• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VQ Summit-10/22 17 Mach 2 barrel?

bmicek

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2017
Kansas
Recently ordered a 17 Mach 2 VQ Summit with the intent to swap the barrel to 22lr. Does anyone know if that 17 Mach 2 barrel can go into any 10/22 receiver if I were to sell it? I talked to VQ and they said they don’t sell the 17 Mach 2 barrels for 10/22’s so they don’t recommend it. I felt like the answer they gave me was more of an answer for liability reasons but I thought maybe someone on here had better intel. I don’t want to discredit them, their answer just seemed uncertain the way they worded it.

I didn’t want to advertise it for sale as a 10/22 compatible barrel if it truly wouldn’t work. But I also don’t want to hold onto this barrel if someone out there wanted to toy with it in their 10/22.

17HM2 in a 10/22 has problems with function, not fit.
Mine had burning powder ejecting out the ejection port. Need something to delay the action but still cycle reliably.

• Wow
Reactions: Cowpokey
Mine had burning powder ejecting out the ejection port. Need something to delay the action but still cycle reliably.
I wonder if that's why VQ only offers them as a complete rifle with the Summit toggle action?

It is 3xtreemly hard to make a reliable 10/17hm2. I've had several including a full VQ. I kept the barrel for a Summit and sold the rest. The only semi-auto 17hm2 I have now is a Savagae a17hm2. I don't trust 10/22 converts. Had several blow outs before I gave up. I like my fingers and what's left of my hearing.

Sounds like something a like a Norell 10/22 machine gun bolt is the answer. They have a small spring loaded detent and a magnet to eliminate bolt bounce and hold the bolt shut for a few micro seconds longer. Not sure if John still offers them now that Gene Reed passed away.

Last edited:
I own a Magnum Research MRI17/22, the bolt handle is heavier to retard blowback.

Reactions: nikonNUT