• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper PST

cnofear2000

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2010
how do you guys feel about the Vortex Viper PST? I'm looking for a good mid-level scope... thoughts?

Re: Vortex Viper PST

and in case you missed it, the admin put a custom search box on the right side of the screen.

JCH,

thanks for pointing out the thread, definately answered my questions!

V/r,

looked through a couple of them in a store, a 1-4 and a 6-24, nice scopes, I may get a 1-4 soon.

1-4PST is great awesome reticle
2.5-10 is okay glass quality mediocre (get a 3-9 super sniper instead same price but better)
4-16 no idea some say great some say poor glass quality
6-24 is great

I hear good things about the 3-15 weaver FFP too and the 750$ price is right.

Bushnell 3-12 FFP is great but I wouldn't pay more than 600 for one

Leupold Mark AR and Mark 2 scopes I don't really like them but others do. If you're a casual plinker and can't spend more than ~400 you could certainly do worse...

That's about all I can think of at the moment

Agree. I have the 1-4X and love it. The reticle is well thought out.

The 2.5-10X glass isn't anything spectacular. at 10X, my SWFA SS10X HD is much better. The glass aside, I do like the features on the 2.5-10X. The illumination knob is in a handy spot, and the zero stops are nice. Seems pretty tough too. I have no complaints with mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1-4PST is great awesome reticle
2.5-10 is okay glass quality mediocre (get a 3-9 super sniper instead same price but better)
4-16 no idea some say great some say poor glass quality
6-24 is great

I hear good things about the 3-15 weaver FFP too and the 750$ price is right.

Bushnell 3-12 FFP is great but I wouldn't pay more than 600 for one

Leupold Mark AR and Mark 2 scopes I don't really like them but others do. If you're a casual plinker and can't spend more than ~400 you could certainly do worse...

That's about all I can think of at the moment </div></div>

4-16 FFP is the same great glass as it is on my 6-24 FFP.

I tend to shoot high-end scopes. I have been running 3 Vortex PST and have been really happy with them. To me for their price point they are hard to beat.

Mike @ CST

I actually got hands on one for the first time the other day and was really impressed with the quality of the reticle and turning on the illumination really impressed me.

I'll tell you what I think of the Vortex Viper PST. When I got my first one I sold my Nightforce. I will likely get flamed for this but I think the PST is better than the NF. It is at least better than the one I had anyway.

My 4-16x50 FFP PST is excellent. I do notice a little bit of red CA, but its not bad enough to bother me. I am not seeing any of the clarity issues that some have alleged from their sample. Pretty good quality glass and excellent feature set for the price point.

Turret adjustments are extremely positive. The traction on the turret shoulders are excellent.

Illumination controls are firm to adjust and have "off" positions between each of the 10 illumination settings.

I've been using the 1-4x for awhile now and really like it. No complaints so far.

I have a 2.5-10 on the way for my MWS I will let you know when it gets here. Its the only one you cant realy find any info or reviews on.

Dustin

I have a 4-16 and I really like it. Great glass, the turrets are excellent, the illumination is very nice, has no bleed. I got much more out of this scope than I thought.

Sent my pst back next day. Glass was not bright and had a green glare on the eye piece. Guy at store says it is light reflecting off the lens coating. I say keep it.

The reticle was very nice and I like the ffp. Just for reference a millet buck gold and bushnell 4200 were noticeably brighter and clearer. I really wanted to like it for the price, but I was not impressed at all with the glass. Never got to mount it to test tracking.

For the record, those who said not to sell my NF for 2 pst's were correct!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cnofear2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do you guys feel about the Vortex Viper PST? I'm looking for a good mid-level scope... thoughts? </div></div>

<span style="color: #333300"><span style="font-weight: bold">Just ordered the Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP in mils from CameraLand last week.
Looking forward to it!</span></span>