• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

vortex viper hd vs vulture hd?

bloodsport06

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2012
nebraska
has anyone had a chance to check out the vulture hd's? i havent seen either in person. just wondering how they compare optically? i know the vultures are much bigger but i dont do much hiking, usually in a ground blind or up in a tree stand. i recently have purchased a vortex viper pst and razor hd so moneys pretty tight (taxes spent) :). i could get the vultures soon but id have to awhile to pick up the viper hd. ive considered the diamondbacks as well but from what ive read both of the above are much better. only thing ive had in the past is cheap $50-$75 binos. so im sure id be happy with any. thanks

has anyone had a chance to check out the vulture hd's? i haven't seen either in person. just wondering how they compare optically?

As yourself, I'm new to Vortex optics. If all the glass, prisms and coatings are identical between the Viper HD and Vulture HD (looks very similar on their features listings), then You might expect the larger objectives on the Vulture to bring in more low light capability. As you said, they are bigger and heavier (use a bino harness), but may or may not be optically equal (sign of price difference) to the Vipers.

A quick call to Vortex (800) 426-0048 should "shed light" on the non obvious differences (Vulture-made in?)!

Hunting season is over...could consider holding up for the additional $$$ for the Vipers?

Ted

yeah im in no real big hurry. i was wondering about the larger objective letting more light in compared to the 50mm vipers. i plan on calling them sometime this coming week. was just hoping someone had some time behind each on here. i have read the vultures are not made in the same place the viper hd's are but i will verify that when i call. thanks for the reply!