• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor guys

TexasOutlaw

Private
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2011
Texas
I'm looking to buy a Razor HD if yall can give me your input about the scope pros-cons, how good is the glass, how do they compare to other quality scopes. This will be my first tactical scope purchase. The scope will mount to a Remington SPS Varmint in a Manners stock so I want some good glass. Thanks in advance.

Re: Vortex Razor guys

Search is your friend as it has been covered extensively but my take on it is I have 2 5-20x50s, 1 ebr2b and 1 ebr3 as well as the spotting scope. I would buy more if the pocketbook would allow.

I have been running Razor HD on my comp guns for 2yrs now with ARC rings and had good luck with them.

My scopes are Razor HD Mil/Mil EBR-2B reticle.

I feel the glass is on par with NF.
Had no major function issues with them.
Track very well.
Like the open cross hair in the EBR-2B
Nice large Turrets clearly marked and the tick marks are not cluttered close together. Also line up well.
Like the ability to perfectly zero on the verticle and not have to float zero between mil clicks.
Clicks are nice and crisp.
They are now offering 10mil turrets. Although I never thought it was essential with the way Vortex marked the turrets.
One of the best customer services in the business.

Cons/Issues/Wishes
Have had the zero stop to release on me before. So make sure you tighten it good and even amount on each set screw.
Had a little trouble with the Ill. Reticle Knob. Reticle wouldn't turn on. Vortex quickly fixed the issue and had scope back ASAP.
Wish they would offer it in 25x.

These are just my opinion and others may differ from me.

Hope this helps.
Greene

Love em, have three will have more. I also have s&b's and I still love my razors so it isn't cuz I haven't tried other stuff. They are awesome scopes for the money.

Every time I see these threads, it brings me closer to selling a kidney and my PST to get one. Vortex is a great company, buy with confidence.

Thanks for the input guys looks like that is what I'm gonna go with.

I have the ebr2b love it
Glass on par with night force
Never had any problems

I've had mine for about 2 years. Its has the ebr1 crosshair and the moa turrents. Love the scope and would buy another one. It is a big scope but you get used to it, the glass is good and the turrents track very well. I have had no issues with the scope and highly recommend them.

Love mine, best bang for the buck. Will be getting another for my 300wm. I have the ebr2 model and find the windage " dots" to be a little to small. Will definitely be getting the ebr2b model next.

Just to throw my $.02 in.

I recently mounted one on my rifle and have used it at two long range sessions and am in LOVE with it. Granted, it's only been two times and I haven't used it in a comp yet however I can reiterate most of the positives Greene said.

What yalls take on the new 10 MILs per revolution vs 5 MILs good or bad.

I've never understood the whole argument that 10 mils are so important. After all, every scope with <10 mils of revolution always has some indicator of what revolution you're on-a horizontal line. So one glance will tell you what revolution you're on. Plus you throw a zero stop into the mix and now there really is no need for a 10 mil.

Now with that being said between the two which do you buy? The 10 if it's not more expensive. Convenience is one thing, necessity is another.

I think I may go with the 5 MIL just because I don't have 1000 yards to shoot ( furthest is 600 ) also I like the spacing between clicks but then again to have the convenance of 10 MIL would be nice for that just in case. I think both ae the same price tho.

Have to go with mike on this one.

But if you get one and want to go to 10mil then it can be upgraded by Vortex to 10 mil for a small fee. Talked to them a while back about it.

Also the current 5 mil turrets have the next rev numbers printed just above the existing numbers. Picture below kinda shows what I am talking about.

DSC_0614.jpg

Greene, Thanks for the picture bud I'll probably go 5 MIL thne knowing that information. By the way great looking rifle!

Thanks man. Btw reason I mention the 5 mil versions is you can watch the classifieds and pick up a used one and save a few $.

If your looking at new contact Bluegrass Tactical here on the Hide and see if he can help you out.

Hope it helps.

I've had the ebr2B for about a year now. I couldn't post one negative comment. It has worked flawless for me out to 1000. I would buy with complete confidence!