• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 56mm zero question

Zatoichi66

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 23, 2018
Hi all,

when zeroing this scope—do you use the turrets to zero, then “slip the scales” to reset zero?

or, do you pop the turrets & use an Allen wrench?

I’ve seen both online, and the owners manual says to use the Allen wrench when bore sighting. It’s on a 6.5CM, Ruger, but I would like max elevation/windage.

I know it’s a basic question; I appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Zato

2CC25315-0914-485E-AEA4-E30F90E13832.jpeg

The way I did it was loosen the Allen heads with the turrets set to zero then adjust the dial inside

I read the owner’s manual. Then I listened to the interwebnet....

I’m annoyed at myself for not following the OM.

Thanks. Wasted range trip, sort of—always fun to shoot, just was my most productive day...

I read the owner’s manual. Then I listened to the interwebnet....

I’m annoyed at myself for not following the OM.

Thanks. Wasted range trip, sort of—always fun to shoot, just was my most productive day...
Lessons learned. We all make mistakes.

You have a great scope. Make full use of it. Good luck!

Reactions: rancher5
It took me too long to figure out how to do it the first time haha. Just follow the instructions above or in the owners manual and you'll be fine. I have noticed that spinning that inner dial with the flat head does not always yield accurate adjustments, so just something to keep an eye out for.

It took me too long to figure out how to do it the first time haha. Just follow the instructions above or in the owners manual and you'll be fine. I have noticed that spinning that inner dial with the flat head does not always yield accurate adjustments, so just something to keep an eye out for.
One lesson I learned about those scopes was to retighten after each shot because recoil would move it slightly

One lesson I learned about those scopes was to retighten after each shot because recoil would move it slightly

It’s not a bad idea to just snug one up. You don’t have to tighten all three after a small adjustment. I usually don’t tighten one but some do.

And to the internal adjustments not being correct, I have heard that but every one of my scopes is right on.