• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Recon R/T monocular or Bushnell legend T spotter.

King_beardsly

MMPRL & Low Dollar Precision
Minuteman
  • Jun 12, 2018
    Beast Coast
    After the last few matches I feel I need to upgrade what I’m running for spotting and acquiring targets at distance. I’m looking for something that has a reticle in it some calling misses and correction for anyone I’m shooting with will be easier then a rough guesstimate. Right now it’s between the vortex recon r/t and the bushnell legend t since they are roughly the same price, both have reticles in mils and seem bomb proof but I’m open to other options. I know the recon is definitely down on power since it’s a fixed 15 but it reticle is better in regards to ranging targets or making more fine tuned calls on misses, but the legend has the power to really get out there but lacks the finer graduations on the reticle.

The Recon and Legend T have the same .5 MIL hashmarks. Of those two, I'd say the Bushnell, as there's not much (if anything) in the way of binos with a reticle in your price range. The Legend is a little bigger and bulkier, but you'll probably want the extra magnification to make up for the lack of having both eyes.

The Recon and Legend T have the same .5 MIL hashmarks. Of those two, I'd say the Bushnell, as there's not much (if anything) in the way of binos with a reticle in your price range. The Legend is a little bigger and bulkier, but you'll probably want the extra magnification to make up for the lack of having both eyes.

Well damn they are both .5 mil, I guess the whole 15x thing made it look like finer graduations and now I feel a little dumb.

Well damn they are both .5 mil, I guess the whole 15x thing made it look like finer graduations and now I feel a little dumb.

It happens. I wasn't sure if that was what was throwing you off, or you thought the Legend only had 1 mil hashes (I've seen a few people that thought that).

I've been using the Legend for a while, but mostly use binos for spotting due to depth perception and less eye strain. I've got an LMSS2 coming now, but that's way out of your price range.

my Legend T has been treating me well.
    waa able to spot hits past 2600 yards with it last Saturday.

The reticle is very useful without being obtrusive.

Here’s a bird quite close I got a pic of with the legend t and a phone adapter
    D35B040C-E0C6-431A-89C5-CC087161B8EC.jpeg

And at a bit under a mile.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
    If size is not an issue then go with the Legend T. The glass is about equal when comparing them at 15x. The extra magnification will be useful when you need it. I ran the recon for a coupe of matches and found the worst of both worlds, the eye strain of a spotter without the extra power.

A decent pair of 15 Binos will always win out for matches.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm