• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6 Video Review

TV-PressPass

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
I've had this scope on my Tavor for a few months now, but finally got some time over the holidays to go out and and shoot a quick review.

I like it a lot more than the HAMR, which I used previously. Although I found the magnification adjustment is pretty stiff, especially in the cold.

It's a serious jump up from the 1-4 Viper PST I used to use, and I like this reticle better.

Who else has got one, and on what rifles? I saw the initial SH review a while back, but haven't heard much about the Razor 1-6 since then.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9sTU_yVU2o"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q9sTU_yVU2o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6 Video Review

MILs have nothing to do with the metric system, or metric targets...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MILs have nothing to do with the metric system, or metric targets...</div></div>

Part of why I sadly assume anything I post on sniper's hide will make me look like an idiot.

Mils don't make quick and easy sense to me the way MOA does.

I was always taught that mils are better suited to measuring in meters, while MOA is better suited to measuring in yards?

Any better pics of the reticle when illuminated at 1x, 3x and 6x?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TV-PressPass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I was always taught that mils are better suited to measuring in meters, while MOA is better suited to measuring in yards?</div></div>

You were taught wrong. Both can be used with both. I use all mil scopes and do everything in inches and yards.

I better do a search for the obvious MOA vs MilRad thread then and brush up!

I can snap some photos of the reticle, but it also makes a big difference if you watch at 1080p in full screen!

Ok watched it that way and the dot gets picked up better. Thanks.