• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes vortex viper pst 6-24x50 ffp shipping yet?

Pyrex

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
USA
I've been seeing some threads lately that make me think these are shippong, any word yet, or just speculation?

Re: vortex viper pst 6-24x50 ffp shipping yet?

PST? What is that? Theres no other posts on this forum about a product with that name.

They're like a Yeti. Rumored to exsist but no credible sightings of them....

I have a SFP one on the way yipeeeeee, and a 4-16x SFP on the way this week I hope!!!

Yep my 6*24*50 FFP will be in my hands by Friday of this week

I don't think "major" shipments are. Otherwise you would see tons of members posting that they too are receiving them. I finally called my dealer (after 9 months of waiting) and they are "expecting" a large order mid-month. Heard that before, so we will see.

Scott (liberty Optics)just sent me a pm saying mine went out on the truck yesterday, should have it by friday :)

Bastid! I want mine...even though I dont need it for awhile, maybe Ill put it on the 22-250 for now until my 338 arrives, play some musical scopes over the next few months.

Just talked with SWFA they haven't gotten any in yet. But I'm first on the list when they arrive! I shoud be I only ordered it a YEAR and THREE MONTHS ago!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DuaneC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott (liberty Optics)just sent me a pm saying mine went out on the truck yesterday, should have it by friday :) </div></div>

When did you order it from Scott?

I'm not sure last spring sumtime, I have also been playing musical scopes, but now my 338-378 sits naked waiting on this scope, if I like it will get another one for my 300rum

Sounds like its time for me to put order into scott then. glad to see its finally shippig.

Vortex has just starting sending some models out. We have a few of the Viper PST 1-4x24 Riflescope with TMCQ MOA Reticle in right now. Backorders will be filling fast. Vortex still hasn't sent out all the models yet, so we are waiting on them.

Uggggggg just checked with the post office and it will be here tomorrow, I start my work week tomorrow so probably wont be able to pick up my PST until monday, dam this waiting is killin me LOL Thanks to Scott(liberty optics) it left montana tues and was in denver yesterday but didnt make the shipout to my house this morning, oh well I have waited this long whats a few more days

I canceled my order with SWFA and gave it to Scott over at Liberty.... Nothing feels better than to stick it to SWFA after the crap I had to deal with from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patriotoutlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're like a Yeti. Rumored to exsist but no credible sightings of them.... </div></div>

I saw a real Yeti last week. I did!! Unfortunately it was at Disney Animal World on the Everest Expedition Ride.

Also waiting patiently for my 6-24 FFP to arrive from CS Tactical. Ordered it back in July. Hopefully within the next Month or two they will catch up with the backlog.

I ordered mine from Scott at LO in July (I think).

It seems like the 1-4x ffp is shipping quite a bit, but the 6-24 ffp is coming in very slow.

We waited this long, another month won't hurt us any. Just knowing that some people are getting theirs now is bringing the anxiety back up.

Got home from work tonight and there sitting on my desk is a box from Liberty Optic, wife went by and picked up my 6x24x50 moa/moa ffp PST today, its still sealed in the box, kinda scared to open it LOL I have kinda gotten used to the wait and feelin of excitment reading all I can about them, will have a review tomorrow night, think I will stare at the box one more night :)

Pyrex I would have to agree with you, I also cancelled my pst order with swfa after having ordered 4 of them along with several bases and rings. After waiting for 4 months on a shipment I called them asking about the bases and rings. There response was the shipping was for all of the item and if I wanted the bases and rings I would have to pay additional shipping charges or wait until my scopes come in. That is bullshit, if someone leaves a credit card and they are going to charge close to $3600.oo to it then they can eat the damn shipping for some bases and rings while waiting on the scopes to arrive. I will never deal with them again. I turned around and placed my order with Scott and found the bases and rings some where else cheaper and free shipping. SWFA will never get another dollar of mine. Scott is great to deal with and so is Doug at CameraLand.

Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DuaneC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got home from work tonight and there sitting on my desk is a box from Liberty Optic, wife went by and picked up my 6x24x50 moa/moa ffp PST today, its still sealed in the box, kinda scared to open it LOL I have kinda gotten used to the wait and feelin of excitment reading all I can about them, will have a review tomorrow night, think I will stare at the box one more night :) </div></div>

So...any reviews?

My 6-24 FFP PST is supposed to be on a truck on the way to me now.
I am selling my Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20 to save some money and am putting this scope on instead. I'm hoping I'm making the right decision.

My PST was just delivered per UPS.
Can't wait to get home.

Mine is here pic on the post saying Finally here the wait is over now the weather is fighting me :-(

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DanU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pyrex I would have to agree with you, I also cancelled my pst order with swfa after having ordered 4 of them along with several bases and rings. After waiting for 4 months on a shipment I called them asking about the bases and rings. There response was the shipping was for all of the item and if I wanted the bases and rings I would have to pay additional shipping charges or wait until my scopes come in. That is bullshit, if someone leaves a credit card and they are going to charge close to $3600.oo to it then they can eat the damn shipping for some bases and rings while waiting on the scopes to arrive. I will never deal with them again. I turned around and placed my order with Scott and found the bases and rings some where else cheaper and free shipping. SWFA will never get another dollar of mine. Scott is great to deal with and so is Doug at CameraLand.

Dan </div></div>

Talked to Neil at CameraLand today and got on the list to be notified when the PSTs come. Seemed like a great guy to deal with, hopefully it will be happening soon!

Had some e-mail traffic the past couple days with a representative about the 6-24x50 FFP MOA/MOA version, and I was under the impression that if I ordered it would be available to ship right away. Just a little FYI for anyone that is military of a LEO I suggest emailing Vortex directly. I can't quote prices or their program but it is well worth it.

I received mine yesterday. I'm still a new guy when it come to scopes and long range stuff.

Spent a while trying to get it mounted correctly. I need to go get some feeler gauges to confirm.

My opinions:
I had a Leupold Mark 4 ER/T on the rifle which I removed to put the 6-24 PST on.

The Vortex turrets are sharper (they dig into your fingers more). The Leupold seems a bit more precise in turret action.

I love how the illumination alternates between on and off so you can leave the scope one position away from where you would normally use it.

The illumination knob is sensitive. Sometimes when you turn to the off position you have to confirm it is actually off. There is a little play in detents.

I was e-mailed a return sticker to send my 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA back to exchange it for the new improved one.

40gt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 190grSMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40 what was worng with yours? </div></div>

I think he was one of the people to get the first versions and they are giving him the update one.

I ordered a 6x24x50 ffp PST yesterday from liberty optics, so I'm on the waiting list finally. Hopefully it won't take more then a couple of months. Or less. I'm very fired up and can't wait to get it. Somebody knock me out till it gets here.

Surprise, mine showed up 2 days ago. It has been sooooooo long since I ordered it I forgot all about the scope. A quick glance and it looks good. I need to get it mounted up and give it a try. The adjustments feel good on the turrents, I like the illumination but need to mount to see "how it looks". Guess this is the first time I have ever spent $7 or $800 and FORGOT!!!

I just ordered one from Liberty Optics. Looking forward to seeing how the glass looks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Underwhere</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 190grSMK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">40 what was worng with yours? </div></div>

I think he was one of the people to get the first versions and they are giving him the update one. </div></div>

You are correct. Mine is on the way back and they will send me the new scope free of charge. I'm very happy.

40gt

DuaneC, any opinions on the scope?

Edit: nm, saw your thread.

So far so good, havent had time to do a box test or tracking yet, did get alittle bit of range time yesterday and everything was great, only problem is with the 20 moa base and medium high rings the scope sits abit high and I cant get a good cheek weld, I have to pick up alittle but other then that all is good, glass is very clear and scope sighted right in by shooting a 3 shot group then just counting MOA's and adjusting, I am happy I waited for it instead of breaking down and buying the bushnell

I was just about to pickup a 20moa base, and waa concerned about the relief. Would you recommend a non canted base?

Depends on how far you planning on shooting, I do a lot of 1000 meter shooting so I need a lot of adjustment, looking for an adjustable cheek rest to install then all will be GREAT plus I think they look cool LOL