• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST

eterp997

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2012
I'm looking at getting a good quality scope for my R700 .308 sps-t, and I'm not ready to spend the $ on a leupold lr/t yet, I was wondering how the 4-16x50 Viper PST mildot .10 Mil adjustment scope holds up, and if any of you have any experience with it.

I heard through the grape vine that it sometimes has tracking problems (when adjusting for elevation, you may need to adjust left or right too??)

Also if any one you have any through-scope pictures on the reticle/clarity of it, if you can post them that would be great! Thanks!

Re: Vortex Viper PST

By "heard it through the grapevine" you mean that you read it on the internet?

There are LOTS of owners of the PST here, all are very happy, the PST is a great scope for the money and if you have issues then Vortex has some of the best CS in the business. Buy one with confidence.

Thanks. Also, does anyone know if the Millett TRS are FFP or SFP?

I'm just stumped on what scope to get. As of now I'm leaning towards a Viper PST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eterp997</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks. Also, does anyone know if the Millett TRS are FFP or SFP? </div></div>

i dont think millett has a ffp option, i could be wrong, i dont really follow them. if it does not say assume sfp

I have the 6-24 vortex pst and have been nothing but pleased with it. I have seen now tracking issue or return to zero. the other day I took my rifle out to 800 yards in 100 yard increments and when moving from one yardage to the other I would go back to zero then to the next yardage. Going from 100 to 800 then back to 100 and it returned to zero with no problem. To me the clarity is good and I have not had a problem although I find myself shooting at 13 power instead of anywhere near 24. I say if you have the money order it you will not be disappointed.

Walter

Thanks guys. I'm trying to either sell or trade my ar15 for a scope so when that happens I will look further into scope details.

I have a 4-16x50 ffp. As long as the scope is level to the action ive had no tracking issues.
the only problem ive had is the target becoming too clear and losing my reticule (reticule blurs then disappears) due to low magnification and fine crosshairs. I can pick then back up by adjusting the magnification, closing my eyes for a sec , or putting my crosshairs on the sky.
Other than that ive had great success w it.

Ps the turrets were smaller and sharper (edges) than I thought

I have the 6-24x50 Viper PST on my 338LM. I have shot 100 rounds or so now, and it has been flawless. Optic is very clear, and most of the time use nothing more then a 14x power setting.

I have the Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle on my Remington 700 LSS 257 Weatherby and a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle on my Remington 700 Sendero 7mm STW. I have shot about 150 rounds or so now, and they have been perfect. Optic is very clear, and tracking is perfect.

I have the 4-16 FFP ERB-1 MOA on my savage .338 LM. It has been great so far it tracks great and the glass is really clear. I am waiting for the 6-24 to come off backorder and then that will go on my .338 and the 4-16 will go on my .308.

I just bought one of these last week, and it is the MRAD x24/50mm and i got it in the First Focal. Now i'm looking for a rifle to go with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cannonman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just bought one of these last week, and it is the MRAD x24/50mm and i got it in the First Focal. Now i'm looking for a rifle to go with it.
</div></div>

Hey Cannonman, do you mind sharing where you got the FFP x24/50mm from??? I've been looking for one of those for a LONG TIME and NOBODY has them in Stock. The back order right now lasts as long as 3 Months at some stores...

I recently bought a Savage 110 HS Precision in 338 Lap. Looking at the Viper PST pretty hard instead of its Leupold Equiv. Had not really considered Vortex until recently. Everything Im reading says they are the best bang for the buck though.