• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex pst gen 2! What am I doing wrong?

smokinbobf4

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
So we had two pst 2 5-25 out tonight, both brand new and never have used one before. I figured the zero stop worked like most I have used but quickly found out that they don’t. So I read the instructions and it says to turn the turret all the way down, remove the cap, loosen the lock screws and then sight in your gun. Once sighted in, tighten back up and throw the turret cover on. I did this on both scopes and for some reason neither scopes have a hard stop. I am almost sure that when I watched videos about it they all have a hard stop. It feels more like my nf shv zero set where you can feel it tighten and then stop slowly if that makes sense. I feel also that I am just doing something wrong that is very simple but can’t figure it out for the life of me. Apparently I am slower than most and need a pointer or two. Thanks in advance!

Seems like you are doing it right. Lets start over. Make sure inside set screws are tight. Put on turret cap and tighten set screws as well. Turn clockwise until you get to a hard stop. Loosen turret setscrews and remove turret. Loosen inside set screws and site in your rifle using inside turret. Once zeroed, tighten set screws. Put turret cap on aligning the “0”. Tighten turret set screws.

I made the mistake of zeroing my first pst gen2 without loosening the turret and then loosened the turret to put it back on zero. Totally threw it out of sync and I had to call vortex to get instructions on how to reset the turret. It worked, but I’m very careful to follow the instructions now. You may be doing something wrong without knowing it, or you may have thrown it out of sync, which means it will never be right until you reset the turret

I actually watched that video and thought that it wouldn’t work, but I tried it and it did. So anyone else who has that problem, just do what it says and problem solved. Thanks!

Reactions: Garandman85