• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor Gen2 Reticle Upgrade?????

Jericho941

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Springfield, MO.
So, I have an EBR2c reticle in my Razor Gen2. Yesterday I went to a store in a nearby town and looked through a Razor gen2 with an EBR7c. It reminded me of the ONLY feature I miss from my long ago sold IOR, the MP-8 reticle. The floating dot is ridiculously amazing to me, and since Vortex now sells one in there Razor Gen2, I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of Vortex doing a reticle upgrade for Gen2s?

I can't really justify selling my EBR2c scope for an EBR7c and taking a substantial loss; but sending it in for an upgrade may be feasible.

I would be interested in this as well. As high as the resale is on these, if Vortex does not upgrade reticles, I would imagine you can sell yours and buy the new one with the desired reticle for about a $300 delta.

They used too but I asked them earlier this year and they said nope. Wouldn't hurt to call them and see

I have started threads about this and called repeatedly.... I would send in 6 scopes today and pay a couple hundred each to have them swapped!!!

They wont do it!!

You have to build the scope first to know how to take it apart and replace the reticle

OP you may want to change the thread title to “Vortex Razor Gen 2 Reticle Downgrade”. ?

Im like you and like the 7c reticle better but a lot of people prefer the 2c. I would see if someone wants to swap.

I just got a razor gen2 in H59, but now I think I should’ve got a Tremor3 for my 21.5” gen1 N6.
But I do have a PST gen2 in EBR-7C on my Tikka and I like it better than the older EBR reticles. (I prefer the center dot than cross hairs)

You have to build the scope first to know how to take it apart and replace the reticle

Ignorant reply of the week award winner goes to.....

And OP as mentioned they do not swap out last I heard but you can do as others have mentioned and sell and buy a 7C or even see if someone wanted to swap straight up.