• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor LH

762 ULTRAMAGA

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
Idaho
I'm looking for a lightweight scope for my mid range ultralight hunting rifle, and am considering the Razor LH 3-15
shots will be point blank in the timber out to Approx. 700 yards.
any reviews would be great, specifically tracking.

There are several threads on that scope here over the past 1-3 months. Search HDLH and see if they pop up. I’ve had both 3-15 models, still have a 3-15, 2-10 and 1.5-8 with G4 reticle. The glass is great, they are lightweight, reticle is personal preference but I like it for hunting. For the current prices especially, they are tough to beat. Doug at cameralandny has some good deals on scopes which compare well to these.

Reactions: 762 ULTRAMAGA
I've had a 3-15 LH for a few years, I regularly dial it out to 400 yards, and I've taken several animals in the 4-500 yard range with mine (and many more on the closer end). I've ran it to 1,100 yards on a 22" 6.5 a few times. Return to zero and tracking has been fine. Obviously the intent of this scope is a lightweight hunter, not a range gun that is constantly dialed. But for what it is, they're a great option for the price IMO.

Reactions: 762 ULTRAMAGA
I have one on my Grendel and at the time it was the best thing I could find for that niche at least on paper. Low mag for FOV but high for target shooting and accuracy. Light weight but clear glass.

I like it. It doesn't blow my mind but it did everything I expected it to do.

I'm looking for a lightweight scope for my mid range ultralight hunting rifle, and am considering the Razor LH 3-15
I have one of the 3-15 with g4 reticle. Great glass, lightweight, and seems to be mechanically sound. The turrets however, are mushy and not something id want to dial much. More of set and forget type of scope IMO. It does however seem to track just fine.

I agree that the turrets are mushy out of the box. If you run them up an down a few times they’ll feel a ton better, or at least both of mine did. Still not great.

I probaly should try that. I basically stuck on the rifle, zeroed and its been living there the last two years without much adjustment. Wish they made this scope with an exposed elevation turret. It would be worth the weight penalty.

I think Koshkin has experience with the toric. You might ask his opinion.