• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor feedback

dk-1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2007
Central, Ca.
Now that the "new" has rubbed off, those of you with Vortex Razor's (5-20) please chime in. Are you still happy with them? How are they holding up? Customer service still great? Scopes still tracking true? Glass on par with the price tag? I'm going to be picking up a scope in the $2000+ range for my soon to be complete 260 build and the Razor is on my short list.

Re: Vortex Razor feedback

I really love my razor. Tracks true, glass is fantastic and love the reticle. No regrets here at all. I even still like the 5mil rev for that matter. Not a biggie on a flat cartridge. My .02 anyhow.

I bought one and once I got it and started load development at 300yards, I didnt like it very much do the thickness of the cross hairs and was not able to get the precision that I can from a sfp scope. I was worried that at long range IE 1000+ the reticle would cover the target. Since that point I have shot long range and have lost the fear that the reticle would cover the target. I am shooting a 10" plate at 1475 about every other night. I went from thinking I would love them, this was do to the looks and the reviews the scope has, then to hating and looking at trading it in, back to liking it very much. I am 100% happy with my purchase and might be trading some nightforce BR's in to fund another 1 or 2 of these.

Hope that helps

Funny how everyone wanted the EBR-2B(bold) reticle.

Now, everyone wants the EBR-2 because bold means thicker.

I love my Razor with EBR-2 reticle. It has performed flawless thus far.

New to the Vortex, have a Leupold on a NM M1A, and not a whole lot of experience w/others, but it's a great scope.

Mine is not the EBR-2B just a plain EBR-2. The 2b would be quicker to get on target at the short ranges but at the longer ranges I would image it would cover to much for my liking. That is why I went with the EBR-2.

I have 2 of these with the EBR-2 reticle and love them. I really like the open center on the reticle.

I had a problem on one scope with the battery draining over a short period of time with the illumination turned off. Vortex fixed me right away. This was one of the early scopes and they upgraded the eyepiece with better eye box for no charge. You can't beat Vortex customer service.

I have the EBR2B and I love it. I have not shot much past 550 yards with my 260 = still developing a load I like.
Coming from the AR platform and 3gun, The detail in the 5-20 is amazing. My favorite part is watching the bullet hit the target in great detail.
Before my 260 was built I spent some time with it mounted on a non barreled action in my JP stock. I glassed buildings from an hill top and was able to define porch lights on buildings 1400 yards away.
The Biggest problem with the Razor Glass is being happy with your other scopes after you look through the Vortex glass.

I am very happy to ware a Vortex flag on my shirts.
I shoot the Razor glass on all my 3 gun rifles.
Jamie

You'll love the razor and vortex's customer service, its is absolutely second to none!

I've had mine for a while, love it. No problems , would buy it again if I had the choice.

Love it. Want to send it in at some point for 10 mil/rev turrets and change to ERB-2B (the .2 mil holdoff dots on the ERB-2 are too fine to be of any practical use, at least for my eyes -- look forward to being able to use them with the ERB-2B).

love it... had the 5mils swapped for the 10mil, took 4 days... had them do a full check on the scope while it was in as well..

i have it on a 40moa mount, and can dial to 2000y... got to love that...

I have been competing competitively in Tactical Comps for just over 2 yrs now. Have worked up to owning 2 Razors in EBR-2B. They have served me well as far as tracking, glass, etc. IMHO the 2B is just fine. Has an open center reticle for tiny objects. But everyone's preference is different.

I like mine. I have the 5 mil turrets and the eyebox upgrade with EBR-2. My only gripe is that the battery drains quickly even when it's turned off. I had Vortex check this when it was back for the eyepiece upgrade and they added some rubber insulation to the cap, but it doesn't seem to have improved. Otherwise the scope is great, tracks well, clicks are very positive, glass is very good, and tihe zero stop is like running into a brick wall. It feels like you could play baseball with it. I would buy another.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: murphystrut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'll love the razor and vortex's customer service, its is absolutely second to none!</div></div>

+1. They were great when ordering my scope from them and when I needed to have my Razor serviced. I own two of them and they have my strongest recommendation.