• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vote for 50 yard target (pics)

Re: Vote for 50 yard target

You need to put the 3 targets up here so people can see them all side beside. Easier to make a comparison that way.

i just put a different type of target on the original thread that i think puts (more or less) all the elements of the three targets together. see what ya think. i haven't taken it out to 50 yards to see what it looks like through the scope yet.

once we get the target and rules finalized, we can tack it on to the existing short range comps sticky (4 Position and whatever we're going to call this one on the same sticky).

I had a look at that target (obviously). It incorporates everything I'd like to see at 50 yards. Good find wherever you got it from, or if you made it. My only suggestion, which I put in the other thread too, would be just to make the number grid just a hair smaller.

I don't want members to be influenced by voting on the same target that the majority is voting on. I want them to choose which one they personally really like best. Besides I looked and I can't change it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only concern is that I have such a short attention span not remembering to find this thread
</div></div>

Just put it in your favorites in your browser.

This is just something I did quick to neo's target to make it a 25 round target.

Target5-1.jpg

^ Doesn't matter. Your vote will still count as a vote for his target whether it was the other one or not.
smile.gif

TP I really like your target.
SBS since I'm a "cheap bastard" I was trying to get 3 rounds out of a box of 50
grin.gif
I like the idea of both bench and prone with winners for each.
Also I think we should cut the voting off around the 26th that way we could nail down the COF and get it going for the month of Aug.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TP I really like your target.
SBS since I'm a "cheap bastard" I was trying to get 3 rounds out of a box of 50
grin.gif
I like the idea of both bench and prone with winners for each.
Also I think we should cut the voting off around the 26th that way we could nail down the COF and get it going for the month of Aug.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Oh. Yeah 3 rounds would be cool too. I'm down either way. The problem with the poll is that it doesn't even let me see the results. On top of that, you can't modify the date or anything else. Going on the amount of attention this poll has received, I do think it could end soon. Everyone would just have to put their vote in again is all.

I could make a new poll, but majority rules. If I'm going to do that, I'd need some input you guys.....

I wasn't talkin 3 rnds for score just trying to let ppl shoot a complete target for practice with lower round count.
As for the poll no need to go to the trouble of a new one. Just wanted to get this thing going I'm getting an itchy trigger finger.
laugh.gif

Yeah me too. I hear ya. But I had to leave some time for competitors that may not log on as much as we do or they're out of town and stuff like that. If the rules are pretty straight forward, I'm pretty sure we can still have it for August.

I was looking over these targets again, and feel free to post your comments; I don't think the dart board (as cool as it is) is really gonna work. I think the problem will be that most of the guys here will just blow huge hole through the middle, leaving it exremely difficult to score the hits on the outer edge. It would probably work a lot better if we lowered it to about 15 rounds or something like that. JMO

that's why if the dart board is the winner, you have to call a "301" "401" "501" or some other number that all the shots have to equal.

the least amount of shots to whatever that magic number is, wins.

i'd probably shoot for the thicker part of the pie slice to ensure a high percentage hit on a point value and use more rounds than a riskier shot at center and hitting the "point" of the pie slice on a point value that you don't want to hit, then having to scramble to make the goal number, with the possibility of "busting", just like in regular darts.

this will particularly critical if range conditions are windy.

just a thought.

^ Very true. I haven't put it out to 50 yards yet. But looking at it, those slices are probably going to be pretty damn small.