• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Vortex Razor HD 20-60

Jcasa

Private
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2010
I am in the process of fence sitting on getting a new scope and am at a crossroads between angled and straight bodied. What are your guys's experience and why. I appreciate it. Also it is my first time posting after a long time lurkning. Thanks in advance

Re: Vortex Razor HD 20-60

Tough decision for sure. I bought a straight and it's fine but I feel that after having used it extensively the angled would be my preference due to less movement to view through the eye piece except for glassing game from a seated or standing position.

This is purely my personal preference and others may state other wise which is fine too.

I have been leaning toward the straight as well for faster target/sight aquisition but wanted to see whether or not people have had one and in hindsight would have chosen the other. I do a lot of prone shooting and most of the spotting I would be doing will be from a prone or seated in a vehicle so I figured I would ask for opinion based on experience. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jcasa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been leaning toward the straight as well for faster target/sight aquisition but wanted to see whether or not people have had one and in hindsight would have chosen the other. I do a lot of prone shooting and most of the spotting I would be doing will be from a prone or seated in a vehicle so I figured I would ask for opinion based on experience. Thanks. </div></div>

if you are prone say the angle that much more.

Look what the HP shooters use.

I just picked up the Vortex Razor HD 20 - 60, along with manfrotto 190xb legs and a 322RC joystick head and a 128RC fluid head and 329 window pod.

If you want near alpha glass for half the money, look no further. You will not be disappointed. Great scope, and a warranty second to none.

I went with the angled version for the following reasons:

1. It generally allows for a lower tripod height, which in turn equates into a steadier hold - less wobble.

2. Angled once set up is easier for multiple people to view through it without adjusting height. The individual just bends at the waist to look such as if you and a buddy are at the range taking turns spotting, or your in the back yard with your family looking at the stars or whatever.

3. I find that the angled works better on a window mount in my truck. The vortex has a ring that allows the scope to rotate to adjust the angled eye piece to your liking, where as with a straight scope you have to get right behind it. Personal preference here.

4. Angled allows you to set up either on top of the bench next to you or on a tripod next to you, so you can shoot and look through your scope without alot of extra movement. Again, my personal preference.

5. I don't think the straight version of the Razor is out yet, or widely available? It wasn't when I pulled the trigger.