• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex seems to have dropped their mil discount

Re: Vortex seems to have dropped their mil discoun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McKinneyMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AF you seem to bring a lot crap down on yourself. If i recall correctly you threw a fit about a Brux barrel that did not shoot well for you made a nasty posting on here. I told you to contact Brux directly and see what they would do for you. The funny thing is that even after you bad mouthed them here and probably elsewhere, they took care of you anyway!
Now that you feel that someone has jilted you by not offering an entitlement, you blow up again. Ever think that it might be time to pick up a telephone before making a complete ass out of yourself? Just saying.......</div></div>

Ever think that I maybe, just maybe, <span style="font-weight: bold">DID</span> pick up a telephone? OF COURSE NOT, IT'S THE INTERNET!!! WE ALL KNOW WHAT HE DID AND DIDN'T DO!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Might wanna hit them up for the ass hat discount while you are at it.</div></div>

Oh, you get that one too? Cool!

I called once, after this thread had just started. Phone call was answered promptly and the rep was eager to answer any quesions I had. He explaind that they would continue to offer a discount and even gave me an email to get in contact with him for a quote. Thats great service in my book.

Then it sounds like they've already begun improving things, which is good to hear.

If it had gone differently when I attempted to contact them, I'd probably have one of their optics on my rifle. *shrug*

What I absolutely won't stand for, however, is the people acting like assholes in this thread purporting that I somehow feel entitled to a discount. I never said that, <span style="font-weight: bold">EVER</span>, and I never will. Nor will I have very much respect for the people who implied I did from now on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Perhaps the most interesting item is that you publically come out and make false accusations. When you are proven to be incorrect you are neither apologetic nor contrite. It speaks to the man's character (my opinion)</div></div>

What accusation was false? Did you miss the word <span style="font-weight: bold">APPEARS</span> in the thread title? Rhetorical, the answer is obviously yes, or you wouldn't have posted the silly thing you did. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the companies in the community; they're the only ones to drop out? Smell test--it dont pass.

Fuck em. </div></div>

I have called and talked with several people there. Never have my calls gone unanswered (much less 6 calls). In addition two people from Vortex post on this site on a regular basis (go under "user list" and search Vortex).

Your "people" skills leave a lot to be desired.

I had a Razor that I couldn't get the zero stop figured out on about 3 months ago. I called them twice for their assistance. Both times the phone was promptly answered and they thoroughly helped me and said even if I tried to fix it and messed it up, that they would still warranty it out 100%. I was impressed with Vortex.

Re: Vortex seems to have dropped their mil discount

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was about to buy a vortex scope via their .mil discount on the promotive DoD community, and to my surprise it's gone.

Pretty unfortunate; guess I'll go with a different company. Just a heads-up for other active fellas who were hoping to get a discount from them; you're better off sticking with Leupold, Nightforce, or USO.</div></div>

Looks like you are expecting it to me. Telling people they are better off sticking with other companies because they give discounts. Maybe you need to go back and look at the "Fuck em" comment as well. Face it, you were wrong. How about being a man and admitting it and stop whining like a babby trying to get out of it. Guess everyone here is wrong and you are right? To quote you again "Smell test--it dont pass".

Also they are not improving things by answering the phone. That's how it's always been. Everytime I have called over the past couple of months it has been answered without wait. After reading this I called and again it was answered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was about to buy a vortex scope via their .mil discount on the promotive DoD community, and to my surprise it's gone.

Pretty unfortunate; guess I'll go with a different company. Just a heads-up for other active fellas who were hoping to get a discount from them; you're better off sticking with Leupold, Nightforce, or USO.</div></div>

Looks like you are expecting it to me. Telling people they are better off sticking with other companies because they give discounts. Maybe you need to go back and look at the "Fuck em" comment as well. Face it, you were wrong. How about being a man and admitting it and stop whining like a babby trying to get out of it. Guess everyone here is wrong and you are right? To quote you again "Smell test--it dont pass".

Also they are not improving things by answering the phone. That's how it's always been. Everytime I have called over the past couple of months it has been answered without wait. After reading this I called and again it was answered.

</div></div>

He's not going to "man up" and apologize because it's his modus operandi.

Typical Armed Ferret BS.

Wow, three Mods weighing in and still no contrition? All that's left is for Lowlight to lock the thread, ban Armed Ferret and start an "Official Vortex mil discount" thread
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Typical Armed Ferret BS.</div></div>

Kind of like running in to a conversation well after it's over to throw out a personal attack with nothing else to contribute to the thread being another certain member's M.O.?

You get the classy button too.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Kind of like running in to a conversation well after it's over to throw out a personal attack with nothing else to contribute to the thread being another certain member's M.O.?

smile.gif
</div></div>

Mike has an even better button. lets see if you can poke him enough to make him use it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

smile.gif
</div></div>

Yes, EXACTLY like that.

Everyone is so entitled these days. Heaven forbid you don't get a military discount.

I work at a retailer that I get promotive discounts, ordered a standard Viper from that. Was hoping for a PST to hit that eventually, but even after I noticed they were no longer on there anymore that didnt stop me from logging into opticsplanet and placing an order for one instead.

Yeah I couldve just as easily ordered a MK4, but I wouldnt be getting as good of a product or warranty now would I have?

Id love to see the discount again, but seeing as the only thing I sell at my store is their red-dot I was happy enough to get one scope at a discount out of the deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: popeye089</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

So you're mad because.......So what. I never implied anything I simply stated that I was a patriotic consumer because I like so many other young men and women serve this country by risking our lives, those of us that do, <span style="color: #FF0000">go through undescribable pain, heartache, loss, horrors, and ridicule simply because we put a uniform on day in and day out.</span> And yes I have a place to shoot and guns and ammo but all because before me many more put on their uniform and didn't just write about patriotism but fought and died for it. All i said is that I support companies that do. I am sorry you pay list price, but don't get angry because I support those that offer it. I don't ridicule you for where you shop or what you buy so why do it to me? </div></div> Oh holy christ... is it really that bad?