• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST VS Hubble space scope

Topstrap

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
East side of Ohio
I think this is about the only scope left that someone isn't trying to compare it to.

I think the Vortex might be easier to lug around but might not hold up as good when hit with a meteor. But it would be easier for an alien ship to steal. I'm pretty sure it will be easier to see the coriolis effect better. Not real sure how it will see Spin drift though.

Now I'm second guessing getting my PST ......

NOT

Topstrap

Re: Vortex PST VS Hubble space scope

It takes forever to get warranty work on the Hubble and the cs sucks

BUT, the repairs are usually straight forward and can be done with a hand driver...

Yeah, but I'll bet the tracking on the Hubble is far superior.

whatever dude, i shoot bug holes ALL DAY LONG with my Hubble. sure its a little big and I have a hard time focusing inside 50yds, but its a quality piece of kit.

I mean, you cant even see Abell 2218 with the PST. what a POS.

My experience is that the hubble had a cloudy spot on the lens/mirror, and it took a crew of 7 a year to travel a couple thousand miles to come out and fix it in zero gravity on a warranty claim.

I don't know how that compared to Vortex's warranty service...

Crap....see, now you guys got me second guessing my PST order!

WTF....

Does Hubble come with a bikini cover?

The other advantage of the Hubble is that you could make some REALLY long range shots in zero gravity. The downside is you would have to wait days until you could score your shot on a piece of steel on Mars. And the bonus is you could use the NASA computers to run your JBM calcs.

Vortex vs Hubble Telescope ROTFL hahahahaha

I really wonder what might be next in the vs line for the vortex scopes hahahahaha maybe this is...............

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UcTLJ692F70"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UcTLJ692F70" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Notso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other advantage of the Hubble is that you could make some REALLY long range shots in zero gravity. The downside is you would have to wait days until you could score your shot on a piece of steel on Mars. And the bonus is you could use the NASA computers to run your JBM calcs. </div></div>

right! you think calculating for spindrift and coriolis effect sounds cool, wait till you get to calculate orbital speed, planetary rotation and gravitational pull and deflection into your shot. . . NASA, the ultimate LR shooters club.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Notso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other advantage of the Hubble is that you could make some REALLY long range shots in zero gravity. The downside is you would have to wait days until you could score your shot on a piece of steel on Mars. And the bonus is you could use the NASA computers to run your JBM calcs. </div></div>

right! you think calculating for spindrift and coriolis effect sounds cool, wait till you get to calculate orbital speed, planetary rotation and gravitational pull and deflection into your shot. . . NASA, the ultimate LR shooters club.</div></div>

Where can I join this said NASA Club you speak of?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sherman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Hubble come with a bikini cover? </div></div>

No, but for reference: BC flip-up caps for hubble:

Eye: 320a
Obj: 4,984

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: afd77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sherman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Hubble come with a bikini cover? </div></div>

Obj: 4,984 </div></div>
ROTFL!!

Damn, I ALMOST started this exact same post last night, I was thinking the same thing, its amazing that even as a future PST owner I also get annoyed with all the comparisons...ah well thats what the internet's for I guess.

Anyone have a good glass comparison? I know the Hubble glass is hand-ground and polished, is the PST on par?

lsts_0001_0001_0_img0028.jpg
vs
DSC00404.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: afd77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sherman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does Hubble come with a bikini cover? </div></div>

Obj: 4,984 </div></div>

Ha ha, thanks!

Not to ask a stupid question but is that Hubble scope a FFP?
Mil/Mil, or Moa/Moa?
Parallax adjustable to 10 million light years?

USACS,

You forgot to also ask what rings to get for your Hubble, and if it can zero at 1k yards if you put it on a .223 rifle.

Any ideas on how to make the hubble lighter, you know for when I am in the field snipering it up

But the hubble doesn't include a sunshade. Wait, wrong scope.

dude, dont even consider the hubble. that turd doesn't even come with a zero stop. and i hate how fast the illumination goes through batteries.

What size rings does a Hubble take and do you mount the Hubble on the rifle or the rifle on the Hubble?

I'd prefer the Hubble on the rifle so I can still use my red dot for close in work,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyrolater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What size rings does a Hubble take and do you mount the Hubble on the rifle or the rifle on the Hubble?

I'd prefer the Hubble on the rifle so I can still use my red dot for close in work, </div></div>
I'd suggest a 308. WIN for use with the hubble. Please note, that's a 308. win not a .308 win. There is a <span style="font-style: italic">slight</span> difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kalman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyrolater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What size rings does a Hubble take and do you mount the Hubble on the rifle or the rifle on the Hubble?

I'd prefer the Hubble on the rifle so I can still use my red dot for close in work, </div></div>
I'd suggest a 308. WIN for use with the hubble. Please note, that's a 308. win not a .308 win. There is a <span style="font-style: italic">slight</span> difference.</div></div>

Talk about a alien invasion
laugh.gif
I think that will come in handy to be mounted on the US Shuttle
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kalman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyrolater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What size rings does a Hubble take and do you mount the Hubble on the rifle or the rifle on the Hubble?

I'd suggest a 308. WIN for use with the hubble. Please note, that's a 308. win not a .308 win. There is a <span style="font-style: italic">slight</span> difference.</div></div>

Talk about a alien invasion
laugh.gif
I think that will come in handy to be mounted on the US Shuttle
laugh.gif
</div></div>
Sounds nice, but that's just a pipe dream. The space shuttle could never handle the recoil.

If I had a big enough back yard, I wouldn't mind trying out a Mil/Mil Hubble with that new Quantum reticle on this:

pg.jpg

Looks like you'd need 4200mm rings...think Seekins or Badger could handle makin' a few sets of those? LOL!

what reticle is in the hubble? if its not a horus vision its crap. And does the hubble have zero stops? are 30 dollar rings just as good for the hubble as 130 dollar ones?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: terrance250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the Hubble SFP, or FFP? </div></div>

BOTH!!!!!!!!

I believe it has a reticle in the FFP that you view through the SFP and that puts you in the 3RDFP?? So that's how you get the awesome 3D images. But you have to use the special "Outta-the-anium-unobtanium" coated glasses to utilize the full potential of this optic.

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WYcoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to ask a stupid question but is that Hubble scope a FFP?
Mil/Mil, or Moa/Moa?
Parallax adjustable to 10 million light years? </div></div>

The parallax is adjustable from 500 km to a few years after the big bang.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waynea_91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe it has a reticle in the FFP that you view through the SFP and that puts you in the 3RDFP?? So that's how you get the awesome 3D images. But you have to use the special "Outta-the-anium-unobtanium" coated glasses to utilize the full potential of this optic.

Wayne </div></div>

Isn't that already being used or at least listed on the label on the Counter Sniper line?

Topstrap

Mount one near a nude beach
laugh.gif
Imagine the view being its a 3RDFP scope and capable of 3D imagining
laugh.gif
hehehe

Just some useless trivia but the lens in the hubble were made by Swarovski and are the only pieces in the telescope expected to survive reentry into the atmosphere.

I loved my Hubble and I think anyone who complains about the weight of a quality optic should just hit the gym a few times.

That said, I had to have someone sent out to look at it (three years ago) due to what I felt like was poor battery life for the price I paid on it. Last week they got back to me, and said that's the normal battery life for the 1st Gen Hubbles. I'm going to pick up a Viper PST within a month or so.

I am just too freakin tired to drag that Hubble part of my kit around anywhere anymore. My back hurts, my legs hurt, my arms hurt, and the cost of upkeep is killing my reloading bench.

PST would have been the route for me to go next... but I am going the SWFA route.

DK