• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 vs Razor LHT 4.5-22x50

TheRiddick

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2023
NY
New to the shooting. Prob old question but looking for thought from experts such as yourselves. Of the 2 which is better quality overall: glass, zoom, reticles etc. Not a Hunter, maybe use it for hunting in the future but mostly will be used for range shots at distance, would love to shoot 1000 yrds. Plan to mount to RPR 6.5 CR. Let me know thought or curve ball, would someone say go with strike Eagle 5-25 instead… ?
Want to stay in the $1-1.5k range preferably closer to 1k.
Thanks in advance

I have 2 of the LHT 4.5-22 and one 3-15 PST G2. I would not buy the PST over the Razor. PST still a nice scope but not in the same class at all, Japan vs. Philippines. The LHT's elevation turret isn't the best out there but its perfectly usable. I much prefer its reticle over the PST. Glass is also much better.

The PST doesn’t begin to compare to the LHT in regards to glass quality, overall build quality, or reliability. The LHT wouldn’t be my choice for your application either.

There are a lot of better options if you get your head out of the vortex cloud it seems to be stuck in. Bushnell Elite Tactical, Athlon Cronus, and Tract Toric are all optics in the same price range as the LHT that would be a better suit for an RPR for the range.

You can also pick up a lightly used MK5HD for the same price or an NX8 for a little more.

The PST doesn’t begin to compare to the LHT in regards to glass quality, overall build quality, or reliability. The LHT wouldn’t be my choice for your application either.

There are a lot of better options if you get your head out of the vortex cloud it seems to be stuck in. Bushnell Elite Tactical, Athlon Cronus, and Tract Toric are all optics in the same price range as the LHT that would be a better suit for an RPR for the range.

You can also pick up a lightly used MK5HD for the same price or an NX8 for a little more.

Thanks for the feedback. Not against other options. Vortex has a better discount which is why I’ve levitated more towards that.

For the LHT, it really depends how much you value lightness. If it's high on your priority list, the LHT is hard to beat. If it's less important, there are other scopes in that price range without the sacrifices the LHT makes for its low weight.

Since the RPR isn't a lightweight to start, I'd consider options outside the LHT; like the Athlon Cronus, Burris XTR3, Sightron S3 PLR, Razor G2, etc...

Reactions: TheRiddick
I have both the 4.5-22 LHT Razor and the PST II 5-25. I also have the Razor 4.5-27 and a S&B 5-25. Everything is in mrads.

I’ve shot both a bunch at prairie dogs. I’m not a comp/PRS guy.

I really, really like the LHT on my Kidd 10/22. So light! I have one on a 17 Hornet too. The PST I have on a bunch of stuff from rimfire to 204.

However, the 5-25 PST is really quite nice. The eyebox is better than the 4.5-22 LHT; definitely a bit easier to get behind and the image looks “bigger” to the eye. Much like how the big 4.5-27 Razor’s image presents even larger still.

The FOV of the PST is then unsurprisingly larger than the LHT’s. The PST has much better turret feel (LHT’s are mush) but has no turret cap or turret lock like the LHT does. The zoom & parallax effort on both scope models can be variable, but the PST tends to turn a bit easier for some reason (I have multiple copies of each; three LHT and five 5-25 PST plus a bunch of 3-15 PST).

The 5-25 PST is a lot heavier and longer. The LHT has a bit better image quality and less CA. I shoot during the day, so can’t compare the low-light ability, but my money is on the LHT.

You can find the PST for sale new in the $600-$700 range. The 2d reticle is IMHO fantastic for my static varmint-shooting needs, but the XLR-2 is good too. I just prefer the openness of the 2d and feel more relaxed behind it for some reason…the 2d was made for either Midway or Eurooptic and wasn’t a standard option.

The 2c ret is my second fav of the PST, and that 7c abomination sucks balls. Hate the 7c’s long lines on the horizontal stadia. Makes it harder to see the pdogs.

I am not a dialer, so can’t tell you how they track. Both seem to hold zero, but I’m not rolling around in the dirt, either.

Here’s how I would decide: if I was walking around a lot with the rifle, shooting in lower light, wanting my turrets protected, don’t dial much, favor image quality a lot, like locking diopters, or really prized a lightweight rig, I would get the LHT razor.

If I preferred greater a FOV, clicky turrets, smoother controls, a fast adjust eyepiece diopter (vs that blasted slow adjusting locking LHT diopter), and a less “looking through a straw” feeling, get the PST. For example, if I was target shooting, PST would give me less eye fatigue.

Note, the LHT has just slightly a “looking through a straw” feeling. Slightly. But it’s there.

Edit: illumination is equivalent, but the LHT’s button thing sucks. I get why they did it for weight savings, but it’s irritating to use.

Last edited:
I have both the 4.5-22 LHT Razor and the PST II 5-25. I also have the Razor 4.5-27 and a S&B 5-25. Everything is in mrads.

I’ve shot both a bunch at prairie dogs. I’m not a comp/PRS guy.

I really, really like the LHT on my Kidd 10/22. So light! I have one on a 17 Hornet too. The PST I have on a bunch of stuff from rimfire to 204.

The 5-25 PST is really quite nice. The eyebox is better than the 4.5-22 LHT; definitely a bit easier to get behind and the image looks “bigger” to the eye. Much like how the big 4.5-27 Razor’s image presents even larger still.

The FOV of the PST is then unsurprisingly larger than the LHT’s. The PST has much better turret feel (LHT’s are mush) but has no turret cap or turret lock like the LHT does. The zoom & parallax effort on both scope models can be variable, but the PST tends to turn a bit easier for some reason (I have multiple copies of each; three LHT and five 5-25 PST plus a bunch of 3-15 PST).

The 5-25 PST is a lot heavier and longer. The LHT has a bit better image quality and less CA. I shoot during the day, so can’t compare the low-light ability, but my money is on the LHT.

You can find the PST for sale new in the $600-$700 range. The 2d reticle is IMHO fantastic for my static varmint-shooting needs, but the XLR-2 is good too. I just prefer the openness of the 2d and feel more relaxed behind it for some reason…the 2d was made for either Midway or Eurooptic and wasn’t a standard option.

The 2c ret is my second fav of the PST, and that 7c abomination sucks balls. Hate the 7c’s long lines on the horizontal stadia. Makes it harder to see the pdogs.

I am not a dialer, so can’t tell you how they track. Both seem to hold zero, but I’m not rolling around in the dirt, either.

Here’s how I would decide: if I was walking around a lot with the rifle, shoot in lower light, want my turrets protected, don’t dial much, favor image quality a lot, like locking diopters, or really prized a lightweight rig, I would get the LHT razor.

If I preferred greater a FOV, clicky turrets, smoother controls, a fast adjust eyepiece diopter (vs that blasted slow adjusting locking LHT diopter), and a less “looking through a straw” feeling, get the PST. For example, if I was target shooting, PST would give me less eye fatigue.

Note, the LHT has just slightly a “looking through a straw” feeling. Slightly. But it’s there.

Edit: illumination is equivalent, but the LHT’s button thing sucks. I get why they did it for weight savings, but it’s irritating to use.
Thanks appreciate the info!

Reactions: carbonbased
For the LHT, it really depends how much you value lightness. If it's high on your priority list, the LHT is hard to beat. If it's less important, there are other scopes in that price range without the sacrifices the LHT makes for its low weight.

Since the RPR isn't a lightweight to start, I'd consider options outside the LHT; like the Athlon Cronus, Burris XTR3, Sightron S3 PLR, Razor G2, etc...
Razors are above my price range. Even gen2 are still going for above 2k. Of the athlon, burris and sightron. Which would you say is best? I’m gonna check out some reviews on them. Also, you say those options def better then the pst?

Thanks appreciate the info!
No problem. If you ever go for the 3-15 range, the 3-15 PST has a tremendous FOV, like, TT-levels of FOV. Even our resident optical maven @koshkin likes that scope (for the money).

Razors are above my price range.
Just so we’re clear, when I say “Razor” in my above review, unless I follow “Razor” with 4.5-27, I am then referring to the LHT Razor here:
…and am not talking about the 4.5-27 Gen II heavy-as-lead Razor (which also own & I love).

Razors are above my price range. Even gen2 are still going for above 2k. Of the athlon, burris and sightron. Which would you say is best? I’m gonna check out some reviews on them. Also, you say those options def better then the pst?
I have no experience with the athlon, burris or sightron. But when you look for scopes, beforehand rank what you care about the most.

For me, raw image quality is over-rated. The reticle is super important, as are the turrets (i.e. locking, how easy are they to read, zero-method, to a lessen extent “feel”, etc) and especially FOV. And I really like fast-focus diopters.

Last edited:
The G3s were available from Liberty for $2k, and the G2s can be had a bit cheaper. The 3-18 was around $1k from optics planet a little while ago. Refurb 4-27s are $1400...

Of the ones I mentioned, the Cronus is preference. I don't have much time behind the Razor G2, as I can't make sense of the weight. Unfortunately there isn't a one size fits all solution for these things. You need to decide (and try) which attributes are important and how you interact with the reticle. For instance, I really like my XTR3 & Pro but the reticle (even illuminated) is a touch thin for me. The Cronus is a little thicker and suits me better, even though it has less FOV. Also, at this price point, there is a somewhat noticeable difference in optical presentation (image color, CA, distortions, and resolution seems to get good here).

New to the shooting. Prob old question but looking for thought from experts such as yourselves. Of the 2 which is better quality overall: glass, zoom, reticles etc. Not a Hunter, maybe use it for hunting in the future but mostly will be used for range shots at distance, would love to shoot 1000 yrds. Plan to mount to RPR 6.5 CR. Let me know thought or curve ball, would someone say go with strike Eagle 5-25 instead… ?
Want to stay in the $1-1.5k range preferably closer to 1k.
Thanks in advance
Absolute biggest and best bang for your buck in a (NON CHINESE MADE) high quality reliable scope is the Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 FFP illuminated RD MRAD currently on sale as open box DEMOS for only $799.99 with free shipping at Scopelist. They normally sell for around $1250 and comparable to the Athlon Cronus BTR G2 4.5-29x56 but a lot cheaper at the current rock bottom sale price that even LE/Military can't buy them for any cheaper.

I wouldn't recommend the Chinese Strike Eagle or any Chinese made Vortex for that matter nor Philippines Viper PST G2 nor even the Japan made Vortex Razor LHTs regardless of the fact that Vortex has the best no questions asked VIP lifetime warranty in the business.

If you're actually wanting to spend your money on " much better than the typical overpriced underachiever norm these days" on Chinese made optics that are actually worth buying then I can only recommend the Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 if you don't need an illuminated reticle or if a SFP is fine, the surprisingly affordable Athlon Midas BTR G2 4.5-27x50 with illuminated SFP reticle options and zero stop and the FFP Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 with illuminated FFP reticle options and zero stop are superior to the Strike Eagle in quality glass, turrets, repeatability and reliability. In fact these specific Chinese made Athlons surpass the rest of the (Chinese made) scope competition sold by any other brand labels regardless of price. Athlon has a lifetime warranty including their electronics/illuminated reticles which several other well known scope companies simply can't match with their limited short term warranties on their actual electronics. Only buy then when they go on sale for significantly less than their normal typical street prices since they are still made in CHINA. EXAMPLE- Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 "currently" on sale for $565.49 with free shipping and free returns at Walmart online that everyol place else currently sells for $869.99 and have an MSRP of $1087.49 according to Athlon's website.

I also own one of their Japan made Cronus 4.5-29x56 and prefer the significantly lighter weight (almost 10 ounces lighter) of the much cheaper Chinese Ares BTR G2 that is pretty close in optical clarity. In fact, you'd really be surprised how close their glass are considering their huge price difference.

I recommend the Meopta Optika 6 first because at $799.99 with free shipping (open box demos) nothing can touch it short of spending at least $500 more to even equal it (Athlon Cronus of course) and even if they were priced exactly the same I'd choose the Meopta Optika 6 and it is a step up compared to even the top of the line me Chinese made Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 which is hands down the absolute best Chinese made scope that money can possibly buy buy they are ridiculously overpriced IMHO when you can buy way better quality European made Meopta scopes for cheaper.

You will also have the once in a while Chinese made hiccups regarding poor quality control because of the fact that the Ares ETRs are in fact still made in China but at least the odds are still far better with Athlons compared to "Chinese made" Arken and Vortex regarding reliability.

Forgot to mention Meopta have a bumper to bumper type lifetime warranty including their electronics/illuminated reticle. They have been manufacturing scopes and optics for almost a century for other brands such as Zeiss and as well as European military contracts. Meopta is an actual European optics manufacturer who even process and grind their own Schott glass for their scopes and optics.

Absolute biggest and best bang for your buck in a (NON CHINESE MADE) high quality reliable scope is the Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 FFP illuminated RD MRAD currently on sale as open box DEMOS for only $799.99 with free shipping at Scopelist. They normally sell for around $1250 and comparable to the Athlon Cronus BTR G2 4.5-29x56 but a lot cheaper at the current rock bottom sale price that even LE/Military can't buy them for any cheaper.

I wouldn't recommend the Chinese Strike Eagle or any Chinese made Vortex for that matter nor Philippines Viper PST G2 nor even the Japan made Vortex Razor LHTs regardless of the fact that Vortex has the best no questions asked VIP lifetime warranty in the business.

If you're actually wanting to spend your money on " much better than the typical overpriced underachiever norm these days" on Chinese made optics that are actually worth buying then I can only recommend the Athlon Midas Tac 6-24x50 if you don't need an illuminated reticle or if a SFP is fine, the surprisingly affordable Athlon Midas BTR G2 4.5-27x50 with illuminated SFP reticle options and zero stop and the FFP Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 with illuminated FFP reticle options and zero stop are superior to the Strike Eagle in quality glass, turrets, repeatability and reliability. In fact these specific Chinese made Athlons surpass the rest of the (Chinese made) scope competition sold by any other brand labels regardless of price. Athlon has a lifetime warranty including their electronics/illuminated reticles which several other well known scope companies simply can't match with their limited short term warranties on their actual electronics. Only buy then when they go on sale for significantly less than their normal typical street prices since they are still made in CHINA. EXAMPLE- Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 "currently" on sale for $565.49 with free shipping and free returns at Walmart online that everyol place else currently sells for $869.99 and have an MSRP of $1087.49 according to Athlon's website.

I also own one of their Japan made Cronus 4.5-29x56 and prefer the significantly lighter weight (almost 10 ounces lighter) of the much cheaper Chinese Ares BTR G2 that is pretty close in optical clarity. In fact, you'd really be surprised how close their glass are considering their huge price difference.

I recommend the Meopta Optika 6 first because at $799.99 with free shipping (open box demos) nothing can touch it short of spending at least $500 more to even equal it (Athlon Cronus of course) and even if they were priced exactly the same I'd choose the Meopta Optika 6 and it is a step up compared to even the top of the line me Chinese made Ares ETR 4.5-30x56 which is hands down the absolute best Chinese made scope that money can possibly buy buy they are ridiculously overpriced IMHO when you can buy way better quality European made Meopta scopes for cheaper.

You will also have the once in a while Chinese made hiccups regarding poor quality control because of the fact that the Ares ETRs are in fact still made in China but at least the odds are still far better with Athlons compared to "Chinese made" Arken and Vortex regarding reliability.

Forgot to mention Meopta have a bumper to bumper type lifetime warranty including their electronics/illuminated reticle. They have been manufacturing scopes and optics for almost a century for other brands such as Zeiss and as well as European military contracts. Meopta is an actual European optics manufacturer who even process and grind their own Schott glass for their scopes and optics.

Thinking SWFA 5-20×50 HDs (non-illuminated), which are currently also sub-$1000, are a great deal and are Japanese glass. They have illuminated ones sub-$1000 when on sale. Granted, not as wide a magnification range, but good value, nonetheless.

Thanks for all the great info everyone.

The Optika6 looks great. Watched a review of it vs PST gen 2; with the exception of less FOV, Looked much better.

I look into the Burris XTR3 and Cronus now. Leaning more towards the Cronus. What do you guys think about Cronus vs Toric?

Optika6 is a nice scope, but it is OEM'ed in China.
You're joking right? Last time I called Meopta they said none of their scopes were made in China after I heard all the speculation about county of origin.

Thanks for all the great info everyone.

The Optika6 looks great. Watched a review of it vs PST gen 2; with the exception of less FOV, Looked much better.

I look into the Burris XTR3 and Cronus now. Leaning more towards the Cronus. What do you guys think about Cronus vs Toric?
I have a Tract Toric ELR 4.5-30x56 and Cronus 4.5-29x56 and prefer the Tract with slightly better optics based on my own eyes and better feel of the turrets.

What I don't like is the excessive weight of 41-42 oz while the Cronus is 36-37 oz.

The Cronus is actually the much better deal especially if you buy from EV for around $1050.

If you plan on spending MSRP for the Tract Toric ($1694.00) then I'd rather buy the Maven RS.4 (supposedly with the best glass in the sub $2000 price point) or Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 instead.

you buy from EV for around $1050.

What site is EV?

You're joking right? Last time I called Meopta they said none of their scopes were made in China after I heard all the speculation about county of origin.

Everything I’ve seen/read says China for the Optika. I actually watched a review of it against the PST gen2 and the optika looked nicer.

Tract looks nice too. I like how it has locking turrets but I think I like the Cronus more after further looking into both. Plus cheaper deal on the Cronus. Lmk what site is EV. If it’s def 1050 I’ll take it. Cheapest I’ve found, new, is 1350-1400

Reactions: Scopeye
What site is EV?

Everything I’ve seen/read says China for the Optika. I actually watched a review of it against the PST gen2 and the optika looked nicer.

Tract looks nice too. I like how it has locking turrets but I think I like the Cronus more after further looking into both. Plus cheaper deal on the Cronus. Lmk what site is EV. If it’s def 1050 I’ll take it. Cheapest I’ve found, new, is 1350-1400
Expert Voice

What site is EV?

Comparing any scope against a Vortex Viper PST 2 isn't saying much. Even the Chinese Athlon Midas Tac and Ares BTR G2 are much better than the Viper PST G2.

Expert Voice. Where reality does in fact hit you really hard after realizing you were getting ripped off all this time with the ridiculously insanely huge markups on optics among other things and I really don't believe companies are selling all of their products through EV to actually lose money either.

Not joking at all. They gave me the same line, but once I got the scopes in my hands, it is pretty obvious. Then, I asked around a little.

Now that Meopta has been sold, it will be interesting to see what happens with the sport optics line. If the new owners are not interested in it, it might be the end of the road. We just do not know yet.

ILya

Not joking at all. They gave me the same line, but once I got the scopes in my hands, it is pretty obvious. Then, I asked around a little.

Now that Meopta has been sold, it will be interesting to see what happens with the sport optics line. If the new owners are not interested in it, it might be the end of the road. We just do not know yet.

ILya
I have high hopes, especially since their factory in the Czech republic has been manufacturing optics for almost a century and they have the equipment to make everything in house.

I would like to see a new updated scope line with wide angle eye pieces and of course expect them to be made in Europe.

If they built a factory in China maybe it could be still good or at least better than the lower quality domestic Chinese made scopes like how Tesla cars are made there still way better than the home grown junk Chinese cars?

Why would the build a factory in China rather than just having the same manufacturer build them?

Why would the build a factory in China rather than just having the same manufacturer build them?
So they can actually control the manufacturing to maintain quality and keep their proprietary secrets a secret.

Why did Elon build his Tesla factory in China?

Because they wanted to sell cars in China. Also, slave labor is cheap and that manufacturing isn't easily sub-contracted out.

Not much of anything stays proprietary in China.

I have high hopes, especially since their factory in the Czech republic has been manufacturing optics for almost a century and they have the equipment to make everything in house.

I would like to see a new updated scope line with wide angle eye pieces and of course expect them to be made in Europe.

If they built a factory in China maybe it could be still good or at least better than the lower quality domestic Chinese made scopes like how Tesla cars are made there still way better than the home grown junk Chinese cars?
They did not build a factory in China. It is a regular OEM.

The bulk of their business is not sportng optics.

ILya

@Scopeye now is all…

91C74398-CBE7-4383-8CDE-DB3C24B66822.jpeg

Sorry buddy! Just giving you some crap. Bummer about Meopta.

• Haha
Reactions: Jsp556
They did not build a factory in China. It is a regular OEM.

The bulk of their business is not sportng optics.

ILya
So are you saying Meopta USA outright lied to me when I asked the question about their Optika 6 made in China and was told they did not make any of them in China?

So are you saying Meopta USA outright lied to me when I asked the question about their Optika 6 made in China and was told they did not make any of them in China?
I’m sure @koshkin will weigh in, but here’s my take:
  1. Owners of companies hide things from their support staff answering phones and, to a lesser extent, from the marketing dept rank and file
  2. Owners usually don’t hide too much from their legal dept, like the peeps that actually read the broad claims, the body copy and the disclaimer text on marketing materials. That is, if the owners are smart or not corrupt…no guarantees, eh?
  3. Support staff might be just winging it
  4. If it seems too good to be true…

Last edited:
I’m sure @koshkin will weigh in, but here’s my take:
  1. Owners of companies hide things from their support staff answering phones and, to a lesser extent, from the marketing dept rank and file
  2. Owners usually don’t hide too much from their legal dept, like the peeps that actually read the broad claims, the body copy and the disclaimer text on marketing materials. That is, if the owners are smart or not corrupt…no guarantees, eh?
  3. Support staff might be just winging it
  4. If it seems too good to be true…
If the Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 are in fact made in China and the CS folks over at Meopta USA are in fact lying about county of manufacture, at least the Meopta is better quality than even the Chinese Athlon Ares ETRs that are priced much higher. The ETR has an apparent wider FOV but the Meopta has better glass.

No clue. They might not know. There was one guy at Meopta USA I know well and I asked him flat out. I pressed the guys from the headquarters in Czech a while back. He tried to weasel out of it, then started talking about subassemblies made in Asia, then quickly changed the topic of conversation.

ILya

An $1,100 Burris XTR3i from Euro will dunk on almost every scope mentioned in this thread. If you want a good range optic you might hunt with, it's a really good starting point. I wouldn't even begin to consider a Razor G3. It's three pounds.

If the Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 are in fact made in China and the CS folks over at Meopta USA are in fact lying about county of manufacture, at least the Meopta is better quality than even the Chinese Athlon Ares ETRs that are priced much higher. The ETR has an apparent wider FOV but the Meopta has better glass.

I have had them side-by-side. I prefer the Meopta, but largely because I prefer the reticle, but I might be biased :)

I suspect they are made in the same place and are largely identical except for some minor eyepiece design differences.

ILya

Comparing any scope against a Vortex Viper PST 2 isn't saying much. Even the Chinese Athlon Midas Tac and Ares BTR G2 are much better than the Viper PST G2.

Expert Voice. Where reality does in fact hit you really hard after realizing you were getting ripped off all this time with the ridiculously insanely huge markups on optics among other things and I really don't believe companies are selling all of their products through EV to actually lose money either.
There's no way I'd take an Ares BTR over a PST Gen2.

I've only seen a sample of one but the glass was night and day different, with the Ares being horrible.

The wider FOV is also a big advantage.

There's no way I'd take an Ares BTR over a PST Gen2.

I've only seen a sample of one but the glass was night and day different, with the Ares being horrible.

The wider FOV is also a big advantage.
I will give props to Vortex for having bigger than average FOV there.

The Ares you got must have been defective. They're still in fact Chinese so it's totally plausible that you got yourself a bad one.

By comparison, many even stated the new Bushnell Match Pro ED was superior to the Vortex Viper PST G2 but when I compared the Bushnell MPED to my Ares, the Athlon was in fact superior.

I have had them side-by-side. I prefer the Meopta, but largely because I prefer the reticle, but I might be biased :)

I suspect they are made in the same place and are largely identical except for some minor eyepiece design differences.

ILya
I do know that their sunshades are interchangeable and thought it was just a mere coincidence.

I will give props to Vortex for having bigger than average FOV there.

The Ares you got must have been defective. They're still in fact Chinese so it's totally plausible that you got yourself a bad one.

By comparison, many even stated the new Bushnell Match Pro ED was superior to the Vortex Viper PST G2 but when I compared the Bushnell MPED to my Ares, the Athlon was in fact superior.
The Ares ETR is widely reported to be better than the PST Gen 2 the BTR worse.
The Bushnell Match Pro is the same OEM as the Strike Eagle which some say is better than the PST Gen 2, others say the PST is better.

Maybe I'm just a PST G2 fanboi but I'm not sure why it gets so much hate these days.
Personally I think it holds up pretty well to many newer designs, the 3-15 model especially.

Reactions: carbonbased
The Ares ETR is widely reported to be better than the PST Gen 2 the BTR worse.
The Bushnell Match Pro is the same OEM as the Strike Eagle which some say is better than the PST Gen 2, others say the PST is better.

Maybe I'm just a PST G2 fanboi but I'm not sure why it gets so much hate these days.
Personally I think it holds up pretty well to many newer designs, the 3-15 model especially.

Hating on Vortex is the cool thing... Just go look at all the Razor LHT & Vortex warranty threads...

Reactions: YotaEer