• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST Update

gr8fuldoug

Supporting Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2006
Old Bethpage NY
www.cameralandny.com
I just got the following e-mail from Vortex....

<span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Viper PST Riflescope Update</span>We are excited to announce that we are preparing to ship some of the long-awaited Viper PST riflescopes beginning the last week of December.

Although this first shipment will consist of mainly 1-4x24 models, small amounts of other configurations will be shipped out also. We expect the variety of available models to quickly ramp up over the next few weeks—and to have a steady stream throughout the new year.

Each PST Riflescope goes through our rigorous hand inspection process. These inspections are to ensure that you and your customers are completely satisfied with their purchase.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Important Notes</span> This first shipment will not cover all the backorders. Due to the popularity of this line, it may take several weeks to send out all the backordered scopes.
Going forward, we will be receiving shipments on a bi-monthly basis and will ship those PST scopes to you as they become available.

Thank you again for your patience on the Viper PST's and Happy Holidays!

Re: Vortex Viper PST Update

Great news! I kinda thought they would push hard to get them flowing before the end of the year. I'm really pleased they took their time and worked out all the bugs. I look forward to seeing mine!!

Thanks for the update, Doug.

you hear that...the sharp inhale of a breath now being held...in anticipation...finally...maybe...

YES!
I have a 1x4 and a 6x24 on backorder!
of course, I need the 6x24 more but excited to get my hands on some PST

I just wish the PST did not have the illumination knob on it, as that would be perfect hunting scope for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wish the PST did not have the illumination knob on it, as that would be perfect hunting scope for me. </div></div>
Just asking, but what would hurt it as the "perfect hunting scope" by having the illumination knob? If you did't turn it on it would be like not having it, wouldn't it? Like I said, not trying to bust your balls, just asking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wish the PST did not have the illumination knob on it, as that would be perfect hunting scope for me. </div></div> Ask and you shall receive. We are also coming out with a non-illuminated, capped turret version of the PST's.They will have a hash mark style bdc reticle. They will be called the HS series and are in our new catalog. We will have some at SHOT.

Scott

Scott

Just asking, but what would hurt it as the "perfect hunting scope" by having the illumination knob? If you did't turn it on it would be like not having it, wouldn't it? Like I said, not trying to bust your balls, just asking. [/quote]

No problem..Well one thing is I just dont want it, and have no need for that on a hunting rifle.
Thanks Scott will look forward to seeing the new scope and if you need someone to test it I will do it.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott_at_Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wish the PST did not have the illumination knob on it, as that would be perfect hunting scope for me. </div></div> Ask and you shall receive. We are also coming out with a non-illuminated, capped turret version of the PST's.They will have a hash mark style bdc reticle. They will be called the HS series and are in our new catalog. We will have some at SHOT.

Scott </div></div>

Great news for hunters, Scott. Just make you the turrets work right
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Scott or Sam, what would be your best rough guess on getting a PST (16x or 24x) if I ordered by the end of the year?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott_at_Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wish the PST did not have the illumination knob on it, as that would be perfect hunting scope for me. </div></div> Ask and you shall receive. We are also coming out with a non-illuminated, capped turret version of the PST's.They will have a hash mark style bdc reticle. They will be called the HS series and are in our new catalog. We will have some at SHOT.

Scott

Scott </div></div>

Now that's customer service!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Notso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott or Sam, what would be your best rough guess on getting a PST (16x or 24x) if I ordered by the end of the year? </div></div>

That all depends 'probably' on the dealer you order it from. Some have more orders to fill than others. I wouldn't hold ur breath though for a few months...

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Notso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott or Sam, what would be your best rough guess on getting a PST (16x or 24x) if I ordered by the end of the year? </div></div>

It will be hard to say at this point with all the back orders and of course it will depend on the dealer. I would just have to take a guess that it would be at least a couple of months.

-Sam

One more thing about the Viper HS models that are coming, there will also be a Long Range Hunting model that features a PST style exposed elevation knob in 1/2MOA clicks and 24MOA per turn in 4-16x44 and 4-16x50 configurations.

-Sam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wish the PST did not have the illumination knob on it, as that would be perfect hunting scope for me. </div></div>
Just asking, but what would hurt it as the "perfect hunting scope" by having the illumination knob? If you did't turn it on it would be like not having it, wouldn't it? Like I said, not trying to bust your balls, just asking. </div></div>some states will not let you use any equipment that has an illumination device or uses anything electrical i believe. someone will correct me if i am wrong though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam@Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more thing about the Viper HS models that are coming, there will also be a Long Range Hunting model that features a PST style exposed elevation knob in 1/2MOA clicks and 24MOA per turn in 4-16x44 and 4-16x50 configurations.

-Sam </div></div>

Sam, what's the rough time frame on the LR hunting models you just mentioned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam@Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more thing about the Viper HS models that are coming, there will also be a Long Range Hunting model that features a PST style exposed elevation knob in 1/2MOA clicks and 24MOA per turn in 4-16x44 and 4-16x50 configurations.

-Sam </div></div>

Now that will be very interesting..Sounds like the one I want for my rifle..Now just have Doug put me on the list for either the 4-16x44 or even the 4-16x50

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff in TX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam@Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more thing about the Viper HS models that are coming, there will also be a Long Range Hunting model that features a PST style exposed elevation knob in 1/2MOA clicks and 24MOA per turn in 4-16x44 and 4-16x50 configurations.

-Sam </div></div>

Sam, what's the rough time frame on the LR hunting models you just mentioned. </div></div>

I don't have a firm ETA on those yet, so I'll wait to say until I have concrete info.

I expect it will be in plenty of time for hunting season though.

-Sam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sam,
Do you have a link to the HS scopes? </div></div>

They aren't up on the web yet. They are a new introduction at SHOT, so we should be putting them up around that time.

-Sam

Sam, hate to be bothering you with another question, but approximately how many of the 4-16 and 6-24 ffp mil/mil PST's are getting sent out each shipment every couple of weeks? I know you released very few for the first batch. Are these later orders going to be bigger? Thanks for the time to keep us informed!

Mike

This is great news. I can't wait for the user feedback once these get on some rifles! If all goes well, and I'm sure it will, I'll be ordering a few up.

This is great news. At $100AUD per Month I've managed to pay off my laybuy so as soon as one hit's the shores of Australia it should land in my hands
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sam, hate to be bothering you with another question, but approximately how many of the 4-16 and 6-24 ffp mil/mil PST's are getting sent out each shipment every couple of weeks? I know you released very few for the first batch. Are these later orders going to be bigger? Thanks for the time to keep us informed!

Mike </div></div>

No problem Mike, it's not a bother at all.

I can't say exactly how many we will be shipping, but it will definitely be more than we sent on that first batch. The reason that first batch was so small is because we put an immediate stop on shipping them when we realized that they weren't 100% right. We were actually all set to ship a lot more.

Anyway, I know this is pretty vague, but we will be shipping more substantial quantities than that very small first batch.

If there's anything else you need feel free to ask Scott or myself. Thanks!

-Sam

Just a FYI Lowlight (Frank) has a production 1-4 PST that I left with him when I was down at Rifles Only. He will be doing a review on it. Here is the thread 1-4 PST review

Also I forgot to mention that the HS series of hunting scopes are in our new catalog and are SFP.

Scott

What about the SFP versions of the PST? Any of those shipping with this initial (2nd) deployment of the PST's?

Thanks
Mike R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alpha6164</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any plans for an MOA turret to match the MOA reticle you have in the PST? </div></div> They already do, unless I am somehow not understanding what you are asking.

Scott

Sorry, reading frank's post he mentioned that they were .2mrad turrets and that is why i asked. Thanks.

Not a problem, just wanted to make sure I was understanding your question. There are mil/mil and moa/moa versions available through out the line. The 1-4 mrad has .2 clicks and the moa/moa has .5moa. Where as the rest of the line is .1 mils and .25 moa.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott_at_Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not a problem, just wanted to make sure I was understanding your question. There are mil/mil and moa/moa versions available through out the line. The 1-4 mrad has .2 clicks and the moa/moa has .5moa. Where as the rest of the line is .1 mils and .25 moa.

Scott </div></div>

Awesome. Question cleared
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So . . . No news on the SFP models? </div></div>

Yes, we'll be shipping both FFP and SFP models with this first shipment. Sorry, I missed your question.

-Sam

AWESOME! Some SFP news! Thanks Scott really looking forward to completing my order.

Mike

Did I read that correct that subsequent shipments will only be bi-monthly? Or was that supposed to be bi-weekly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VooDooMagic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Instead of bi-, I sure wish he had said semi-... </div></div>

That WOULD have been helpful, since semi- is actually a clear communication, whereas bi- is unclear. It can mean either: Twice a month or every two months.

John

Let me try and clear this up a bit. I would say most of the pre-orders and some new orders should be filled between next week and the end of February. Also just to clear up the bi-monthly definition, I can promise you that there will be more than 6 shipments going out next year.

Scott

It would be interesting to get another review from Jon A when the new scopes come out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: petrochempros.com</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If we were to put an order in within the next couple of weeks would we expect to get one of your scopes in the first quarter of 2011? </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: petrochempros.com</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If we were to put an order in within the next couple of weeks would we expect to get one of your scopes in the first quarter of 2011? </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

You guys have got to be kidding. Have they not made it crystal clear yet that they are not giving out any concrete dates yet! Not only that, but two posts ago Scott said that most of the preorders AND SOME NEW ORDERS would get shipped between next week and February, that sounds a lot like first quarter to me.

If I were you, and you really want one so bad, put in the order! Its not like you cant cancel it if you dont get it by your deadline.

Im also waiting for a PST, but reading most of these posts in here just makes me laugh when a PST is involved.

Again, my recommendation, if you want one really bad just put in the order. Someone will do a review on them before your order gets filled it seems that is almost guaranteed, so you can make your decision then whether to keep or cancel the order.

It is definitely awesome to see Scott and Sam poking in here to clear things up as much as they can so often that is for sure.

I wanted to thank Scott for all the help clearing up an issue with the Razor I just bought from a fellow hider. I can tell you one feature guaranteed to work flawlessly on the PST's, and that is the VIP Warranty!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: petrochempros.com</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If we were to put an order in within the next couple of weeks would we expect to get one of your scopes in the first quarter of 2011? </div></div>

+1 </div></div>

You guys have got to be kidding. Have they not made it crystal clear yet that they are not giving out any concrete dates yet! Not only that, but two posts ago Scott said that most of the preorders AND SOME NEW ORDERS would get shipped between next week and February, that sounds a lot like first quarter to me.

If I were you, and you really want one so bad, put in the order! Its not like you cant cancel it if you dont get it by your deadline.

Im also waiting for a PST, but reading most of these posts in here just makes me laugh when a PST is involved.

Again, my recommendation, if you want one really bad just put in the order. Someone will do a review on them before your order gets filled it seems that is almost guaranteed, so you can make your decision then whether to keep or cancel the order.

It is definitely awesome to see Scott and Sam poking in here to clear things up as much as they can so often that is for sure.

I wanted to thank Scott for all the help clearing up an issue with the Razor I just bought from a fellow hider. I can tell you one feature guaranteed to work flawlessly on the PST's, and that is the VIP Warranty! </div></div>

Their warranty is the best in the business IMO. Good people, great product that they are willing to stand behind no matter how many owners it's had.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam@Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Notso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott or Sam, what would be your best rough guess on getting a PST (16x or 24x) if I ordered by the end of the year? </div></div>

It will be hard to say at this point with all the back orders and of course it will depend on the dealer. I would just have to take a guess that it would be at least a couple of months.

-Sam </div></div>
Thanks!

Scott

Scott </div></div>

Scott,

The SWFA site is advertising the 1-4 Viper HS model as still being illuminated. Is that accurate? So, illuminated but with capped turrets? That would be awesome.