• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 ffp

shooter3225

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2011
So I've heard that this is a pretty nice scope, and I have been looking at them for a while now. I was wondering how you guys felt about them, and is there a better scope to get for around 1k?? I mean from what Ive heard about the reticle, knobs, and the warranty, it seems kinda hard to pass up the PST. But now they are almost impossible to find or there is a shortage? Does anyone know when or where theyre coming in?? thanks for the help

Re: Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 ffp

There are a ton of other posts on the site about the PST, but ill tell you that I am extremely happy with my 4-16 ffp mil/mil and think that it is well worth the wait. In terms of optical quality, it is equal (if not better) in every way which my eyes can measure to a mark 4. Also, the scope feels sturdy and the clicks on the turret are very solid and positive. I also like the reticle, and the FFP and illumination are really cool features. For the price point, i think that they are really unbeatable scopes. Sure a nightforce might be slightly better in many ways but i confidently say that the PST is damn good and can hold its own with any scope that i have seen. While they are a bit backed up right now, i believe that the wait will definitely pay off in the end. Good luck

I don't agree with the Mark 4 glass comparison. I owned the 8.5-25x50mm Mark 4 FFP and the glass was great. Way above par than the PST I currently own. The turrets on the PST are much better, but the glass is not great.

I have that scope in a SFP and it's OK. Lots of guys have been comparing it to a Nightforce, which I also have and I wouldn't go that far with it. When I bought my PST, it was amidst all of the hype that was flying around and I bought it with the hope that it would be as nice as a Nightforce. That would have given my wallet a break. After having gotten it and used it a bit, I've relegated the PST to duty on top of my rim fire rifle and stuck with the Nightforce for my center fire rifles.

If you are willing to spend up to $1K, you might want to check out the new Super Sniper that's coming out. Either that or check out the Weaver Tactical model.