• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18 FFP EBR-7c

Go to both of those links and look at the scopes. They are not the same scope, and undoubtedly the Razor is far superior, but they are damn similar in form and function.
They are both made by completely different OEMs.

Vortex uses their own turret designs in their optics so that's why they are similar. The physical size just so happens to be close between them but the weight is completely different.

The 3-18 Razor was never a particularly popular scope due to the excess weight.
Maybe a new lighter weight design would be more popular but Vortex doesn't seem to think so.
If it there was a big market for it they would've released one at the same time as the Gen3 6-36.

Got one in a couple days ago to go on my CZ 457. Haven’t mounted it yet but first impressions are positive. Just looking through it in my backyard am impressed with the glass clarity so far (at short rimfire ranges) and the overall build quality is good. I don’t really care for the locking turret and once unlocked it’s kinda wobbly but it’s tactile and audible enough for what I need in a 22LR. Parallax adjustment seems true to marking so far so that’s nice. Overall happy with the product at its price range.

If a guy were to want one, said guy should probably check out Focus Camera and the code 250off

Wish I wanted one

Reactions: jb0311
If a guy were to want one, said guy should probably check out Focus Camera and the code 250off

Wish I wanted one
that's a good deal for those who don't qualify for vortex prodeals.

Strongly considering picking one up with the deal going at Euro. It would replace an Arken 4-16 on my 6ARC, and the Arken would get rotated to a .22.

Took mine out a few times last weekend on a bergara b14r. Put about 500 rounds down at 52, 98, 146 and 312. I had a atacr 4-16 and a buddy's arken epl 4-16 to compare it with.

Let me state I'm not a vortex fan but I do own a few and had no troubles thus far. I was actually surprised how good the glass was. It beats the arken hands down but was obviously lacking to the atacr. I thought the parallax was very forgiving and edge to edge clarity was good. The eyebox does get a little tight past 15-16x but is very usable with an adjustable stock. The turrets were positive but did have some slight play in them ( not mushy) . Once I had it zero stop set it had the advertised 18.9 mils of elevation travel. I found the illumination to be daylight bright while it the woods but a nice sunny day in an open area barely visible.

My buddy and I ran the plates forward and reverse one round at a time cranking on the turrets for 200 rounds and although I didn't do a actual tracking test it did very well.

I bought 2 of these and haven't open the second one yet. I'll check back when I do as it seems like all vortex low to mid tier products the consistency just isn't there. If your able to get this at the current mil/le pricing from euro or the like I highly recommend it for a 22, range gun, AR or tree stand/blind rifle. Just be aware it's a vortex.

Attachments

• Compress_20230525_202528_8003.jpg
    Compress_20230525_202528_8003.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Compress_20230525_202528_8303.jpg
    Compress_20230525_202528_8303.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Compress_20230525_202528_8547.jpg
    Compress_20230525_202528_8547.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Compress_20230525_202528_8854.jpg
    Compress_20230525_202528_8854.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: Islas82
Took mine out a few times last weekend on a bergara b14r. Put about 500 rounds down at 52, 98, 146 and 312. I had a atacr 4-16 and a buddy's arken epl 4-16 to compare it with.

Let me state I'm not a vortex fan but I do own a few and had no troubles thus far. I was actually surprised how good the glass was. It beats the arken hands down but was obviously lacking to the atacr. I thought the parallax was very forgiving and edge to edge clarity was good. The eyebox does get a little tight past 15-16x but is very usable with an adjustable stock. The turrets were positive but did have some slight play in them ( not mushy) . Once I had it zero stop set it had the advertised 18.9 mils of elevation travel. I found the illumination to be daylight bright while it the woods but a nice sunny day in an open area barely visible.

My buddy and I ran the plates forward and reverse one round at a time cranking on the turrets for 200 rounds and although I didn't do a actual tracking test it did very well.

I bought 2 of these and haven't open the second one yet. I'll check back when I do as it seems like all vortex low to mid tier products the consistency just isn't there. If your able to get this at the current mil/le pricing from euro or the like I highly recommend it for a 22, range gun, AR or tree stand/blind rifle. Just be aware it's a vortex.
Agree with all of your points, I just took mine out yesterday on a CZ 457 MTR and it works great. Clear image and decent turrets I also had a ATCR 4-16 and I hated the FOV at 16x.

Reactions: Bigwilly556
Mounted mine up on a 6ARC but haven’t shot it yet. Looks good and the weight difference is night and day vs the Arken 4-16.

I just missed the average Joe sale price of $499 with free shipping sale for the new Strike Eagle 3-18x FFP and I don't qualify for their 40% law enforcement or military discount either otherwise I'd buy some from EuroOptics at 55% off right now.

It's good to know at it's got at least better IQ compared to the 4-16x Arken. Is the reticle easy to pick up at 3x or is it invisible?

For Vortex Diamondback Tactical lovers who want nicer turrets you're much better off buying the Swampfox Patriot version that has better turrets and also includes a sharkfin throw lever for much cheaper cost. Same scope but slightly better design. By now the turrets should line up after their improvements.

For the anti Chinese folks the new Philippines made Primary Arms GLx 3-18x FFP 34mm with 180MOA total elevation travel MSRP $649.99 sounds very interesting and much cheaper if bought from price friendly dealers over the phone. Is sure looks like a wallet friendly alternative to the Burris XTR III 3.3-18x with way more elevation travel.

Reactions: Bluedog82
I just missed the average Joe sale price of $499 with free shipping sale for the new Strike Eagle 3-18x FFP and I don't qualify for their 40% law enforcement or military discount either otherwise I'd buy some from EuroOptics at 55% off right now.

It's good to know at it's got at least better IQ compared to the 4-16x Arken. Is the reticle easy to pick up at 3x or is it invisible?

For Vortex Diamondback Tactical lovers who want nicer turrets you're much better off buying the Swampfox Patriot version that has better turrets and also includes a sharkfin throw lever for much cheaper cost. Same scope but slightly better design. By now the turrets should line up after their improvements.
With illumination it’s doable but obviously not ideal

Reactions: Scopeye
Just bumping this to see if those who have one are still happy and if the scope is holding up?

Like most people I would much prefer to avoid the whole made in China thing but for a putting on a 22lr for a bit of fun it looks like a good option.

I do like the specs on the new Primary Arms 3-18x44 but just not a fan of the reticle.

I have the strike eagle 3x18x44 on a 20 inch ar15 that I shoot in gas gun matches . I have been very happy with it shooting from 235 yds out to 700 yds . it's easy to see the reticle at 3x as well as at full magnification . It seems to be some what durable since I havent managed to break it yet while using my cat like reflex's while falling over a rock . I would buy it again .
IMG_4585.jpeg

Reactions: Toolnup and Ronws
Still happy with both mine. Have it on a b14r and one that gets moved around. Been on a 308, 223 and 350 legend. No issues what so ever.

Reactions: Toolnup
Just bumping this to see if those who have one are still happy and if the scope is holding up?

Like most people I would much prefer to avoid the whole made in China thing but for a putting on a 22lr for a bit of fun it looks like a good option.

I do like the specs on the new Primary Arms 3-18x44 but just not a fan of the reticle.
I sent mine in for play in the elevation turret, it came back from Vortex the same as when I sent it in. I sold the SE and got a 3-18 XTR3i and couldn’t be happier.

Just sold one a few day ago I bought it for my CZ457 then moved it to a LWRC DI. It’s a nice lil scope and it’s well within its price point. I decide to get rid of it to find something else for the LWRC that’s more appropriate for the platform.

I sent mine in for play in the elevation turret, it came back from Vortex the same as when I sent it in. I sold the SE and got a 3-18 XTR3i and couldn’t be happier.
Cheers. From what I've been reading that seems to the main issue people are having with the scope if they are having issues. I think the 5-25 was much the same.

I do like the XTR3i but it's crazy expensive where I live in the world unfortunately.

Reactions: Hondo1