• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo’ed Help

Lastsaint21

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2020
My buddy bought a Vudoo, and that thing has been giving him fits.. If he runs Lapua he will get feeding issues on the 8-9th round on a 10 round mag.. it’s like clock work. If we run Eley club (practice ammo) runs fine.. We have stretched the mag springs, it’s in a MDS XRS Chassis.. The bolt will pass over the bullet. Since Eley works and Lapua doesn’t what ever the fix is has to be a small adjustment, only difference in that ammo is .02 ish right. But it’s an important .02 apparently

Does that chassis have an adjustable mag catch?

Is there wobble/play when the mag is inserted?

Does that chassis have an adjustable mag catch?

Is there wobble/play when the mag is inserted?
It does not but it’s incoming.. what worries me about that is it feels pretty topped out now..but we are only off by little so it might help.
Let me also say, it’s not really the Vudoo, the gun shoots fine, when you get to mixing and matching these things with chassis it takes time, making sure everything adjusted. It is weird that it’s the same round almost every time, if you get rid of that one round, it will load the last one fine.

My buddy bought a Vudoo, and that thing has been giving him fits.. If he runs Lapua he will get feeding issues on the 8-9th round on a 10 round mag.. it’s like clock work. If we run Eley club (practice ammo) runs fine.. We have stretched the mag springs, it’s in a MDS XRS Chassis.. The bolt will pass over the bullet. Since Eley works and Lapua doesn’t what ever the fix is has to be a small adjustment, only difference in that ammo is .02 ish right. But it’s an important .02 apparently
Used gun that came with the Eley followers?

Reactions: nikonNUT
Used gun that came with the Eley followers?

It was a new gun from Vudoo, I don’t think the Eley club has a flat nose. It’s round. Eley works well though.
Just to see I might have him do this just to see on one mag.

It was a new gun from Vudoo, I don’t think the Eley club has a flat nose. It’s round. Eley works well though.
Just to see I might have him do this just to see on one mag.
If watch the video are 2 main parts to it. There is a Eley specific follower with a thinner surface that would lower the rim.

Reactions: nikonNUT
The misfeeding issue sounds exactly like what I experienced with my first-gen Vudoo over four years ago. The fix for me was an adjustable mag release for its MPA BA-Comp chassis. If I understand correctly, the adjustable catch is now standard on that chassis. It was brand-new back then.

Try this:
  1. Close the bolt and insert a magazine until it latches in position.
  2. Pull downward so that the mag sets as low as possible.
  3. Push straight up on the mag. If it moves much more than 1/16 inch, it's a good bet the misfeeds are due to the magazine set too low.
A sixteenth of an inch isn't much, but it does amount to over 25% of the diameter of the bullet - and Vudoo's controlled-feed design requires proper magazine height for proper feeding.

If vertical play is found, try putting a little piece of duct tape over the mag's raised "bump" that engages the mag latch. That's what I did; it was a diagnostic exercise as much as a temporary fix.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
The misfeeding issue sounds exactly like what I experienced with my first-gen Vudoo over four years ago. The fix for me was an adjustable mag release for its MPA BA-Comp chassis. If I understand correctly, the adjustable catch is now standard on that chassis. It was brand-new back then.

Try this:
  1. Close the bolt and insert a magazine until it latches in position.
  2. Pull downward so that the mag sets as low as possible.
  3. Push straight up on the mag. If it moves much more than 1/16 inch, it's a good bet the misfeeds are due to the magazine set too low.
A sixteenth of an inch isn't much, but it does amount to over 25% of the diameter of the bullet - and Vudoo's controlled-feed design requires proper magazine height for proper feeding.

If vertical play is found, try putting a little piece of duct tape over the mag's raised "bump" that engages the mag latch. That's what I did; it was a diagnostic exercise as much as a temporary fix.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for that! I appreciate it and I will try it.