• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST Help Needed

DZelenka

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2011
Louisiana
Does anyone have a suggestion for mounting a level where it can be seen. The position of the reticle illumination switch creates a problem with most scope tube levels. Open to suggestions re brand and position.

Thanks

Dan

I looked at some pics that I had on my phone when I mounted the scope,but the pics are not that great and the only thing you can see is the back of the scope.

From being at the range,if I open my left eye while looking through the scope with my right,Im pretty sure I can see the level. Want me to snap a pic of it tonight when I get home?

I've got one that mounts on top of the tube and I don't have any trouble seeing it but I do have to lift my head up off of the stock. I'm going to get one that mounts to the side so I don't have to break my cheek weld.

I looked at some pics that I had on my phone when I mounted the scope,but the pics are not that great and the only thing you can see is the back of the scope.

From being at the range,if I open my left eye while looking through the scope with my right,Im pretty sure I can see the level. Want me to snap a pic of it tonight when I get home?

That would be great. Thank you.

Mount mine to the picatinny rail. B-square makes a removable unit. You should level the rifle and then align it with a level marker such as a row of bricks in a building and level the scope. Anti-cant indicators aren't much good if the scope and bore aren't aligned.

I also have the Vortex level mounted in front of the front ring. It is EASY to see, just open my left eye.

I made sure that I had a good cheek weld and looked down the scope,opened my left eye. BAM,its right there in plain view. Nothing obscures it,and its easy to read.

The pics are about the jist of what I saw with my left eye open.

Also just noticed that I left the reticle on. Damnit.

Attachments

• scope 1.jpg
    scope 1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 13
  • scope 2.jpg
    scope 2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 19
There's also a number of different levels that mount to the piccatiny rail.

I don't think that I've enough clearance between my scope and rail to put it on the rail. That's where I would like to have it but the Vortex looks doable. Good thread.

I mounted a vortex level in front of the front ring. If I have both eyes open it appears as if the level is in the top right area of the lens. Pretty cool effect. I am going to go shoot tomorrow and see how I like it.

Thanks everyone.

Dan

Glad it worked out for ya.

Just to clear some things up. The Vortex bubble level does have some meet to it. Im running a EGW 20-MOA base and Vortex Low rings. I have a very small sliver of daylight between the bubble level and the base. So unless your running ultra low rings,you should be fine.

Glad it worked out for ya.

Just to clear some things up. The Vortex bubble level does have some meet to it. Im running a EGW 20-MOA base and Vortex Low rings. I have a very small sliver of daylight between the bubble level and the base. So unless your running ultra low rings,you should be fine.

I am running Seekins low rings and the Vortex level does not fit between the rings and the base. I mounted it on the tube in front of the base.