• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST shims...alternatves

boisepaw

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2020
Queenstown, MD
I bought a used scope on the Hide and it only had one shim with it. I’m sure Vortex will send more but I want to shoot that rifle in a competition a week from today. Any ideas for alternatives so that I can set the zero stop on the scope?

These them???

Pm sent

Attachments

• 20200712_085722.jpg
    20200712_085722.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 205
I have couple old ones and was thinking of getting brass washers or spacers/bushings and cut a channel in them, same size as the shims and make a better fit. I have found that the shims can sometimes be inconsistent when bottoming the dial back out.

I need some also, I'm going to try Vortex see what happens

Was that recently? I sent an e-mail request about a month or two ago and they said none were available.
It was November, last year. Try them again. Call them. I’ve only called them a few times over the years and a real person has always picked up.

Shoot me a message if you need. I believe a have a pack or 3 sitting around.

The alternative I used was a piece of 1/2" PEX pipe that I sliced a slot to fit the stem. I was able to get it to stop about half a rotation under zero. This might work until you get a set of shims. It wasn't a hard stop but I knew to stop when I felt resistance. PVC might work too,I'm not sure of the outside diameter.

Last edited: