• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST with EBR2?

juslearnin

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
Question for the Vortex guys. Is there any chance of a PST 4-16 FFP being available with the EBR2 reticle?

Does Vortex have a "custom shop" that might be able to build one of these?

I like the weight and size, but really like the EBR2 as well.

Re: Vortex Viper PST with EBR2?

I do not know if they will offer the EBR2 anytime soon. We are having a hard time just getting them in stock. They do not have a custom shop at this time.

We just got some MRAD FFP in stock an it taken months to get them in stock.

Mike @ CST

A PST with the EBR 2 would be the way to go. I have the EBR1 and would rather have the EBR2.

Any particular reason you guys don't like the EBR1..?

Just curious; as I really like it on the 4-16 I have. Now, I've yet to shoot with the -2, so I may be missing something lol.

EBR-2
sub_razor-hd_ebr-2_details.jpg

Better for fast holdovers and measuring your missed shots

EBR-1
sub_viper-pst_416s1-mrad_details.jpg

Only a 5 Mil scale vs the 8 mil scale

PST FFP 4-16x50 EBR-1 is also different from the SFP.
+/- 8 mils wind & elev, with .06 mil cross hair subtension.
L,R & Top scale in .2 mil graduations for last 3 mils.

Drew -

The more I look at it, the more I like the EBR-2. Same as the EBR-1 in the PST FFP except for the additional etching on the lower half. Might just have to get another rifle if they come out with EBR-2 for the PST.
smile.gif

EBR-1 comes in MOA, but EBR-2 does not. Is there some technical reason for this?

Would love EBR-2 in MOA. (I have a MOA and a MIL scope, and I find MOA much easier to use.)

I emailed the guy who has the scope linked above to see if it really has the EB2, but haven't heard back. I'll bet it is not listed correctly. I also PMd Scott at Vortex and he said they currently don't have plans for this, they are mostly trying to catch up/keep up with current orders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: juslearnin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I emailed the guy who has the scope linked above to see if it really has the EB2, but haven't heard back. I'll bet it is not listed correctly. I also PMd Scott at Vortex and he said they currently don't have plans for this, they are mostly trying to catch up/keep up with current orders. </div></div>

Earlier this year, Prior to me buying my IOR from Scott at Liberty optics, I
e mailed Vortex and asked them If they had any plans in the near future in bringing out the PST with the EBR 2 reticle. I would have waited for it. They replied they were not. I then bought my IOR.

I don't know what Vortex will reveal at the Shot Show in January. They've had a very hard time getting the PST in the hands of consumers.

I would think a PST with the EBR-2 reticle would hurt sales of the razor line. Would be cool though. Then I could afford one.

I asked them about it at SHOT.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but they are working hard to get the current models out the door since demand is way over supply.

I have the EBR-2 in my Razor HD and it is currently my favorite reticle. If I could have one retrofit into my USO I would.