• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo 22 users

Jab1134

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2020
What profile and length on ur vudoo and why ???? 16-18-20 kukuree or mtu . Gonna order soon and wanna be sure on everything before I order . Also any thoughts on the ace or the bartlin ??? I’m sure the bartlin is awesome but a lot of talk about the ace . Any idea on price difference on the up grade to ace???

Still waiting on my first Vudoo, but I'm trying to basically mimic my comp rifle, so went with MTU in longest length they have. Barrel brand didn't matter to me, I'll run whatever they stick on there. They know what they are doing, so I trust their expertise.

What profile and length on ur vudoo and why ???? 16-18-20 kukuree or mtu . Gonna order soon and wanna be sure on everything before I order . Also any thoughts on the ace or the bartlin ??? I’m sure the bartlin is awesome but a lot of talk about the ace . Any idea on price difference on the up grade to ace???
Don’t believe there is a price upgrade?? But I ordered an Ace MTU 20” bc i want weight. But go 18 or 20” for the best ballistics.

I got a 20" Proof (only one contour). I love it. Price difference was all pretty menial, get the gun you want!

I went with a 22" Benchmark which has their own contour, but ultimately was aiming for a 22" Kukri Contour. Goal was to get a balanced rig that wasn't overly heavy.

The extra 2" of steel up front does help a good balance.

Downside of the 2" of extra length is my velocity is a bit slower, and Center-X ammo shoots like 1085fps in a 18-20" and it shoots down around 1055-1060 in a 22". Eley ammo though is a bit hotter and out of a 22" will shoot around 1090/1100 which is good. Curious if Lapua makes hotter ammo, maybe a 29xx lot.

Ace/Bartlein are more or less the same. There is no price difference between Ace or Bartlein.

I went with a 22" Benchmark which has their own contour, but ultimately was aiming for a 22" Kukri Contour. Goal was to get a balanced rig that wasn't overly heavy.

Downside of the 2" of extra length is my velocity is a bit slower, and Center-X ammo shoots like 1085fps in a 18-20" and it shoots down around 1055-1060 in a 22". Eley ammo though is a bit hotter and out of a 22" will shoot around 1090/1100 which is good. Curious if Lapua makes hotter ammo, maybe a 29xx lot.

Ace/Bartlein are more or less the same. There is no price difference between Ace or Bartlein.
If you are asking whether guys see Lapua rated 329 m/s here goes ...

Of the eight lots of Center X I have three are 329 and three are 328.

If you are not asking whether guys see Lapua rated 329 m/s I'll just go back into my hole.

If you are asking whether guys see Lapua rated 329 m/s here goes ...

Of the eight lots of Center X I have three are 329 and three are 328.

If you are not asking whether guys see Lapua rated 329 m/s I'll just go back into my hole.

Thanks. Yes I was asking exactly that. I have a 324 m/s right now coming out at 1055fps. My 325 m/s comes out at 1060 fps. If I can get a 329 m/s, I can hope to get back up to like 1080ish which would be nice (assuming my rifle likes that speed/harmonics).

I think I'll go to Lapua and ask if they can test Midas+ and Center-X with their 328/329 lots.

Don't go over 20". The 18-20" is a good place to be. Contour is up to you and how heavy you want it. I run an 18" Kukri and like it. Ace and Bartlein are both excellent. I would use what they have in stock.

I would guess it’s the barrel itself and not the length giving you those velocities. I have 22” and a 24” barrels on my vudoos. My 22” isn’t slow and my 24” is actually a few fps faster. Multiple lots of center x has been around 1080 for me except one that was 1100.

I would guess it’s the barrel itself and not the length giving you those velocities. I have 22” and a 24” barrels on my vudoos. My 22” isn’t slow and my 24” is actually a few fps faster. Multiple lots of center x has been around 1080 for me except one that was 1100.

That's interesting... I've tested with a few different 22" barrels and they were all around 1050-1055fps. The 24" barrel was down to 1040 fps.

22" Benchmark, 22" MTU Ace, 22" Bartlein, 24" Benchmark, and I have tested multiple 18-20" Ace and Bartlein Kukri and MTU profiles and they shoot the same ammo 1085.

Reactions: CBeck and Badjujuu
This is a good observation. No one should assume that barrel length dictates ammo velocity. Actual MV's are the result an interaction of the ammo with a particular barrel. I have two barrels of exactly the same length made by the same manufacturer. One consistently produces faster MVs with the same lot of ammo.

Shooters should not assume that average velocities derived from Lapua lot numbers will be the same in their rifles. Average MVs in another rifle can be very different.

I run a vudoo with a 16 inch barrel that is 1/16 twist and it averages 1070 - 1080 with center x and 1060 to 1070 with Midas +
Shooting golf balls @400
20200911_173654.jpg
20200612_201743.jpg

I got an 18" Kukri Ace and it shoots as one would expect a Vudoo to shoot. I bought what they had on hand. Had I ordered it I would have picked a 20" MTU, but I'm not complaining at all.

My barrel is faster than my previous Vudoo, I'm getting 1100 fps with CenterX.

I chose the KRG stock with 20 inch Ace barrel with a Kukri profile. Why? I dunno, I guess it was a compromise. I wanted to shoot informal benchrest competition but didn't want a dedicated rifle for this purpose. I could have bought a Bartlein for the same price. After talking with the sales person, she really couldn't say which one would be any better and I'm sure Mike wouldn't market the Ace barrels if it weren't so. So far, I'm happy with it. If I were to do it over again, I might get an 18 inch barrel to lighten it up a bit, but that's academic. The proof is in the shooting. Velocity? I never checked, but does it matter?
10 shots at 100 yd.jpg