• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo 22lr to 1004 yds

I was told in another thread it was Federal Match but the video shows Center X. Different people, same target? *It was also 1004 yards so I assume it was the same target.

First off, I have a few questions? How are they measuring "10 feet behind the target" or "5 feet in front of the target" when I didn't see anybody out there with a measuring tape?

Also, I've shot with 17HMR to 300 yards and ring is just barely able to be heard. What thickness and type of steel is that?

sweet setup by the way

That’s amazing. looked like a perfect day to try it.

also, I’ve never heard someone describe a miss as “behind the target”, and not left, right, high or short. Is that because it’s coming in like a mortar?
Disclaimer: I’m not a scientist.

At that distance it would be coming down at a steep angle. From my ( little ) experience some 22 ammo has a max range well under a mile. ( like 1200-1400 yds

Reactions: trob
At that distance it would be coming down at a steep angle. From my ( little ) experience some 22 ammo has a max range well under a mile. ( like 1200-1400 yds
Which is what makes this impressive.

I was out of the weekend plinking at 460m and ran out of elevation and hold. Going another 500m I would have to add triple the hold.

@Pond skipper what was your data ? Temp, DA, velo, DOPE, etc. Love to compare notes.

According to Vudoo's Instagram page, AJ was using a Charlie TARAC, Lapua X-ACT and 113.5 mils to get on target.

I don't know him, just passing along the info that may help someone. I don't even understand what a Charlie TARAC is or how it works.

Reactions: iceng and RAVAGE88
Spotter was down range and the hits you were hearing were coming from the spotter and shooter being on the phone with each other and it was picked up by the mic in the camera. For every 5 yards at that range it needs a whole extra mil of elevation, ammo used was Lapua Xact

Reactions: beretta_man11
AJ has worked really hard to understand the science behind what it takes to hit at over 1000 with a 22LR. Not that long ago, he was hitting a Coke can at 600 and being as goal oriented as he is, always takes the necessary steps to take it further.

MB

Spotter was down range and the hits you were hearing were coming from the spotter and shooter being on the phone with each other and it was picked up by the mic in the camera. For every 5 yards at that range it needs a whole extra mil of elevation, ammo used was Lapua Xact

Gotcha, this makes more sense.

AJ has worked really hard to understand the science behind what it takes to hit at over 1000 with a 22LR. Not that long ago, he was hitting a Coke can at 600 and being as goal oriented as he is, always takes the necessary steps to take it further.

MB

?can’t imagine who this mysterious sweetheart might be! Thanks MB!

Side note: this was all said in extreme sarcasm.

The fact that you had to add this exemplifies how stupid and triggered some people truly are.

Was still an impressive bit of marksmanship regardless what scope was on top. Perhaps he wanted a harder challenge ?

But, but, but....He’s using an Athlon. 😳No, ‘they’ say it can’t be done without a NF or SB or Vortex. Say it ain’t so that a $1400 scope actually works.

Side note: this was all said in extreme sarcasm.
Athlons rock!

That's insane!!! +1 Athlon Optics, I love mine!