• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5x25

Fotis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2009
Cheyenne, Wyoming
gsgroup.co.za
What is your opinion on this scope? Tracking is my biggest concern. I traded into one (NIB) and was wondering if I should use it on my 30-378 or move on... Thank you all.

Last edited:
They’re great. I have two. Solid glass, reliable. Probably starting to feel the competition these days as it’s a crowded segment, but still a good deal for the price.

They are good enough for 90% of people. Myself included. But there are definitely better options out there.

Purchased one, mounted it, went to range today and was quite happy with it. I did a short tracking test and in my opinion, it passed. I'm updating a prior thread on this scope. Mac

Reactions: paulL01
Thanx guys. Do you think it could withstand 30-378 recoil and be ok????
It’ll be fine recoil wise. Put it in good rings I have mine in seekins rings it holds up on a 7.5 pound 280ai that I run 140’s 3250 in that’s pretty recoil heavy. I’ve shot a 20lb+ heavy barreled 338imp that was more polite than my 280

Reactions: FishDr
Thanx guys. Do you think it could withstand 30-378 recoil and be ok????

call them and ask

Every time I’ve called a real person has picked up within a few rings.

fwiw I loved mine for the year I had it. Just “wanted” something nicer so I eventually upgraded to a razor Gen 2. Nothing wrong the the PST

Mine tracks solid, holds zero, and has been through a couple matches with rugged use. You wont be disappointed.

I was going to mount it On a WBY MKV Krieger Custom Rifle 30-378. 175 gr LRX at 3425 fps...... shoots in the .3's consistently.
That made me hurt just reading it. Im not recoil sensitive …. But WOW !
I noticed that you said it shoots in the .3s but didn’t say “all fay long” ;)

Mine tracks solid, holds zero, and has been through a couple matches with rugged use. You wont be disappointed.

That made me hurt just reading it. Im not recoil sensitive …. But WOW !
I noticed that you said it shoots in the .3s but didn’t say “all fay long” ;)

Thank you guys. I decided to go with a SWFA 5x20 HD sd