• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST 6--24x50 FFP

davis21b

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2012
Well finally broke down and bout me a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50FFP scope. I was gonna get a Falcon Menace but, I heard so much good stuff about Vortex and there warranty seems to be unbeatable. I got a Great deal on it too. It is on backorder right now but, thats fine cause i wont be home for a little while anyway. So what are your opinions on this scope just curiuos.

Re: Vortex Viper PST 6--24x50 FFP

I'll let you know when I get mine. Mine has been on back order since mid-December. I'm hoping to have it by Summer time...

Good scope for the money. Only issues I have seen is when you get to the extreme top or bottom of the adjustments, the eye box is very tight and a little difficult to keep a good scope picture. Other than that the glass is pretty good, the clicks are pretty tight and crsip, the tracking seems to be very accurate all throughout the range and the reticle also appears to be correct as well. Not a bad scope for the features and the price tag.

I just got this exact scope in the mail today. Haven't got it mounted but it sure is nice. Exceeds my expectations. Very clear. I got a couple free goodies from cameraland in NY. Free t-shirt and some coffee. There are nicer scopes but I am satisfied so far with the quality and construction. Glass looks clear. Still got to test it out though.

I have a falcon and a PST, and for the price difference, the PST is well worth it.

I finally got a chance to shoot my 6-24 SFP yesterday. wow! ran it out to 750 yds. I am very impressed with the quality. I went from zeroing a new gun to 750 in 20 minutes.

Are you running a canted mount and how much adjustment did you have left if you dialed out to 750.

shot my 6-24 FFP about two weeks ago. I'm happy with the purchase- great for the price. I'm not yet a great discerner of amazing optics, but I do appreciate good glass for a sub 1k scope... can't be beat. I too ordered from CameralandNY and like dealing with them.

I just picked one up in the sale section. Will have it tomorrow. I'll let you know how I like it when I have a chance to take it out.

I am hoping to have mine soon. Has been backordered since December.

shane

i just got my 6-24 ffp from euro optic i mounted it yesterday on an egw 20 moa and the vortex matched rings. i love it so far. i dont like the scope rail tho, i got the low rings and it still sits up to high. i will be taking it out tomorrow to shoot it last friday i talked to alex at euro optic and he said they had a few in stock. if anyone is looking

Been running mine now for about six months. have dropped hard a couple times now and it keeps on ticking. My friends with higher ticket scopes have checked it out and thought it is really clear.
I now run Crossfires, a Viper the PST and I now want a Razor.

I just skyped my wife and she said my scope has made it in. It's about a month or more earlier than I expected. Now I cant wait till I get home so I can see it mtself. I've got to give a big thank you and say how good the folks at Vortex are. I do get to go home for couple of weeks in a couple of weeks and was not expecting it to be there by the time I have to leave but it's already home.

Got to run mine for the first time over the weekend out to 500. The hash marks are dead on and it tracks good. This weekend i will get a chance to run it out to a mile. I have it in a american defence mount with a 20moa uso base. The glass is great up to about 22x then it gets a little tunnel looking.