• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor HD EBR-2 reticle. Professional help

ledmach11969

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2009
Ardmore, OK
I need help from someone who has experience using the Vortex Razor HD.

Okay can someone please explain to me how to read a Vortex Razor HD with EBR-2 reticle.

Or does anyone knows of some type of ballistic software, where I can input the "CLICK" value of the Vortex Razor scope and just input the distance and clicks and shoot target?

I have been looking around for videos in youtube or post about how to do this, right. I know is going to take some hands on training and couple of rounds to get this going. But for the mean while I could use any information, while I get the knowledge to do it right.

Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Vortex Razor HD EBR-2 reticle. Professional help

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Delta-6-five</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need help from someone who has experience using the Vortex Razor HD. </div></div>
My experience has been great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Delta-6-five</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay can someone please explain to me how to read a Vortex Razor HD with EBR-2 reticle. </div></div>
Answered in the previous post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Delta-6-five</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or does anyone knows of some type of ballistic software, where I can input the "CLICK" value of the Vortex Razor scope and just input the distance and clicks and shoot target?
</div></div>
Ballistic FTE, Shooter, Bullet Flight, iStrelok on iPhone/iPod, Shooter on Droid - all work perfectly with this scope. You set the Elevation/Windage Units to MIL, and "Click Value" to 0.1.

You provide the distance and the weather (input). Ballistic software provides you the number of clicks to adjust elevation and windage (output) to hit that target.

iStrelok in addition can give you a picture of similar reticle with a hold-over.

Vortex has one on their website as well. Click on LRBC at the top right ofhe screen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Delta-6-five</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need help from someone who has experience using the Vortex Razor HD. </div></div>
My experience has been great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Delta-6-five</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay can someone please explain to me how to read a Vortex Razor HD with EBR-2 reticle. </div></div>
Answered in the previous post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Delta-6-five</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or does anyone knows of some type of ballistic software, where I can input the "CLICK" value of the Vortex Razor scope and just input the distance and clicks and shoot target?
</div></div>
Ballistic FTE, Shooter, Bullet Flight, iStrelok on iPhone/iPod, Shooter on Droid - all work perfectly with this scope. You set the Elevation/Windage Units to MIL, and "Click Value" to 0.1.

You provide the distance and the weather (input). Ballistic software provides you the number of clicks to adjust elevation and windage (output) to hit that target.

iStrelok in addition can give you a picture of similar reticle with a hold-over.</div></div>

Thank you, I been checking all this info online and it looks simple, Now I just got to put it to practice.

Another question...

How do you measure your scope from the rifle, for the scope height on the ballistic software? I mean the correct way, For example this (measurements from the center of the rifle barrel or on top of the barrel to the bottom of the scope or the center point of the diameter of the eye piece). COnfusing for me and easy for you guys, I bet.

Just measure from the center of your bolt to the center of your scope. This doesn't have to be exact, just close. Also google g7 ballistic program, its a free online program where you can make and print drop charts and it will output the values in clicks if desired.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohn141</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just measure from the center of your bolt to the center of your scope. This doesn't have to be exact, just close. Also google g7 ballistic program, its a free online program where you can make and print drop charts and it will output the values in clicks if desired. </div></div>

Hey BigJohn141, unfortunately is not a bolt action rifle is a DPMS 6.5Creedmoor. I know for a fact in my little experience with bolt action rifles are accurate. Thank you for the information, and for the G7 Ballistic program I will check it out.

It works on gas guns and bolt guns just the same. Just open your dust cover and measure from the center line of the bolt carrier group up to the center line of the scope tube. I am actually running a Razor on a custom built 5.56 AR but building a 6.5CM gas gun is very tempting right now. Trust me, you are going to love the Razor.

Wha kind of mount are you using for the Razor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohn141</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It works on gas guns and bolt guns just the same. Just open your dust cover and measure from the center line of the bolt carrier group up to the center line of the scope tube. I am actually running a Razor on a custom built 5.56 AR but building a 6.5CM gas gun is very tempting right now. Trust me, you are going to love the Razor.

Wha kind of mount are you using for the Razor? </div></div>

The back of my scope was equal to back of the receiver so I I popped rear takedown pins and measured from center of bcg to center of scope on my DPMS.

Why didn't I think of that... Simple yet very effective. Thanks for the tip.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohn141</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It works on gas guns and bolt guns just the same. Just open your dust cover and measure from the center line of the bolt carrier group up to the center line of the scope tube. I am actually running a Razor on a custom built 5.56 AR but building a 6.5CM gas gun is very tempting right now. Trust me, you are going to love the Razor.

Wha kind of mount are you using for the Razor? </div></div>

Im thinking of buying Badger Ordance AR riser rail, or the American Defense scope mount. I need to review them to see which one is better for the AR15 plat form. I'm looking for a good quality but not so expensive.

http://www.botachtactical.com/baorarrira.html

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/298/

Which one do you guys have or prefer?

I am running a ADM 20MOA and really like it. Easy to setup, easy to adjust rail tension, and has always returned to zero. It is a little high so you will need a adjustable cheek weld or a weld pad but it could accommodate a 56mm scope if needed. I actually bought this mount for a different scope so I had 30mm rings but had to get 35mm for the Razor. New rings run about $50 and ADM makes about every size out there.

IMG_3011.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohn141</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am running a ADM 20MOA and really like it. Easy to setup, easy to adjust rail tension, and has always returned to zero. It is a little high so you will need a adjustable cheek weld or a weld pad but it could accommodate a 56mm scope if needed. I actually bought this mount for a different scope so I had 30mm rings but had to get 35mm for the Razor. New rings run about $50 and ADM makes about every size out there.

IMG_3011.jpg
</div></div>

That's a beautiful rifle, really nice setup.