• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tomcat mv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2011
Just wanted to say, Vortex ROCKS! I had to send my scope back to them for somewhat minor repair and they did as advertised. Went to the range today and everything was gtg. Great service on warranty.

Re: vortex

Love mine, too!

Sorry I troubled them for something that wasn't an issue. They were great about it, though. Got it back in a week.
smile.gif

Good to hear that their CS is great. I just sent mine back for a problem with a spot on the glass. Still waiting to hear back from them. Hope it gets back soon. I really like the scope, it tracks well, turrets are crisp, and the glass is good. Can't beat it for the money. Its every bit as good as my Leupold MKIV

Mine had a spot on the glass as well. They cleaned it tightened up the turret tension, and re-charged the gas. Only took a week.

Good to hear Vortex treats their customers right. This was the reason I chose my new Viper HD spotter over the Leupold Kenai. I find comfort knowing my $800 scope has an insurance plan.

Think its the way im going to go for my next tac scope i like the features

+1 on service. My R700 is now wearing a brand new PST cause of their fabulous customer service!!! Can not give them enough kudos!!

Vortex customer service is the best!!!

I will never have any other type of rifle scope on my rifles from now on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spelunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to hear Vortex treats their customers right. This was the reason I chose my new Viper HD spotter over the Leupold Kenai. I find comfort knowing my $800 scope has an insurance plan. </div></div>

Leupold has an excellent reputation in regards to their warranty and service.

I am glad that vortex goes above and beyond in their customer service, it speaks volumnes of their integrity.

However, consider that there are numerous threads espousing their CS. The fact that so many need to exercise the industries best warranty should give pause.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

personally leupold cs ranks right up there with barska. they really stuck it to me on 2 seperate occasions. there 50mm scope was beat in a low light test by a simmons 50mm scope. the leupold was on 4x the simmons on 6x and the simmons won. i sent it back to leupold and they sent it back to me saying "scope meets our standards nothing done" leupold will never trick me into buying from them again after that.

oh ya and there 1200 yd rangefinder will range 650 on the best of days. even with a bushnell rangefinder getting the distances when the leupold cant.

sorry for the rant i just have a strong hatred for leupold

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

personally leupold cs ranks right up there with barska. they really stuck it to me on 2 seperate occasions. there 50mm scope was beat in a low light test by a simmons 50mm scope. the leupold was on 4x the simmons on 6x and the simmons won. i sent it back to leupold and they sent it back to me saying "scope meets our standards nothing done" leupold will never trick me into buying from them again after that.

oh ya and there 1200 yd rangefinder will range 650 on the best of days. even with a bushnell rangefinder getting the distances when the leupold cant.

sorry for the rant i just have a strong hatred for leupold </div></div>

i had a set of luppy QD rings,,,, the the cross locks sheared off under recoil causing the rings to slide down the rail and gouged the shit out of my rail. they wouldnt replace the rail, and sent me the wrong rings back, as a replacement, then had the balls to ask for the other set back...

i had a band new Vortex on my gun, getting out of the car, i just set the gun on the roof of my car... when i turned my back, it fell and crushed the eyepiece... Vortex replaced it no questions asked...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 42769vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

sorry for the rant i just have a strong hatred for leupold </div></div>

That sucks, I would steer clear of them myself and I have no love for leupy either.
Leupold has a good reputation for CS, but then, as I said, if you have to rely on that CS or you see many threads referring to it, it should give you pause.

Not sure how this turned into a conversation about Leupold, but while we are on that subject, my PST is every bit as good as my Mark IV with more features at half the price. I will definitely buy another Vortex, but probably not a Leupold. By the way, I got my scope back from Vortex a couple days ago and it is gtg. It sucks to have to send stuff back because its broken, but if a company takes care of you, its easier to live with. Bottom line is, stuff breaks, even expensive stuff. I would much rather deal with Vortex and know that I will be taken care of. Rant over.