• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST 6-24 x 50 FFP Mil/Mil

JBHelix

Private
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2011
WA
First impressions: when I first opened the box I noticed 2 issues 1 the elevation turret had punched through the interior package during shipping. Upon examination it looks like the scope just doesn't fit in the box with the turret up go figure. Inspecting the scope no damage was visible due to the box issue. Moving on. Opened the sun shade. The finish is poor. There is a big glob of schmutz in the finish. sweet!

So I got the scope mounted up on my Savage 116 weather worrior 300 win mag. I used Burris extreme tactical high steel rings and a Warne 20 MOA rail. Used blue Locktight and torqed everything to spec with my FAT wrench.

Then today I finally had a chance to take my Savage 300 win mag to the range today with my new Vortex Viper PST 6-24x 50 FFP Mil/mil scope, I was stoked. I ordered the scope way back in June.

So far I am NOT impressed. This scope will be going back to vortex if not returned to the vendor for a refund.

Issue number 1: after shooting 10 or so shots a big black speck of crap appeared at about 11:00 in the field of view. At first I thought a fly landed on the ojective lens so I wiped it. No luck looked at it, the lens was clean. Looked through the eye piece again and changed power. The speck shrank. Fired a few more shots and the speck moved, a few more and it disappeared again. Lovely. There is a chunk of crap floating around in there. No way to know if it would appear again at an inopportune moment or if it is scratching up the internal elements, or even it it was part of something important.

Issue number 2: either my rail came loose or this scope can't hold a zero worth a damn. I will pull the mount apart in the shop at the first opportunity and find out which. Maybe that piece of crud floating around in there was holding somthing important when it broke loose.

Can't say any thing about the tracking the scope/rifle would not shoot a consistant enough group that I even felt I had it zeroed. I would get a group indicating a slight change of 1 or 2 mil (as measured with the EBR-1 reticle) would be approprate to get me on target and I would input the clicks and get results that did not match the inputs.

These are not the results I was looking for.

Re: Vortex Viper PST 6-24 x 50 FFP Mil/Mil

Please post up some pictures. I have one on order so I hope it's an isolated incident but I'd like to see pics so we know the potential problems. Either way, I'm sure Vortex will take care of it and you but that sucks after about a years worth of waiting.

snapped a couple shots with my phone through the eye piece trying to capture the speck. Not sure if they turned out yet. I'll have to remember my photo bucket password to post. HMMM what was it again?

That sucks. You waited all this time and then problems. Unfortunately it can happen to any manufacturer even S&B, nightforce and so on. Best to send it back and get it replaced before you go a different route unless the wait period for its replacement is ridiculous.

Flyingbullseye

I am sorry to hear you have problems with your scope. As the others have said, this happens. I am sure that they will make this right. I have had nothing bad to say about the Vortex scopes. There are a number of them on friends rifles and I for one have three PST's on order. I can't wait to get them in and mounted.
At this point, my M24 will have it Leupold Mark 4 replaced with one, and my new .338 X-Bolt is getting one as well. The third one I have not figured out what it will go on.
Good luck, it will be taken care of and please let us know what happens.
Fritz

Major bummer!! From what's been posted, their C/S is second to none. That said, sounds like they'll take good care of you.

Give Vortex a call they answer their phones at 7:00 am Central.

As far as tracking, repeatability in accuracy and the ability to stay spot on. We just put a 4-16x50 PST ffp through the test cranking it from zero to shooting a max distance of 1200 yards and everywhere in between for close to 200 rounds this last week at Thunder Valley Precision. And the PST was spot on when running the course. The PST was a perfect match for the Remington 308 – SPS ACC

An awesome bang for the buck for sure, again give them a call

That sounds like it was damaged in shipping and needs to go back to the factory. I'd make sure you let the people at Vortex send you another one before you give up on it though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsopa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JBHelix, when did you order yours and from where? </div></div>

I'll have to go back and check my order date but I think it was June. Got burglarized in May and this was Insurance claim money. I ordered from Midway USA.

The pictures did not turn out. Aparenlty the rifle was pointed at the berm when I took the pic and you can't tell the speck from the background clutter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBHelix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So far I am NOT impressed. This scope will be going back to vortex if not returned to the vendor for a refund.</div></div>

Why would you mount it and take it to the range if you already had the preconceived notion that you were going to return it....HMMMMMMM. Before you get your undies in a bunch, why not call Vortex like others have said and see what they can do for you first.

He offered what appears to be honest objective feedback on a relatively big ticket product.

Pull your panties out of your crack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triman2008</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBHelix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So far I am NOT impressed. This scope will be going back to vortex if not returned to the vendor for a refund.</div></div>

Why would you mount it and take it to the range if you already had the preconceived notion that you were going to return it....HMMMMMMM. Before you get your undies in a bunch, why not call Vortex like others have said and see what they can do for you first. </div></div>

Triman, I think he was saying that he isn't impressed in so far as the problems he's having, not that the scope is sub-par in it's design.

I think there have been enough posts about the PST's being re-released that state that they're excellent for the money. Obviously, it's no big secret that Vortex Customer Service is arguably one of the best in the industry. They will take care of you. However, many posts saying they are excellent from reputable people on the Hide, and one person having issues will not sway me to the point of saying they aren't worth it. Whenever you run an assembly line producing any sort of product, there are bound to be occasional discrepancies, regardless of how well the product is made. Vortex is very good about making sure things are right. If you choose to not go that route, I'm sure you could get rid of it pretty quickly considering there are many people waiting for these, but I would give Vortex the chance to make it right for you first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triman2008</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBHelix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Why would you mount it and take it to the range if you already had the preconceived notion that you were going to return it....HMMMMMMM. Before you get your undies in a bunch, why not call Vortex like others have said and see what they can do for you first. </div></div>

Triman, I think he was saying that he isn't impressed in so far as the problems he's having, not that the scope is sub-par in it's design.
</div></div>
I'd have to go with Triman on this one. Too often this kind of dirty laundry is aired out on this site while the manufacturer is chomping at the bit to fix the problem. The manufacturer should be contacted FIRST.

Also, the OP said he wasn't impressed and the results were not what he was looking for which I think is blurring the lines between an isolated incident and the model as a whole.

I would give the OP the benefit of the doubt if he he wasn't so quick to throw the manufacturer under the bus.

hopefully others that have had a chance to look through their new scope and test it out, will be weighing in soon - i'm looking forward to ordering one myself for my 300 winmag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cyrekzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hopefully others that have had a chance to look through their new scope and test it out, will be weighing in soon - i'm looking forward to ordering one myself for my 300 winmag. </div></div>

A few have weighed in:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2449891#Post2449891

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triman2008</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBHelix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I have to agree. 12 posts and this kind of post? I personally have to wonder about the whole deal myself. Vortex will take care of this issue, but he seems more intent on slamming the product than looking for a solution to me. Vortex has shown that they will bend over backwards to accomodate shooters. No pictures of the issue? Why not contact Sam or Jason and see what they have to say before blowing your mouth about the scope here for all to see. I am just not believing that this is a real post. A serious person would contact Vortex directly to find out what can be done rather than saying they are throwing in the towel over a defective scope! I smell fish and it is stinking to me.

Give Vortex a chance to sort out your scope. They took really good care of me on my Razor eye peice swap, and even sent me a ball cap to sweeten the deal. No money out of my pocket.

By the way, I had a similar problem with black crap on the inside of the lense on a IOR Valdada. It was paint that had flaked off the inside of the scope tube. It happend after I had put 10 or 20 rounds through the riffle. Can't comment on the zero problem. But from the other threads here on the Hide I would say this is an isolated incident.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cyrekzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hopefully others that have had a chance to look through their new scope and test it out, will be weighing in soon - i'm looking forward to ordering one myself for my 300 winmag. </div></div>

A few have weighed in:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2449891#Post2449891 </div></div>

yeah - i saw those too! I'm glad they were positive, as I would expect. I was just more specifically waiting for more reviews on the 6-24 FFP, not that it should be much different than the 4-16 FFP ones - but for some reason i remember reading that a couple of other brands had ones that were different in the quality of the picture at higher magnifications than that of the lower powered scope of the same brand. Maybe that's true for all of them? I mean, i understand that it might not be as good as on the 16x as at say, 20x +, but it was commented that even with the higher power one at 16x, they were different.

Hey, if your unhappy with it send it to me and I will send you my New never uses Sightron S3 8-32x56, and I will pay shipping

Not sure how you made that leap there. My feeling that the scope should go back was after it had been mounted up, rifle fired and a wad of crap was observed floating around inside the scope. The other issues I observed were just that, things I observed that were not perfect but that I accepted.

As for those above who think my post is fake I can't imagine what could motivate me to make up the post. Yes I have a low post count. Yes I only signed up on this forum a few months ago. From what I had seen I thought the members here were interested in honest feedback on products. That is what my post was. Honest. I was very disapointed in getting a scope that is broken and doesn't work. As I think anyone here would be. This isn't my first scope from Vortex. I had another one that had to go back last year and Vortex took great care of me sent me a brand new Diamondback even though they could not reproduce the issue I was having with the one I sent them. The new one works great. I'm very happy with the overall experience.

As for the PST it is still in the exact same place it was when I came back from the range. Still mounted up still on the rifle. I've placed one call to Vortex but they were closed at the time. Problem is my schedule not theirs. when I get a chance I will send it off to them and I'm sure they will take great care of me. However my post wasn't about their service which I know from experience is very good. It was about the PST I received in a less than perfect condition. Plain and simple. Since some of you seem to think Pics or it didn't happen I'll get one posted.

Why cant you contact the manufacturer before coming on a forum and bad mouthing a product? What happened to the good old days when you gave the manufacturer a chance to fix their product? Pretty chickenshit it you ask me.

I have personally had 2 Zeiss and 1 USO optic with "wads of crap" floating in them.(all fixed by mfg, thats why we deal with quality companies)

Shit happens. They are still excellent scopes. Just like Vortex. Quit your bitching, get it fixed or get something else.

There are dozens of guys here who would buy it from you and either just use it, or get Vortex to fix it.

Without crying a single time on here.

IMG00304.jpg

here is the only shot I was able to get showing the object inside the scope. This is after It first appeared and changed apparent size/orientation/position once and I realized I should shoot a picture of it with my phone. After this it disappeared again resting on another surface inside the scope out of view.

To those of you who think I'm "chickeshit" or trashing the product or the maker get real. Sharing an experience doesn't do anyone any favors if you sugar coat it. If this information helps someone make a more informed purchase so be it. If you think people shouldn't share negative experiences about products then what is the point of sharing at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JBHelix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG00304.jpg

here is the only shot I was able to get showing the object inside the scope. This is after It first appeared and changed apparent size/orientation/position once and I realized I should shoot a picture of it with my phone. After this it disappeared again resting on another surface inside the scope out of view.

To those of you who think I'm "chickeshit" or trashing the product or the maker get real. Sharing an experience doesn't do anyone any favors if you sugar coat it. If this information helps someone make a more informed purchase so be it. If you think people shouldn't share negative experiences about products then what is the point of sharing at all. </div></div>

Its nothing.

If it bothers you, fix it when you get time.

If not, dont.

ETA- I think it may just be chickenshit on the wall. Not in your scope at all

Some of you guys crack me up.....There are many threads dedicated to Leupold bashing, and nobody get's their panties in a wad over that. But when 1 guy posts a less than stellar review of Vortex, shit hits the fan, as they would say. Comical.

As a potential future PST owner, I'd like to hear the negative with the positive. The more reviews and info, the better IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fisky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of you guys crack me up.....There are many threads dedicated to Leupold bashing, and nobody get's their panties in a wad over that. But when 1 guy posts a less than stellar review of Vortex, shit hits the fan, as they would say. Comical.

As a potential future PST owner, I'd like to hear the negative with the positive. The more reviews and info, the better IMO. </div></div>

Some people are emotionally invested in the PST...

I have one on order and appreciate all (not just the glowing) reviews.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fisky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some of you guys crack me up.....There are many threads dedicated to Leupold bashing, and nobody get's their panties in a wad over that. But when 1 guy posts a less than stellar review of Vortex, shit hits the fan, as they would say. Comical.

As a potential future PST owner, I'd like to hear the negative with the positive. The more reviews and info, the better IMO. </div></div>

+1 Way to many Fan Boys on this sight. I had a Super Sniper 10X42M tell about 3 months ago. Did I like the scope, yes. Did it have its flaws, yes. It kept flaking off small black particules like this inside the scope after each range session until there was about 12 of them. It finally got to the point to bug me and I had to ship in into Bushnell (who handles their CS) to have it fixed. To their credit it was a 5 day turn around time. It also had mushy turrets with clicks that I would hardly call "audible". But it was still a GOOD scope, and tracked extremely well. I finally sold it and upgraded to a Leupold Mark 4. Its quite simply the nicest scope I have ever used, ever. Now, I did at least avoid posting about my Super Sniper problems on here until now because I to, can not believe how much people freak out if you talk in any way negativley about their favorite scope/stock/gun company... even if it is objectivley

I think the opposite is true.

People seem more emotionally invested against the PST. A sub $900 scope performing all the tasks of their (myself included) $2500 scopes is what is getting everyone upset.

That is why I defend the PST. I have used them, they do what they claim at 1/3 the costs of my Schmidts.

Not a fanboy, just being straight up. The PST is changing things and some of the glass snobs dont like it.

They arent perfect, havent seen anyone say they are. They are however, the best value going IMO. Easily.

I think a lot of the bashing comes from people not going through the proper channels to get this corrected. A lot of bashing has happened to Leupold because over the past few years, their CS has diminished, with the main kicker being they don't seem to listen to the wants and needs of the community, like Vortex and other companies. Leupold apparently seems to finally be listening, albeit they're doing it in a ridiculously overpriced way in the Mark 8 line. The key thing that would slow down or stop all this drama and bashing in the threads is instead of posting "I have this problem and this problem. This scope is crap, yadda yadda yadda", contact the vendor first, explain the issue, give them a chance to remedy it, and then post. At that point, explain the problems you had with the scope, whether the warranty repair fixed the issues you had, and if you still like or dislike the scope. If you still dislike the scope afterwards, sell it. Everybody, at some point in their lives, is guilty of buying something they're hyped up about, only to be disappointed. However, you don't see Leupold rep's on here, but you will find Vortex rep's, Premier rep's, etc. So send it in for the warranty. If it comes back, and you still dislike it, sell it. However I think it's pretty much common knowledge that Vortex will bend over backwards to make sure things are correct for you.

I doubt (judging by the size) that particle is holding anything up or keeping the scope from holding zero. If you think the holding zero is the scope send it back, but if it could be in the mount then try the old phonebook method to rid yourself of the particle.
Hit the scope squarely on a phonebook the next time the particle shows up, this should dislodge it from the glass and allow it to get stuck in the grease that coats the inside of the scope tube.
Actually the reason you haven't seen the spot anymore may be because the particle has already found its way to grease and it will stay stuck pretty much forever- that's the reason scope tubes are greased- keeps dirt away from the glass.
This does happen from time to time with all makes and models of scopes, that particle you see is probably the size of the point on a pin, your ocular magnifies the particle.

Just my thoughts, good luck,
Paul

Same thing happened to a USO I had. It is not even an issue. It went away and the grease retained it, as it is supposed to.

Especially in FFP scopes that magnify it.

USO recommends a phone book to fix it.

Not something you want to see in any optic, period. I get that.

But I would much rather have a speck, especially one that clears itself up, than an issue with the accuracy of the turrets or something.

No big deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the opposite is true.

People seem more emotionally invested against the PST. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

hydro, I was saying that people are emotionally invested, their bias towards or against doesn't matter. Once emotionally invested they lose the ability to see things objectively and the battle begins.

JBHelix - thanks for the picture! How far away from the wall are you? It looks like you're looking at the moon
smile.gif

I am going to order up one today!

I have had 3 scope over the years get black specs on them. It is just a piece of anodizing. Not that uncommon. Sometimes a good smack or two on something like a phone book with knock it back down to the scope wall where it will stick never to cause a problem again.

But regardless I feel your frustration. Nothing is worse than the anticipation of a new toy and it not being right when we get it. But it would be foolish to discount the PSTs as a whole because of one sample. I have used Vortex CS before. They are prompt and professional. Can't ask for better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the opposite is true.

People seem more emotionally invested against the PST. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

hydro, I was saying that people are emotionally invested, their bias towards or against doesn't matter. Once emotionally invested they lose the ability to see things objectively and the battle begins. </div></div>

With that, I couldnt agree more. I took it as you were saying the PST was the scope about which people were invested. As if that isnt the case with lots of gear in general.

I got you now, and concur. With some folks, once they spend the money, they have to claim whatever they bought is the only logical solution.

In reality, most all of the brands popular here are excellent options. If they werent, the guys who win with them wouldnt use them, and then all the others wouldnt be buying in the first place.

Most gear here gets used and if it is crappy, it never becomes popular. There are exceptions of course.

The speck in the scope that is the subject of this thread probably left the factory fine and the speck came loose in transit.

The OP gave feedback on a real life experience. Why all the hate? I, too, will get a PST in the future and appreciate the honest feedback. Nobody questions how Vortex will take care of the problem. They seem to be very, very interested in things going smoothly for their customers. But that doesn't take away from what the OP experienced. If, after he contacts Vortex, he wants to opine on their customer service, I'm sure we all would like to here about that as well. We are talking about a piece of kit here and not somebody's friend. Thanks JBHelix for giving us your first impressions. That is what a review is all about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheOneTwo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had 3 scope over the years get black specs on them. It is just a piece of anodizing. Not that uncommon. Sometimes a good smack or two on something like a phone book with knock it back down to the scope wall where it will stick never to cause a problem again.
</div></div>

Yeap. Had that happen with one of my IOR fixed power hunting scopes. I felt kind of stupid swinging it at a phone book but the speck went away.

here is the only shot I was able to get showing the object inside the scope.</div></div>

I've seen that sort of thing inside lots of different scopes. It's nothing to worry about.

S&B, IOR, Leupold, Meopta, Kahles, I have seen specks in all of those as well as cheaper scopes like Tascos.

If you haven't sent it in yet (and are happy with the scope otherwise) I would try the phone book trick.

I am starting to get biased for low post count people coming on here and busting on scopes, gunsmiths and whatever else. I am not saying that you don't have a legitimate complaint but forgive me if I become a tad skeptical. The reason why is if you do a Google search on Vortex PST's there is a good chance this thread will come up. It doesn’t take a brilliant person to figure out that you can ruin people's reputations or manufacturer's very easily by bad press. If it is well deserved have at it but this is something that could have been fixed easily by just calling Vortex. They have great customer service so use it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: carolinablue50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of bashing has happened to Leupold because over the past few years, their CS has diminished, with the main kicker being they don't seem to listen to the wants and needs of the community </div></div>

Yeap! I have a mark 4 that's gone back a couple times for the same issue. First time they returned it without touching it, second time they took it apart and cleaned it, third time they took it apart, cleaned it, and *fixed* the reticle (still canted, d'oh!). That whole process took about two months. Hell they had it for 3 weeks the first time and did NOTHING to it.

Contrast that with 12 years ago when I sent in an old, beat to shit vari-x II that came back to me in two weeks in pristine shape (new tube, new internals, new lenses, I still have it too).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am starting to get biased for low post count people coming on here and busting on scopes, gunsmiths and whatever else. I am not saying that you don't have a legitimate complaint but forgive me if I become a tad skeptical. The reason why is if you do a Google search on Vortex PST's there is a good chance this thread will come up. It doesn&#146;t take a brilliant person to figure out that you can ruin people's reputations or manufacturer's very easily by bad press. If it is well deserved have at it but this is something that could have been fixed easily by just calling Vortex. They have great customer service so use it.</div></div>

I have to agree. And it's not just this forum, but all forums. People have post counts under 100 are suspect, under 50 are really suspect, and under 10 or 20? It's just hard to take anything they say seriously.

(looks at his own post count after righting this and laughs)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: carolinablue50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of bashing has happened to Leupold because over the past few years, their CS has diminished, with the main kicker being they don't seem to listen to the wants and needs of the community </div></div>

Yeap! I have a mark 4 that's gone back a couple times for the same issue. First time they returned it without touching it, second time they took it apart and cleaned it, third time they took it apart, cleaned it, and *fixed* the reticle (still canted, d'oh!). That whole process took about two months. Hell they had it for 3 weeks the first time and did NOTHING to it.

Contrast that with 12 years ago when I sent in an old, beat to shit vari-x II that came back to me in two weeks in pristine shape (new tube, new internals, new lenses, I still have it too). </div></div>

This is one of the reasons Vortex is getting such high praise. Everybody chimes in with the "Fanboy" comments, but the fact of the matter is they're listening to their customers. In any assembly line process, whether it's here, or overseas, you're bound to have issues pop up. Regardless of what the product is, arguably the most important facet in retaining customers as repeat customers is customer service. They are also listening to the customer's wants and needs and producing products that reflects that. I think that's one of the main reasons for the "fanboy-ism"....it almost seems like it's not the norm, as it used to be, so when a company like Vortex is re-setting the standard, it excites the end-users.

Guys I don’t think it is the post count. It may be more due to experience and personality. Some people seem to think the man made products will not have issues. I had a cheap bushnell 3x9 scope I purchased in the early 90s. I recall I paid $49 bucks for it and it turn out to be a good scope. Run it on an 06 for several years than on a 223 for pd. It held up to the abuse. Just to give you a prospective, I had to get my first pair of reading glass (bummer). Remember the people building the product vs. the company may not have the same passion as we do about shooting. So with that said even the big boys have issues just like the small companies. That is why CS is so important. You have to give them a chance to make it right. And it they don’t, you need to give us the full store vs. your emotional story.

Regards John (under 100 posts)

I have been reading " for the money" about the Vortex PST scopes. I really wonder if you could shoot smaller groups with rifles that have $3000 scopes than with the PSTs? I have a fairly accurate 6mm Norma BR. with a 6-24x50mm PST MOA scope with a Custom Vortex Turret that is "dead nuts accurate".

I DO NOT think I could shoot any better with anymore expensive scope and I do not care how more clearer the glass is. And this is all the way out to 1200 yards. If I can hit gongs at 1200 yards the only hinderance was READING the WIND not the scope.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=564977&highlight=

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=574886&highlight=

40gt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been reading " for the money" about the Vortex PST scopes. I really wonder if you could shoot smaller groups with rifles that have $3000 scopes than with the PSTs? I have a fairly accurate 6mm Norma BR. with a 6-24x50mm PST MOA scope with a Custom Vortex Turret that is "dead nuts accurate".

I DO NOT think I could shoot any better with anymore expensive scope and I do not care how more clearer the glass is. And this is all the way out to 1200 yards. If I can hit gongs at 1200 yards the only hinderance was READING the WIND not the scope.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=564977&highlight=

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=574886&highlight=

40gt </div></div>

There is a lot more to an optic than the ability to see the target.

That is an invalid argument you are making.

The Vortex PST belongs in the "Bang for the buck" group.

Because it owns it. Nobody with a clue would tell you that the PST is superior to a PMII.

I love PST's and am awaiting another right now, but they were not designed to be better than a PMII or similar ~%2800 optic.