• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST Gen II 1-6x Question

S3th

Indecisive
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2018
Greensboro NC
I received my optic today and quickly mounted it. Before inserting the battery, the illumination housing was completely flush with the base. After inserting the battery I cannot get it flush and if I go any tighter/deeper than where I have it now the illumination will not work. Can someone clarify with their scope if this is normal or not? Vortex is closed for the weekend :)

Photo Dec 01, 9 59 10 PM.jpg

I received my optic today and quickly mounted it. Before inserting the battery, the illumination housing was completely flush with the base. After inserting the battery I cannot get it flush and if I go any tighter/deeper than where I have it now the illumination will not work. Can someone clarify with their scope if this is normal or not? Vortex is closed for the weekend :)

View attachment 6979287

Yeah you’re fine. The battery will take up that space and presses against an O ring that will make the cap sit just proud as well as serve to seal it against elements

I had the same problem with mine, if I tightened it too much the illumination wouldn't work. Backed it off a little bit and have put a few hundred rounds with it that way and no problems.

Reactions: Zack_va248
I had the same problem with mine, if I tightened it too much the illumination wouldn't work. Backed it off a little bit and have put a few hundred rounds with it that way and no problems.
Vortex ended up saying this was normal. No worries!