• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vudoo empty chamber indicator - looking for advice on which one

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Looked at Plug'r and Hoz and Shield. Any others I should look at or input on the two I've found?

I use these guys:
UTG Chamber Flag

For my Vudoo I trim down the tip so it's not going past the chamber when inserted, and I drill a hole through the thin web and attach a shock cord loop to secure to the bolt handle. I'll shoot a picture tonight, have to clean the rifle for a match this weekend.

I just ordered two left hand ECI from Precision Match Gear (the gentleman who makes the precision match timer iOS watch app). They’re supposed to get here today and I’ll try to follow up with my impressions. I got them in case I can’t use my mag block at NRL22 nats - locally we’ve been okay with blocks for NRL22 and PRS22 so far.

I just ordered two left hand ECI from Precision Match Gear (the gentleman who makes the precision match timer iOS watch app). They’re supposed to get here today and I’ll try to follow up with my impressions. I got them in case I can’t use my mag block at NRL22 nats - locally we’ve been okay with blocks for NRL22 and PRS22 so far.
Please let me know!!!

I got them in case I can’t use my mag block at NRL22 nats - locally we’ve been okay with blocks for NRL22 and PRS22 so far.
Locally my club is the same, which is prob why they updated the rules about mag blocks. I’ve yet to shoot at a club that didn’t allow one, but if I did I’d probably grab a zip tie and hang about a yard of pink flagging from it. And then probably not go back.

Locally my club is the same, which is prob why they updated the rules about mag blocks. I’ve yet to shoot at a club that didn’t allow one, but if I did I’d probably grab a zip tie and hang about a yard of pink flagging from it. And then probably not go back.
Well what’s your preferred mag block? I may pick one up but know my local club has gone to chamber flags which is why I was looking

Well what’s your preferred mag block? I may pick one up but know my local club has gone to chamber flags which is why I was looking
FWIW I am and have been using the l3i blocks that I got from an and j sporting as I recall back in 22. It’s familiar, I like them and think they work just fine.

Reactions: Thesepaperwings
I've gotten ECI's from amazon, and some of those red flags, drilled a small hole in the ECI and used a split ring to attach both together.

I only have one. Some 3D printed mag block. It’s ok, nothing special, but way better than a ECI.

I use these guys:
UTG Chamber Flag

For my Vudoo I trim down the tip so it's not going past the chamber when inserted, and I drill a hole through the thin web and attach a shock cord loop to secure to the bolt handle. I'll shoot a picture tonight, have to clean the rifle for a match this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_7482.jpeg
    IMG_7482.jpeg
    932.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7483.jpeg
    IMG_7483.jpeg
    538.7 KB · Views: 60
One of the clubs I shoot at require’s the plug must go in the chamber so the mag block style is out.
I am a keep it simple guy, and use those cheap plastic ones that often are included with new guns, or a simple length of weed wicker cord attached to a key chain

That’s why I use the magnetic one from RCI as it stays in place and doesn’t fall out like the basic ones but it also goes into chamber and more and more clubs are requiring that now.

Reactions: STex
Piece of day-glow weed eater/string trimmer line. Gently heat just behind a chamber length section of it, bend that over 90 degrees, and cut tail to preferred length.

Please let me know!!!
It seems well made. It’s taking me some getting used to over the simplicity and positivity of the L3i Mag Block I’ve gotten so accustomed to. I’d maybe have liked the magnet to be a bit stronger. I’ll keep using it for a while and see what I think. I’m sure it’ll be a good option for when I’m not allowed to use a block.

Reactions: USMC22
One of the clubs I shoot at require’s the plug must go in the chamber so the mag block style is out.
I am a keep it simple guy, and use those cheap plastic ones that often are included with new guns, or a simple length of weed wicker cord attached to a key chain
Same. I really like the mag-block designs, but with PRS and other ranges/matches requiring protrusion in the the chamber for the ECI, I had to comply.

The RCI is the same but has a piece of elastic that wraps around the bolt handle to hold it closed.

MK machine he a member here...

Reactions: ZY100
If someone has a 3d Printer here is an stl file of a Chamber Block I made. It fits my RimX in a Manners Mini Chassis perfect. I would expect it should fit others as well. I make mine out of PETG.

Attachments

• AICS Chamber Block.zip
    95.2 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: ZY100 and Mina_
The MD’s both use my mag blocks, so I can’t imagine they won’t be allowed.

Here’s the one I make for rimfire AICS pattern guns:

It’s cool. I’ve now got an option that doesn’t involve sticking plastic into the chamber but does positively show clear if I go places that don’t allow a block (which, as I’ve said, I have and have been using for a long time).

I use these on my begara 22 and centerfire rifles, you can use the 22 version in a centerfire but not the other way around. https://www.yow-tech.com/product-page/mag-flag-vudoo-v-22-aics

Have one of these. Works great.

For those of you that have ranges that require jamming a foreign object in your chamber, I encourage you to petition and fight to just block the bolt.
I've seen 2 chamber flags leave chunks in the chamber that caused issues now. So if I happen to only have a flag it just gets dropped through the mag-well.

For those of you that have ranges that require jamming a foreign object in your chamber, I encourage you to petition and fight to just block the bolt.
I've seen 2 chamber flags leave chunks in the chamber that caused issues now. So if I happen to only have a flag it just gets dropped through the mag-well.

I like mine, bright green and bright orange, you can't miss them.

PRS rules specifically require that the ECI enter the chamber. Of course, local MDs can do what they want, but I’m not showing up to anything above club level with anything questionable.

Reactions: 375fan and LR1845
PRS rules specifically require that the ECI enter the chamber. Of course, local MDs can do what they want, but I’m not showing up to anything above club level with anything questionable.

Once again, I'm reminded why the prs is dumb.

Foreign objects don't belong where they can get jammed in front of a bullet and obstruct the barrel.

We've all seen dumb stuff happen, this is them trying to avoid a lawsuit but will cause them one when they have a kaboom because of their required method of "safety".

Foreign objects don't belong where they can get jammed in front of a bullet and obstruct the barrel.

We've all seen dumb stuff happen, this is them trying to avoid a lawsuit but will cause them one when they have a kaboom because of their required method of "safety".

The problem is people use cheap home made solutions and that is how things get in the chamber. I have used in chamber flags in centerfire for years for 21 years and also in rimfire matches the past 8 years and never had an issue with anything in the chamber. If you use something like I posted above in the RCI magnetic chamber indicator for $12.99 you can have something to make sure a round isn't in the chamber and it will not leave anything in the chamber.

I used these

The newer magnetic printed ECI have shorts nubs that should not touch the chamber wall. They are smaller and pretty stout. I’ve never shot my rifle long enough to even get it hot. If you’re breaking shit off or scratching your chamber you have bigger issues at hand.

Team,

We have a lot of good options. ECIs are as old as the hills. While I like (and used) mag blocks, something that at least goes into the chamber “some amount “ is a true ECI…a flag is not.

The SAP ECI is a great option for a whopping $13. I do not love sticking 3” of flag in my 22 bore.

Of note;

- 2 years ago a very experienced shooter cooked off a centerfire round in the parking lot after pulling a block and dropping the hammer…luckily no injuries.

- 2 weeks ago I was helping run a stage (22 match) while on a squad. As the shooter was loading and making ready, when he pulled his block there was a live round in the chamber.

Sure both 100% on the shooter. But I think an ECI is better at breaking a mishap chain than a mag block.

My 0.02.

ZY

Bullshit

ECIs that enter the chamber have been required in NRA rifle sports including smallbore prone and three position for over 25 years without a problem.

Go make up some other imaginary safety "incident."

Reactions: oldrifleman
Exactly, they have these rules for a reason, you may choose to ignore the precautions in your backyard, but any event that ignores these will lose their insurance coverage. They would also lose the endorsement/sponsorship as no one will want to be in any way associated with an event where someone gets shot.

Reactions: 308pirate
Bullshit

ECIs that enter the chamber have been required in NRA rifle sports including smallbore prone and three position for over 25 years without a problem.

Go make up some other imaginary safety "incident."

Apparently we got the only bad bag of chamber flags from CMP?

Mag blocks still keep the bolt open and nothing can enter the chamber.

The problem isn’t something entering the chamber but something remaining in there after a stage.
This right here. Have seen more than once someone time out on a stage in rim fire prs and the cartridge doesn't eject. You know immediately with an eci, not so much with a mag block.

Reactions: 308pirate and ed99
Apparently we got the only bad bag of chamber flags from CMP?

Mag blocks still keep the bolt open and nothing can enter the chamber.

It's incumbent on YOU to make sure ALL your gear is squared away.

You've already been corrected on why those idiotic mag blocks are not allowed by many sports. Because they don't fucking work.

Mag blocks render the gun inoperative, and don’t fall out.

The amount of times I’ve been swept by someone picking their chamber flag up when it fell out between stages makes me angry.

Reactions: darth_ritis