• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes vortex pst ffp

pistolpacknpete

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2012
hey guys im new to the forum. ive been here a million times poking around but have never joined. I need your help i have been doing some tactical shooting with a savage 10fp in .223 shooting a 75 grain bthp and doing pretty good. ive been working on my remington 700 in 308 for about six months now and im ready for an optic, im on a budget so i decided to go with a vortex pst 6x24x50 FFP and i cannot find any in stock! optics planet has a two week back order. and i dont really want to wait. theres a match coming up i march and im ready to start working on a load and gathering data. so does anyone know where i can find one of these in stock or should i go ahead and order from optics planet? if i place my order now they will give me a discount for waiting.

Re: vortex pst ffp

Two weeks is not to bad of a wait based on current demand. I wsa faced with the same dilema recently and realized I was wasting days shopping for an in stock PST. Go ahead and place the order. great optic and worth the wait. You give Doug at CameraLand a shout and see what he has first. Good Luck.

Try SWFA. They had some in stock last week.

Optics planet has good prices, but they are suspect when it comes to "backorder" timelines.

Primary Arms has the MOA reticle in stock now. I got a MIL a week or two ago, not sure what their wait time is. You might want to check with them.

I ordered one from Bear Basin about a month ago and was quoted 30 days for delivery. I called to get a status check yesterday and was told that Vortex was running way over their qouted delivery dates. I sit patiently, as the rifle that will sport this optic hasn't been finsihed yet. Waiting stinks.

Did you check with Scott at Liberty Optics? I thought I saw something not too long ago that said he had a few in stock, but I'm not sure if it's the model you're looking for. For what it's worth, a two week wait isn't too bad in my opinion, I waited nearly 6 months for my PST...

> Optics planet has good prices, but they are suspect when it comes to "backorder" timelines.

suspect adjective
open to or under suspicion.

I'd be happy to share with anyone, any delivery date from any product from any manufacturer that is not currently in stock. fdkay, I'm not quite sure what you are implying, but we can only pass along the restocking dates that the manufacturers and distributors provide.

Mark H.

Oh noes! A 2 week wait? Here in Canada it's more like 2 months! And as far as a discount is concerned; good luck! These scopes sell at lightning speed and you want a discount for a 2 week wait? Sorry but dealers are not usually that acommodating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ksmith13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Primary Arms has the MOA reticle in stock now. I got a MIL a week or two ago, not sure what their wait time is. You might want to check with them. </div></div>

Our inventory is real time so when our web site shows it in stock we have it. We also have plenty in the que with Voretx. If we don't see the one you want shoot me a email.

Marshall

LINK TO CURRENT INVENTORY

High demand makes these suckers hard to find. On my second one the wait was 2-3 weeks which actually turned into 10 weeks IIRC. I will throw in Jay at Sportoptics.com as a great choice to buy from. Both of mine came from him when nobody else had them.

Be vigilant in the classifieds too. They pop up from time to time but sell quickly.

thanks for all the help guys! i am looking for one now as we speak. i will let you know when i get mine and where i got it

Camerland.... I ordered mine from them after I was directed there by Vortex directly after I called them... They made a little subtle hint that Camerland was the best place to order as they were the biggest Vortex dealer and they had some one order. If you're still up in the air on where to order, just call Vortex and ask them who might have them in stock. The PST is an OUTSTANDING optic for the price. Just find the right dealer and get the order placed.

S.O.B i just read a thread debating moa/moa vs mil/mil and now i cant decide! i am familiar with moa cuz thats what i started on but i like the mil ranging will i be able to range with the vortex moa reticle? ive never had to range with my scope because its sfp and i have a rangefinder or am shooting from known distances. anyone know if ill be able to range with my vortex moa reticle?

According to Vortex yes, The only true power setting that is accurate as per Vortex on the 4-16 SFP is the 16 power. Most SFP are on 10-12. If you go onto thier web site they have the information that reticle and how to range with it. If not call them like I did they will be more than glad to help.

+1 for CameralandNY. Got my order in 5 days- this was about 1.5 weeks ago. I got a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MOA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: realbass1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for CameralandNY. Got my order in 5 days- this was about 1.5 weeks ago. I got a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MOA </div></div>

on the sfp 24x pst moa or mil you can range on 24x, 12x, 8x, or 6x. the stated values are only good on 24x but on the backside of the magnification ring you will se 1x, 2x, 3x, and 4x. that tells you what to multiply the state value by to get the real value. vor instince if your measureing 10moa and your on 8x the back of the 8x says "3x" so multiply the 10moa your reading in the reticle by 3x and your measurement is 30moa.

also the sfp pst zoom ring falls into the 4 nunbers stated above.

Call jay at sportoptics.com.

I called him a couple of weeks ago for the same exact scope. Had it in stock and mailed it same day. Got it 2 days later. Great service.

I as well was waiting for opticsplanet, the email says 2 weeks but the web site sys 1-2 months.

Call jay!

Another vote for Jay and Chris at sport optics. Great guys and I believe they have a bunch in stock.

+1 for Jay and Chris at
sport optics. ordered a sfp from them on Thursday and it is scheduled to deliver Monday. great prices for hide members

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midkansasguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> if i place my order now they will give me a discount for waiting. </div></div>

realy... thats funny...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Waiting stinks. </div></div>

+1... but in some cases you can spend more and wait less.... impatience costs $$$ from my experiances.