• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST 6-24 x 50 FFP Mil/Mil

Re: Vortex Viper PST 6-24 x 50 FFP Mil/Mil

I put the same scope on a friend's model 70 Stealth in 22-250. Nice scope and a great value for the money. Shoots a box well, is clear and bright enough, and is good looking. Yes, it's only on top of a varmint cartridge, but for his application and his $500.00 limit it proved to be an excellent choice. The eye relief is short, though, and is a bit critical. Again, for this application it's a great choice.

Steven L.

Interesting correlation between post count and content validity. Using those metrics, anyone who has a high opinion of their opinion makes them wiser than those who choose to listen more than they speak. I look more to the registration date than post count. There are a lot of guys here who have been registered for years and have under 100 posts. I'm not going to write those guys off. Many of them are in communities that don't allow for public discussion. Post count has little relevance to experience.

I think content should be the measure of content.

Nuff said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 40gt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been reading " for the money" about the Vortex PST scopes. I really wonder if you could shoot smaller groups with rifles that have $3000 scopes than with the PSTs? I have a fairly accurate 6mm Norma BR. with a 6-24x50mm PST MOA scope with a Custom Vortex Turret that is "dead nuts accurate".

I DO NOT think I could shoot any better with anymore expensive scope and I do not care how more clearer the glass is. And this is all the way out to 1200 yards. If I can hit gongs at 1200 yards the only hinderance was READING the WIND not the scope.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=564977&highlight=

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=574886&highlight=

40gt </div></div>

It's not all about how great things look sitting at the concrete shooting bench. A lot of members here shoot competitions that are VERY hard on the best equipment made. We shoot prone uphill, downhill, over/around barricades, off walls, etc; a forgiving eye relief is mandatory TO BE COMPETITIVE. We shoot in shadows into targets purposely placed in shadows; a bright scope is mandatory TO BE COMPETITIVE. We shoot 5" x 11" prairie dog targets at 505 yards; a high (variable) powered, crystal clear, good resolution, good depth perception scope is mandatory TO BE COMPETITIVE. Posts get written here with everyone thinking others have the same requirements they do. My best advice is to examine your own requirements and get the equipment to meet that. If you goal is to be competitive with the big dogs, it is going to be an impossible task to do that with a factory Savage Edge and a Tasco scope. It would be like trying to win IPSC nationals with a bone stock single stack 8 round Colt 45 and Robbie Leatham is shooting a 22 round 40 cal. If you want to compete against your buddies for bragging rights or you plink at your own steel at the practice range, than you don't need an AW with a PMII. If you want to be COMPETITIVE at major competitions not having the best equipment available is a major handicap. This game is hard enough.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Interesting correlation between post count and content validity. Using those metrics, anyone who has a high opinion of their opinion makes them wiser than those who choose to listen more than they speak. I look more to the registration date than post count. There are a lot of guys here who have been registered for years and have under 100 posts. I'm not going to write those guys off. Many of them are in communities that don't allow for public discussion. Post count has little relevance to experience.

I think content should be the measure of content.

Nuff said.</div></div>

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that people's opinions are more vaild with a higher post count. I think that people's opinions are invalidated by a lower post count and join date. Sub 25 posts and sub 1 month (or 1 week) is normally a recipie for useless information. But once you go over about 200 posts and a couple of years, it really doesn't matter how many you have.

I'm not one to disagree with the post count/join date conversation, but I really think we should really keep this thread on track. Sorry, just my $.02

Unless the OP is saying that PST's in general caused him to say he wasn't impressed and the results were not what he was looking for, why post it here first?

It should be obvious to anyone (who has the appropriate post count and history on SH of course) that this scope in particular has a problem. The appropriate action would be to contact the manufacturer first, not throw them under the bus. Taking it here for your "review" should be the last thing you do.

I am not saying this because I have an emotional investment in a scope, I'm saying it because of a blood investment made to purchase my soul and it is the moral thing to do.

Matthew 18. Check it out.

I can't believe more people aren't annoyed that someone ordered this scope from Midway in June and already received it when probably dozens or more people have ordered this same scope at earlier dates from smaller Vortex retailers (like LO) and still haven't seen their scopes...

I ordered my 6-24 ffp mil in the beginning of march from a small local dealer and was told 3-4 months
frown.gif
Ouch
I was hoping that waiting until spring to order would mean a shorter wait time. Nope... oh well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jj302</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered my 6-24 ffp mil in the beginning of march from a small local dealer and was told 3-4 months
frown.gif
Ouch
I was hoping that waiting until spring to order would mean a shorter wait time. Nope... oh well.

</div></div>

They were in stock at Brownells a week ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
They were in stock at Brownells a week ago.</div></div>

6-24x50 FFP mil/mil? Really? Wow, if that's correct, then something screwy is going on with the smaller (but earlier adopters) like Liberty not getting their scopes before Brownells and Midway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsopa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
They were in stock at Brownells a week ago.</div></div>

6-24x50 FFP mil/mil? Really? Wow, if that's correct, then something screwy is going on with the smaller (but earlier adopters) like Liberty not getting their scopes before Brownells and Midway. </div></div>

Somebody mentioned that backorders are filled according to when the orders came in. For example, if Brownells had 20 backorders to fill from a year ago, and LO had 40 backorders that popped up 8 months ago, Brownells would have received their 20 before LO got theirs.

The FedEx man was here a couple of hours ago to drop off my new 6 x 24 x 50 FFP Mil/Mil PST.
Looks great so far, need to mount it up and get my zero.
Off to the range this afternoon.
Thanks CameraLand/ they also included a t-shirt and cap and coffee.
Will report More later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rarebreed93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The FedEx man was here a couple of hours ago to drop off my new 6 x 24 x 50 FFP Mil/Mil PST.
Looks great so far, need to mount it up and get my zero.
Off to the range this afternoon.
Thanks CameraLand/ they also included a t-shirt and cap and coffee.
Will report More later.</div></div>

Nice! Hopefully, this is a sign that these scopes are going to start arriving in more quantity. When did you order yours?

I bet folks would be happy to see your info posted here: http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2385994&page=2

Received a FedEx package today and there was the PST 6x24x50 FFP Mil/Mil.
I was really looking forward to receiving this scope and Vortex & CameraLand came thru.

Mounted the scope and fired 6 rounds to zero and the sky's opened up on me, but I'm happy with the Vortex and can not say enough about how clear the glass is.
Fit & finish is excellent, very happy with the scope.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
I also want to thank you, Doug & Neil, they went the extra step by including a free hat and shirt and coffee & outstanding service.
A Happy Camper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott1119</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My offer still stands </div></div>

Wow thats neat. Cingular wireless huh? Don't think that company exixsts anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Optics Planet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put the same scope on a friend's model 70 Stealth in 22-250. Nice scope and a great value for the money. Shoots a box well, is clear and bright enough, and is good looking. Yes, it's only on top of a varmint cartridge, but for his application and his $500.00 limit it proved to be an excellent choice. The eye relief is short, though, and is a bit critical. Again, for this application it's a great choice.

Steven L. </div></div>

where did you get an ffp PST for $500? at that price I'll get another one.

I got mine last night. Checked it out and I was very happy with it. It is sad when I sent like others a PM to the person asking if he contacted Vortex and I got a no I have not. Well since it does not look like a call has been made since the start of the thread, I have to guess he is not planning on doing so and just bashing a great scope and company.
Sad I would have to say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fritz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It is sad when I sent like others a PM to the person asking if he contacted Vortex and I got a no I have not. Well since it does not look like a call has been made since the start of the thread, I have to guess he is not planning on doing so and just bashing a great scope and company.
Sad I would have to say. </div></div>

To say the least!

Again I have to wonder if the OP really owns this scope and is simply trying to slam Vortex. It is more than a little fishy how this all played out. Never contacted Vortex, but makes a post like this, before anything could be addressed or possibly resolved(if again this is real). I am sure that by now Sam or Jason have tried to contact the OP to offer their assistance, to find out where it was purchased, get a serial number and got ZERO replies. Tell me this wouldn't be a more likely scenario than the one that the OP has tried to present as truth here.

Never heard of many decent human being that did not allow someone to make a situation right before slamming them publicly as worthless. The OP is indeed a sad human being for attempting to try to spread this stupid crap and call it fertilizer. Good luck! I think most people here have more than a 10 cent brain and can see what the intent of the OP really was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsopa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Still wonder how Midway got theirs first before the LO's of the world. </div></div>
You're kidding right? I don't agree with it, but it's all about sales volume. I can't really blame Vortex for wanting to mke sure that the largest e-tailers like Midway, SWFA, etc received some product early in the process. It would suck for the folks who've been waiting on scopes for a year, but to make Midway wait would have hurt vortex more in lost sales. Welcome to the real world.

And it may be that Midway didn't have the amount of pre-orders that some of the vendors on here did. Personaly if I were to pre-order a product, I would order from someone like LO, or one of the other optic venders here, where your likely to get a hell of a lot better CS than you would from a big place like Midway. Especially when the prices are close to the same, except for the shipping that some places charge.

After 25 shots out if my 308 my 6-24x50 ffp also had a blob floating around, after another 5 shots in went away. Hope it doesn't come back.