• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Recon

B.Morgan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2005
Riggins, Idaho
Does anyone have experience with the Vortex Recon 15x50 with vms kit? I'm looking for something small but clear to use in conjuction with a PVS 27.

Re: Viper Recon

I have the 10x50 Recon and it is an excellent piece of kit. A great compact spotter. I won this at the Reade match, donated by Scott at Liberty. The 15x50 can only be better considering the only thing lacking with the 10x is the magnification. The glass is awesome. If you are interested, I wouldn't hesitate and for all that Scott at Liberty has done for our sport, give him some business.

Thanks guys. I have a 15X50 on the way! I was going to order one of their tripods but couldn't find any in stock. I'll have it tomorrow and test it with the PVS 27's. I'll check it to the clarity of my other spotters and report back.

Sorry Scott, but bought it before the recommendation came in. I'll make sure I swing your way next time.

Got the recon in and assembled the VMS kit. I like it and the pvs27 works great on the front. I added a PEQ4C on one of the VMS rails to use for target designation with a buddy of mine tonight. We were hitting white 12" plates easily at 500yds with overcast skies. I'll load a few pics in a couple of days.