• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Razor reticle?

WtxShooter

Gun loving dad!
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Lubbock, TX
I was curious if anyone heard this as well, but I could have sworn I read on this forum somewhere that for 2019, Vortex was offering a reticle option eyepiece for the new Razor line of spotting scopes. Has anyone seen any info on this or heard any truth to that?

Yes it is fixed 22x eye piece as the others were with the old Razor spotter. Point of my post is clarification that it is always subtending correctly. Just so anyone interested understands that. ;)

Mine showed up at the house yesterday but it was too dark to know anything by the time I got home.

I am hoping to get home early enough to check it out in daylight / dusk.

I'll update but I am expecting great things.

Reactions: WtxShooter
Short answer is BUY one. It's typical Razor quality and I was impressed. Huge FOV and very clear. Still usable at dusk and was able to see .2 mil bolts on the stop sign down the street. More to come but it's very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimichanga
Sport Optics just received them. They just called me this morning to charge my card. After the call I received an email with tracking number.

I recieved the new Vortex ranging eyepiece today. It was nice and clear on my spotting scope. I was just looking out the sliding glass door since the weather here in Colorado was cold and windy. It focused great and I like the way you can move and level the reticle.