear good picture but as go up to 24x I lose it. My head has to positioned perfecly any slight movement and the picture is gone. </div></div>

The PST's are fairly forgiving on eye position. You should be able to get your gun set up and scope mounted so you can have a comfortable consistent cheekweld with proper eye relief.

The higher you go on the magnification the smaller the exit pupil will be. As you go up in power the more critical eye placement will be as it will be on any scope.

If you have any questions or concerns you can call or pm me anytime.

Scott