• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 Review

“Video has been removed by the uploader”

Attachments

• CF27D27E-651F-4FAA-9248-EEB5DB5F7A2A.png
    CF27D27E-651F-4FAA-9248-EEB5DB5F7A2A.png
    183.5 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Rich307
When dialing the knobs are the clicks as defined as the razors? any mushy-ness to them?

No they are not as defined as the Razor. Closer to the PST. Audible and tactile but not as much so as the Razor.

Thanks for the review. Particularly the description of the glass being closer to the viper end of the spectrum. If it was down towards the diamond back end of the range it would be out of my consideration.

Can't watch the vid(my issue). How was the tracking?

Can't watch the vid(my issue). How was the tracking?
I have not done a tall target test or box test, but have dialed to and from 16.5MOA and back and in the middle several times. This being done with verified velocities and solutions from my kilo 2400ABS. I'm sure there are some errors, but for the distances I have shot so far, it has been good. I plan on doing a tall target test soon. I will post when I do.

Reactions: Bitchtitsbob
Should I spend a little more and get another Viper Gen II?
I think the money vs performance is directly proportional between the two. The viper is a little bit more expensive, but it has a little bit better glass and turrets. If you have three money to spend id say go with the viper. However I doubt you would be disappointed with the performance of the strike eagle.

Reactions: Rob01
I took my usual 100 yard tracking target and put it at my 50 yard range at home. Laid the reticle against it and it was right on. Then I shot the target. Being at 50 yards each space is 2 mils so the 10 mil mark is 20 mils. I dialed up to 20 mils at 2 mils each. I think it did pretty good. As you can see from the bottom before and after the zero was a little high to begin with but after dialing back to it it was right there for return to zero.

IMG_0599.jpg

I took my usual 100 yard tracking target and put it at my 50 yard range at home. Laid the reticle against it and it was right on. Then I shot the target. Being at 50 yards each space is 2 mils so the 10 mil mark is 20 mils. I dialed up to 20 mils at 2 mils each. I think it did pretty good. As you can see from the bottom before and after the zero was a little high to begin with but after dialing back to it it was right there for return to zero.

View attachment 7316118
It's crazy what you can buy for $600 these days. This scope keeps amazing me

Thank you for the review.

This may just be the way I go. I have been looking at the PST gen2 and trying to choose between it and a Sig Tango 4 that I found at the $600 price point … so this seems to fall in the middle of the road PSTII - $900, SE - $700, Tango4 $600... any help finding better prices and I would be thankful.

This seems very interesting, I am in the market for a new high end scope and this might just be it, great review.

Is this going through Vortex for the LE/MIL discount?

Other vendors offer the LE/Mil/Vet pricing. Last I was told Vortex is not selling direct anymore but things change.

This seems very interesting, I am in the market for a new high end scope and this might just be it, great review.
If you are in the market for a high end scope, this isnt it. It's a good scope at a real good price.

Other vendors offer the LE/Mil/Vet pricing. Last I was told Vortex is not selling direct anymore but things change.
Oh ok. I think optics planet does the discount but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the review! Does anyone know the difference in optical quality between the old SFP Strike Eagles vs the new FFP ones?
You can grab the SFP 4-24x50 for quite a bit cheaper, I am just wondering if anyone has handled both scopes?

Thanks

I just bought one of these scopes through EuroOptic with the MIL discount. Fast shipping too. I am replacing a Vortex Viper PST Gen 1 6-24x50 FFP MRAD.

Reactions: slickalaus12